PDA

View Full Version : Expedtion Everest???

DisneyDiva20
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
So I have heard mixed things on this ride, that it is really great and is worth going on, and that also it was not all that it is cracked up to be, what do you think? I will be in Disney in September so just let me know

baby minnie's mommy
06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
:fworks: Welcome!!! :fworks:

I was too chicken to go on EE last time :blush: , but yesterday I watched the video of it on YouTube to see if I could handle it. You may want to do that if you're unsure about the ride. They've got a bunch of videos of it, but be warned it's a "ride spoiler" if you would rather ride it without knowing where the drops and Yeti are and stuff. :secret:

garymacd
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Loved it! But you will have to make up your own mind on it. It isn't a huge 'coaster like some of the big 'coasters at the theme parks that have nothing but 'coasters; but, as always, Disney gives you more than you bargained for with a story to tie the ride to the park instead of just a 'coaster sitting out in the middle of a field.

A lot of other people love it, too! Do yourself a favour and get there early and get a fast pass.

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I love EE!! The Yeti is great, I love how the roller coaster goes backwards and for a minute, you really feel like you are on a snowy mountain. It's one of the only reasons I go to AK.

vicster
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I went on last September for the first time and loved it! Go for it!

Doug The Disney Man`
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I didn't really like Everest as much as I'd hoped. The mountain is cool and I liked the ride itself, but I feel like there should have been a soundtrack on the ride, like a guide telling you what was going on or something. I was just a little confused on the story. I mean, on RNRC you know you're goin on a crazy limo ride. Space Mtn. you're blasting off into space. Splash you're escaping Brer Bear and Brer Fox. And ToT is the best themed ride EVER.

But with Everest I felt like we're going up the mountain in the train, and then oh look the tracks are messed up and then.....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.....Oh look the Yeti!......AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Although, the AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! part is pretty fun!:):D

LouRodriGIS
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Went on E:E for the first time back in April 2006. In fact we (me and DS7) rode it 5 times in the first 2 hours we were in the park. I guess the fact we rode the ride 5 times may tell you what I think.

It's arguably the best ride in WDW. Besides the thrill it is, by far, the most ellaborate ride in WDW. Everything is amazing from the view when you enter the park, the queue, the ride, and the effects. I can't see why anyone would not love E:E. It's like Big Thunder Mt on steroids.

slegrant
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
My families new favorite ride, it is incredible. If you can, ride it at night when Disney is doing the extra magic hours.:mickey:

Dedivah
06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
It is a great ride. Try it!

Goes4FastPass
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
This is simply one of the best theme park attractions in the world. Every aspect from theming to ride experience is terrific. EVen the queue is fun.

Jared
06-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Expedition Everest is an intense ride but is one of the best attractions in Walt Disney World. The coaster is smooth and the effects are unmatched.

Animal Kingdom needed a facelift, and Expedition Everest was the perfect addition.

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 05:40 PM
I felt like we're going up the mountain in the train, and then oh look the tracks are messed up and then.....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.....Oh look the Yeti!......AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Although, the AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! part is pretty fun!:):D

Oooh i wanna try! Cant wait until Sept 7th!!!

CaptSmee
06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
It's THE most thrilling ride at WDW (other than maybe RNR or TOT). Highly recommended and it definitely lives up to the hype!

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
It's a great ride. You'll love it.

Narawen
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I went on it last Oct and loved it! Great ride all around. I'm not much of a coaster rider, don't go upside down or anything like that. It was easy enough for me to handle, but enough thrill to keep the braver folks happy. We went on it 3 times in a row since there wasn't much of a wait, 5 mins at the most. Like most rides, I think the longer you wait the less it seems worth it (I can't believe some people are waiting 90+ mins), but you need to check it out at least once. :mickey:

EvilQueen2006
06-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Before Everest I couldn't make up my mind as to whether RNRC or Mission: Space was my favorite. Now Its a 3-way toss up. :confused:

GrmGrninGost
06-19-2007, 10:50 PM
EE is the total package as far as thrill rides!:mickey:AWESOME!!!!

Polynesian Dweller
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Great ride! Yes, it lived up to our expectations from theming to ride elements. Its intense but not too much so and everyone we saw coming off the ride had that big grin of great ride on their faces. Can't wait to do it again. :coaster:

Mackflava99
06-20-2007, 01:26 AM
We actually went on it today- it was great- we went 3 times-
We went to the park early- no wait- then got a fastpass, went again and then a second fastpass from some people who decided not to go- I have 8 year old twin girls and they loved it
so did I
Fast, great views and great special effects

BritCody
06-20-2007, 06:43 AM
It is a great ride. I can't wait until our next trip to ride it again

SpecJoe Magic
06-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm a big fan of the ride. It's not the type of coaster that roller coaster enthusiasts will rank as one of the best because it doesn't have near as much intensity as they usually want to experience. As an overall experience, it excels on many levels including story and theming. I highly recommend it. I think you will only be disappointed with it if you have unrealistic expectations.

mainemajor
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I love everything about it:thumbsup: including the line waiting. when i used fast pass it was almost a shame because i did not get to enjoy all there was. On the bright side I did get to get on the ride much faster:number1:

A Foolish Mortal
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
(This is my opinion....)

This is the #1 must see ride at Disney. It's what Disney's all about. It's a thrilling family ride with a theme, a storyline, affects, and lots of Disney magic. Let's just say if right now I could leave the computer and go ride any ride in the world, it would be Everest. Don't miss it.

