PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Cabins?

robyn221
06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi!

I just made the down payment for a surprise trip to WDW in September for DD's 9th birthday:secret:. We also have a DS with autism and Callie has always been very understanding about how a lot of what we do as a family is dependent on her brother's issues, so we go WAY out for her birthday. This year, it's the trip. I would like to put up a banner on her birthday on the cabin. Has anyone done something similar? And if so, how did you do it and how agreeable/helpful were the resort personnel?

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

mom4disney
06-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Our family has stayed in the cabins for the past three Halloweens. We have decorated our cabin every year. We have put bats in the windows, "spider webs" along the doors, and a flying bat in a tree off of our deck. The housekeepers have even gotten into our decorating by placing a plastic snake at our front door in the kitchen. We had jack-o-lanterns on our drive in front of the cabin. We have never had any people ask us to remove the decorations. I believe that as long as it is cleaned up in a proper fashion that no one would have a problem. I say CELEBRATE and have a blast!

ibrowse17
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
People decorate all over Ft. Wilderness. As long as it is tasteful and cleaned up when you leave, they should have no problems with it. Do tell them before you arrive that you will have a birthday girl with you. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Goofeygal
06-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't forget to let them know when you check in it is her birthday. They will send a card and pic from her fav disney character and she will get a birthday button to wear into the parks so everyone knows it is her birthday.:mickey::thumbsup:

faline
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
You may also want to check out this information on celebrating a birthday at Disney World. (http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)

robyn221
06-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Robyn:mickey: