PDA

View Full Version : Families of 5

ToDisney
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
We are a family of 4. If we were to take along a friend on a trip to WDW with us, I was wondering about some of the rides...
We haven't ever had a problem 2 in one car and 2 in another. What rides could we ride with 3 to a car, and what rides if any would someone be alone. It would be to 15 yr olds and an 11. Both 15 yr girls are fairly petite, or my son could squeeze in with us, as long as it isn't a safety issue. (if CM will let us) I guess I'm must wondering about BTMRR and EE things like that.
Thanks for any info!:mickey:

indytraveler
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
We are a family of 5. Although my DK's are 13,11,&7 so that means I have smaller kids. We have been able to ride 3 kids per car in Winnie the Pooh, and Snow White. Depending on Cast Member with SW we have had an entire car to ourselves. Peter Pan we can fly 3 in a ship. BTMRR we usually end up with just 4 riders, hmm. However, on those rare occasions when all 5 ride we end up with a single. I have had 3 in a car with me but that was when they were small. The boat rides POTC and IASW both seem to let us have 2 rows so we have some room. HM we have riden 3 in a doombuggy but they are still kinda small. I haven't been on EE yet but my guess is that this is like a regular Roller coaster with 2 seats. RNRRC is just a 2 seater but one of you may ride sooner as a single.

My question to you is where do you plan on staying? We stay off site b/c we can get a suite with 2 bedrooms. Most rooms are set up for a family of 4.

Hope this helped. Good Luck.

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
E:E is definitely only two to a seat. On Test Track, there are two rows of three, so that will work out well for you. For ride vehicles like those on the Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight, you can probably fit three in one. Of course, RnRC is only two, Mission:Space is four. As for BTMRR, there is one long bar that goes over the seats instead of two individual ones, but I think each seat is intended for two people. I remember riding with both parents once, but that was when I was really little.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin only has two laser blaster things per car, so someone would have to be alone on that one, and Space Mountain only has four seats per vehicle (not 100% on that one). Most Fantasyland rides will depend on the Cast Member.
Splash Mountain: two to a row but there are four rows. And Spaceship Earth has four seats per vehicle, two per row.

Hope this helped!

Goofeygal
06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I believe I have seen them put 3 on BTMR and SM. Not positive though.

Doug The Disney Man`
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I agree with most of the other posters that you're biggest issues will be with the coaster type rides and Mission Space, because they have specific restraints per seat, not a bench seat with a bar going across. Most of the rides are designed to accomodate at least 3 per seat so that families can ride together, the way Walt intended! You should be able to split into a 3 and a 2 on most rides and have an awesome time!

ToDisney
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Do you think Spaceship Earth could be a 3 and 2 ride?? That one would be good.
:thumbsup:
Thanks for all the help! Its nothing I have ever really thought about before.
:mickey:

Jared
06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
We always travel with a party of five, so I understand your concerns. When my sister was born, we wondered if somebody would have to sit alone on certain attractions.

Everyone can fit comfortably in Spaceship Earth. Just put three in one row of the vehicle, two in the other.

Cast Members will allow you to put three people in a ride vehicle on The Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight.

The only attractions you may face trouble are roller coasters like Expedition Everest and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Good luck!

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
and Space Mountain only has four seats per vehicle (not 100% on that one)

Nope!
Space mountain has two cars per 'spaceship' and each car seats three one in front of the other, so space mountain can seat a total of 6 per ride vehicle.

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Oh, of course! I knew something wasn't right. Maybe I was thinking of Disnyland.

ToDisney
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Ya'll are a great help!
:rocks:
I knew I could count on you!;)
THANKS!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
We have been able to sit 3 in a seat on Splash but, my kids are only 9 and 7 and really skinny..lol.

I think we will have to split up soon as they are getting bigger.

BTMRR was only 2 to a seat.

The rest everyone else commented on. When our family of 5 rides together they usually give us two rows on things like POTC and Malestrom, even though with the kids being so little we could fit on one row.

Have fun!! :mickey:

BritCody
06-21-2007, 10:48 AM
We tour with 5 all of the time. In rides where it is 2 in a seat like EE or SM we just rotate who will be sitting by themselves. This way nobody feels left out.