Jodi
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
If you are going to AK, you have to go on Exp. Everest. I had my doubts at first, but, it was REALLY fun. We went on as many times as we could before the line got too long. DD's, 11 and 14 loved it too !!! Go ahead, try it !! :thumbsup:

Natazu
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I think they did an excellent job on EE. I think it's one of the best in Florida. You don't get to go backwards in the dark at 50 mph (guessing) very often.

tltcats
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Obviously LOTS of people give EE a thumbs up and I'm definitely among them. There's a couple of aspects that haven't been mentioned. The big drop is banked AROUND the mountain which I love because you get the Thrill of the drop but I (personally) don't get the stomach-in-the-throat feeling on the drop and I think it's because of the gentle banking. I also LOVE the view from the top - you can see all 3 of the other parks and many other landmarks!

Another aspect is the pure engineering involved. I saw a info session about the ride on the Disney Magic during the Panama Canal cruise a couple of years ago and they told us about some of the things that Disney Imagineers had to INVENT to make the ride work. Then, before shortly before I got to ride it for the first time the Discovery Channel did a series of shows about modern marvels (I think - it's shown up under a variety of titles since then) that included a story on EE. I LOVE the behind the scenes stuff so I was thrilled to learn that the mechanism that rotates a length of track 360degrees in 6 seconds (while you're looking at the yeti tear up the track - classic Disney redirect!) that allows the train to change course and direction. Once you've ridden the ride a couple of times look for it - you can see it turning it's really cool! I'm just always impressed with the truly NEW creations the Imagineers design - it's one of the reasons I love the ride!

(Has anyone noticed that in the last couple of months the eagle (or whatever bird that is) hasn't been "flying" over the torn up track?)

GottaluvTiggr
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
ABSOLUTELY!
GREAT RIDE!:mickey:

MouseHouser
06-29-2007, 07:58 PM
It's great, espec Yeti. But it's one of the few rides that makes me queazy. Must be the going in reverse.

biodtl
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I love thrill rides and I thought it was a bit tame, but beyond that I think it's a great, fun, well-themed, very Disney-esque ride and will ride it again and again. It's a don't miss.

burnt orange
06-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I love EE and think it is one of the best rides at WDW. I just call it "the Yeti", although I have yet to see the Yeti because at that point I have my eyes closed and I'm screaming and laughing hysterically. I like the analogy to Big Thunder on steroids.

Just completed trip 26 since 1983.

MickeyMousse
06-29-2007, 08:54 PM
My 10 year old son and I LOVED IT! :coaster:
Now my 6 year old wants to go on it. I think it's one of the best thrill rides in WDW!:thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
:pixie:The best ride at Walt Disney World. my favorite!

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it is now OFFICIALLY my favorite coaster :coaster:

PAMOUSELOVER
07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Today? How are the crowds? We leave for WDW in 30 days!:thumbsup:

We actually went on it today- it was great- we went 3 times-
We went to the park early- no wait- then got a fastpass, went again and then a second fastpass from some people who decided not to go- I have 8 year old twin girls and they loved it
so did I
Fast, great views and great special effects

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
It's my daughter's favorite coaster.
My wife rode it once and has no interest in riding it again.
I like it, but RnRC is still my favorite.

jszczur5
07-28-2007, 12:22 AM
It's a great ride. The first time is the best - as with most things - because you don't know what to expect. The first time we went on it, we were a group of 5. My boys were a little scared, so the youngest one wanted to sit with Dad, and the oldest one picked big, strong Grandpa over skinny, wimpy Mom. So I ended up sitting by myself - in the front, no less. Well, I screamed both times I saw that Yeti. Everyone still makes fun of me!!

Maleficent's Dad
07-28-2007, 08:24 AM
It isn't a huge 'coaster like some of the big 'coasters at the theme parks that have nothing but 'coasters; but, as always, Disney gives you more than you bargained for with a story to tie the ride to the park instead of just a 'coaster sitting out in the middle of a field.
This says it best!
Although far from the most intense, thrilling roller coaster ever, it gives a lot more than loops, hills, & speed.
Sure there are some thrill aspects, but it's the attention to detail which is so very amazing.

Not to be critical, but I can't understand the post above about not following the storyline on this ride. It's pretty laid out for you with excruciating attention to even the smallest details! The queue will get you in the mood, the "trains" are pefect, the scenery is authentic, and the ride is smooth, exhilarating, fast, and fun! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
You should definitely ride EE! I loved it and so did everyone I traveled with on my last trip. To me it's more "thrilling" than Space Mountain but not as much as the Rockin Roller Coaster. RRC is my favorite roller coaster at WDW and EE is probably my second. I think the Yeti is not scary at all but the ride itself is lots of fun.

JohnnyJayhawk
07-28-2007, 08:26 PM
It is a fantastic ride.

SpecJoe Magic
07-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Expedition Everest had so much hype surrounding it before it opened that it was bound to fall short of the expectations of some people. I say that because I want you to have a realistic view of it before you ride it. It is a fantastic attraction, and it does what it does very well. That being said, it is esentially a roller coaster with a top-notch theme and story. It uses the tried and true formula of a roller coaster and makes the very best of it. Think of it as a bigger, better version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The coaster portion is fun, and everything that goes with it is what turns the fun into amazing. Give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed as long as you don't expect it to be a life-changing experience.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Gotta try it! This is the main reason we go to AK! Good Luck!

positive0negative
07-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Waiting in line for EE is one of the best parts! My advice to you is..the first time on the ride, ask to sit in the front! It's so much fun. I won't spoil the whole thing, but..it's got a great view. yay!

DisneyFanatic11
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
It was an awesome addition to AK. You have to go on it! I wasn't disappointed at all. It's something I really look forward to now when we go to WDW.

StitchplusTink=STINK
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
if you like roller coasters, and have been on some serious roller coasters, it might seem a little over exxagerated. if you think that space mountain is a little much, not for you. its like BTMR on extreme steroids. hope this helps!!!!