PDA

View Full Version : Rumor On New Park!!

DisneyDiva20
06-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok so, I know that Disney is going to eventually open up another theme park to add already to wonderful Walt Disney World!! So far I have heard two ideas, one that there will be A Villan theme park which I think would be awsome but would most likely only really appeal to teens and up because it may be to scary for little ones, and also they may open a fantasy theme park like Unicorns and such which is also not a bad idea. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything at all!! Thanks:mickey:

last real pirate
06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
i haven't heard anything but a villain park would really be cool !!!! there is so much you could do with that. for every hero there a bad guy.

Dedivah
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I did not hear about a new theme park, however, i did hear about a new water park.

LoriMistress
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
It would be wonderful to have a well themed Villian adult/teen park of thrill rides. Though, there has been recent rumors of another Disney Water Park.

WDWfanatic742
06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Like some exec's have said, there won't be a new theme park added for a couple years at the earliest. Their approach on things right now is over seas parks and the rumored Disney hotels popping up around the country.

KAJUNKING
06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
ive also heard some people mention disney mabey doing some smaller parks in different places around the country

NewmanFamily6
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I do not know if they will build on or not but with Universal adding Harry Potter it may not be such a bad idea. Harry Potter has a lot of fans that could maybe take away from Disney's sales.

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
i dont know about you but

A VILLAN/THRILL PARK WOULD BE SOO COOL!!!!!!

Just think,
All the magic of Disney in a total thrill park!

DisneyDreams09
06-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I know this rumor has been the subject of sketchy gossip for a while, but I live in Missouri not far from Branson, and a new report says corporate offices linked to disney have bought a ton of land right outside of Branson, the plans that were leaked said it could have around six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages and 18 restaurants and that whoever bought the land requested 1.1 billion dollars in road improvements
Its hard telling what is the truth but it would be neat having a bit of disney magic here in missouri, but no matter what I would still have to travel to WDW
By the way, I saw someone on here asking about Silver Dollar City and as it is no WDW it is really cool and worth a trip

Rachael:mickey:

06/06 OKW FIRST TRIP
10/09-?

TexasPrincessAurora
06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
The unicorns were supposed to be part of a new "land" at Animal Kingdom I believe...I think they scrapped that idea though.

The Harry Potter section of Universal does put a new spin on things though...that's going to be a huge draw for them.

I wonder if Disney couldn't do something similar with Narnia.

Bobby T
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
That Branson rumor did have some life, but Disney has officially squashed it.

As for a new theme park, I think Disney is going to build out AK and upgrade MGM before breaking ground for a new park.

Narawen
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
The unicorn rumor was originally supposed to be a mythical creatures area of the AK. I wish they would do that, I'd love to see unicorns and dragons, etc. The villian theme park would be cool, but I don't think Disney would do it. Too much of their audience is made up of families with small children who would be scared by that. They already got rid of a villian character meal, why would they make a whole theme park?

It'll probably be awhile before a new theme park comes out. Disney has just in the past year reached the level of profits again that it had pre-9/11. They're mainly working on expanding AK and changing MGM around a bit. I'm interested to see what their response will be to the HP section of Universal now. Hopefully it means exciting new attractions for us.

emmingo
06-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I also heard an odd rumor that the fifth gate would be similar to Tokyo DisneySea (someone did mention that this might actually be a rumor on a second gate in Hong Kong). If thats true, it would be awesome. We went to TDS on a genealogy trip to Japan, and it was wonderful.

lockedoutlogic
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Here's reasonable possibilities:

Disney Shanghai

Disney Sydney

New Water Park at WDW (probably will be announced this fall)

New "Lands" at MGM and/or AK....

More redevelopment of Future World at EPCOT

A new country or two to to EPCOT World Showcase

Large scale tweaking of Disney Hong Kong, Disney Studios Paris, and California Adventure
maybe...a third gate in Japan

DVC...DVC....and more DVC

Here's unrealistic rumors:

Villian Park....I could see them adding it to MGM or maybe Cali Adventure....but they won't go as far as building a "teen" park

Disney parks anywhere in the US that don't allow for 365 day operation....so sorry...no SC, MO, IL, or any of the other weird ideas that have been thrown out...maybe...in the distant future...they might try Texas

Fifth Park at WDW....though I do think it is on the longterm plans, it won't probably be for 10-15 years....they will need to concentrate on infrastructure to acccomodate the increase in resorts and traffic that will be a result of the western way and 4 seasons expansion...I wouldn't be surprised if they do a major mass transit update before thinking of a new park

Reduction in Room rates or ticket prices :blush:

lockedoutlogic
06-20-2007, 10:32 AM
The unicorn rumor was originally supposed to be a mythical creatures area of the AK. I wish they would do that, I'd love to see unicorns and dragons, etc. The villian theme park would be cool, but I don't think Disney would do it. Too much of their audience is made up of families with small children who would be scared by that. They already got rid of a villian character meal, why would they make a whole theme park?

It'll probably be awhile before a new theme park comes out. Disney has just in the past year reached the level of profits again that it had pre-9/11. They're mainly working on expanding AK and changing MGM around a bit. I'm interested to see what their response will be to the HP section of Universal now. Hopefully it means exciting new attractions for us.

A corrective historical note:

Disney's business at WDW was in a severe decline in early 2001....not due to any international blunders.
Eisner overexpanded the resorts, didn't reinvest enough into the attractions, and repeated an earlier blunder at MGM by rushing AK into existence.
I can tell you...from the trenches...that hotel rooms sat empty and staff hours were being cut in the Spring of 2001....don't blame Al Queda...Disney made it's own errors during that time period...don't believe the hype.....

Other than that....you're dead on:thumbsup:

DisneyFanaticDargon
06-20-2007, 10:38 AM
The Villains park has been a rumor for years, probably since I was 12 or 13 which was about 10 years ago and not long after AK opened. I doubt it'll ever happen. Disney is only focused on overseas expansion right now and honestly, the concept of a Villains park and the idea that it would only contain massive thrill rides (in an attempt to probably compete with Islands of Adventure) is just very un-Disney and highly unlikely. I'd be more apt to believe a rumor that they were finally adding the Beastly Kingdom section to AK before believing that they were going to build a Villains theme park.

GrumpyFan
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
For what it's worth, and IMHO, Disney will never build a "Dark" or Villains park that is solely intended for teens and adults. As much as it might seem like a great concept, in reality it's bad business for a company whose main focus is entertaining the whole family. Millions of families visit WDW every year with family members ranging from infants to seniors, and while a "dark park" might appeal to teens and some adults, there would be a large segment of guests who would not enjoy such a thing, especially if it scares them. Can you imagine the complaints they would get? So, if the whole park is scary or dark, then reason would say that a lot of people would avoid going, which means eventually it would fail.

Disney has become quite good at building parks that appeal to the whole family and offer a little of something that the youngest family member to the oldest can enjoy. When it's done with the right balance, you wind up with a self-sustaining park that everyone will want to come back to again and again. I think that the best they could hope for on the "dark/villain" concept would be a an attraction or maybe even a section that was along these lines.

I know some of you don't necessarily agree, but I would simply point out the example of the Six Flags chain of parks. Six Flags is in the midst of a major turnaround right now trying to fix their broken (money losing) parks largely because they went for a long time only building high thrill attractions aimed at teens. This strategy eventually wore thin when families stopped visiting due to the image of their parks being unruly and unfriendly. Without families, ticket sales dropped, as did the cash flow from merchandising and food causing major budget deficits at almost all of their parks.

Another good example is Epcot. When the park first opened they didn't really have anything to entertain the younger kids. Reportedly there were many complaints from guests whose kids were bored and disappointed. So, what did they do (still doing)? They added characters and attractions to try and bring more mass appeal to the whole family.

cgriff
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Reduction in Room rates or ticket prices :blush:

LOL! :D Ok, that's real dreaming there!

cgriff

playdead88
06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
when we were there this past april one of the bus drivers that was taking us back to the beach club pointed out an area and said just past there disney is opening a new theme park that will focus on thrill rides and roller coasters and then he mentioned the four seasons resort that will also be opening. who knows?! but that would be so cool if its true! :thumbsup:

Supercali
06-21-2007, 12:55 PM
The latest rumor that I've heard, is that there are currently at least three different concepts Imagineers are looking at for the Fifth park. However, they won't even start construction until the beginning of the next decade. Depending on the economy, it could open by 2014-2015.:cool:

caryrae
06-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I know this may be no no for alot of people but why not add a land in MK for the villains instead of a whole park? You could have Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomarrowland, Mickeys toontown, Liberty Square, Frontierland, Mainstreet USA, and Villainland.

Or would it be wrong to add a land to MK?

Speedy1998
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
A corrective historical note:

Disney's business at WDW was in a severe decline in early 2001....not due to any international blunders.
Eisner overexpanded the resorts, didn't reinvest enough into the attractions, and repeated an earlier blunder at MGM by rushing AK into existence.
I can tell you...from the trenches...that hotel rooms sat empty and staff hours were being cut in the Spring of 2001....don't blame Al Queda...Disney made it's own errors during that time period...don't believe the hype.....

Other than that....you're dead on:thumbsup:

You forgot that the economy was also in decline in early 2001. The Dot Com Bubble had already burst and alot of people were losing their retirements in the stock market. 9-11 only made the situation worse.

I personnaly think that the mistakes that the Eisner regieme made in that time period was they assumed the economy of the late 90's was going to keep on truckin' without any type of economic downturn.

joelkfla
06-22-2007, 01:21 AM
I know this may be no no for alot of people but why not add a land in MK for the villains instead of a whole park? You could have Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomarrowland, Mickeys toontown, Liberty Square, Frontierland, Mainstreet USA, and Villainland.
Actually, that was a rumor for future development of the 20K area. I think Jim Hill was pushing it. The rumor was a hybrid dark-ride/coaster mountain featuring a collection of Disney villains, surrounded by a villain-themed mini-land. It could be connected to either or both Fantasyland or Toontown Fair, as the "bad side" of those lands.

It wouldn't be too different from Universal's concept for the Wizarding World of H.P., which they're calling "a park within a park."

lockedoutlogic
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
You forgot that the economy was also in decline in early 2001. The Dot Com Bubble had already burst and alot of people were losing their retirements in the stock market. 9-11 only made the situation worse.

I personnaly think that the mistakes that the Eisner regieme made in that time period was they assumed the economy of the late 90's was going to keep on truckin' without any type of economic downturn.

Yeah....so basically we're in complete agreement?

An error to judge the longterm economic forecasts...is an error like anyother. Many predicted that dot.com couldn't hold....most notable the chairman of the federal reserve....but what did he know anyway?

Eisney definitely went greedy without Frank Wells there to temper him and attempted to exploit things for profit....

Nothing new for Disney...but Eisner was a little too obvious, and in the process hurt their image a little in the short term

They seem to have rebounded.