PDA

View Full Version : Disney in Missouri

DisneyDreams09
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I know this rumor has been the subject of sketchy gossip for a while, but I live in Missouri not far from Branson, and a new report says corporate offices linked to disney have bought a ton of land right outside of Branson, the plans that were leaked said it could have around six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages and 18 restaurants and that whoever bought the land requested 1.1 billion dollars in road improvements
Can anyone else give some insight?

Its hard telling what is the truth but it would be neat having a bit of disney magic here in missouri, but no matter what I would still have to travel to WDW
By the way, I saw someone on here asking about Silver Dollar City in Branson
and as it is no WDW it is really cool and worth a trip
Thanks!

Rachael the Newbie:mickey:

06/06 - OKW (FIRST TIME)

10/09-? (Suggestions for 5)

Figment!
06-19-2007, 11:05 PM
a new report says corporate offices linked to disney have bought a ton of land right outside of Branson, the plans that were leaked said it could have around six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages and 18 restaurants and that whoever bought the land requested 1.1 billion dollars in road improvementsNot sure where you are reading the report from, but it is not new. The report is almost 2 months old to-the-date.

There have since been follow-up reports citing the canceling of the proposed project and the great likelihood of it being a hoax, land speculation scheme, or the like.

You can find these articles and a rather lengthy discussion in Disney Rumor Reignited (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102685).