PDA

View Full Version : Pecos Bill's Never again

JPL
06-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Last night we decide to head over to Pecos Bills for some burgers and let me tell you this is the last time I will eat there. The cashier made 3 mistakes taking my order. It took forever to get a cheeseburger and fries. The place was only moderately crowded since it was past the dinner rush. The fries were ice cold. And to top it off my food was served on a dirty tray and when I said seomething they said on no it's not dirty. I waited so long I didn't make a fuss since my food wasn't near the dirty part of the tray but still it grossed me out while eating I took all the food off my tray and put it on napkins on the table :sick: The fixin bar wasn't very well stocked I was going for some pickles and the girl took the only bowl of pickles and said brb. I waited like 5 minutes and still no pickles. Then we were sitting down to eat and CM was putting out napkins and forks and praked his cart so it was practically hitting my friend in the back he asked the CM if he could move it 3 times and was ignored. It looks like it's Cosmic Rays from now on.

John
06-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Forever is a very long time - and the same people working cosmic rays could easily swap with those at pecos next week.

Jeff - try to look on the bright side of life man! You are in Disney. This kind of stuff happens everywhere. IMHO, it happens less in WDW. It doesn't make it excusable - but by the same token, don't let occasional bad service or cast members ruin the overall experience.

Seasonscraps
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Ugg, how frustrating. I can't believe they wouldn't swap out your tray for a clean one. I feel the same way about the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT - 30 minutes and 2 cold burgers later. I have no plans to go back there in the near future.

I hope you are enjoying other aspects of your trip! :mickey:

dizne4me
06-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I never eat my food directly from the tray--as soon as I sit down, I spread out a napkin as a makeshift placemat and put the tray in the return tray area...I'm a "germ phob" plus it makes more room on the table.

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
My dear Fig of Figgie,

Did anything good come out of your trip? It saddens me that I haven't heard anything but negative things about it. :(

We didn't eat at Peco's Bills when we were there, but the time before we did and had a wonderful meal. I'm sorry your experience wasn't as good. Maybe you should give Columbia Harbor House a try.

vamaggie
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. While I agree bad service/food problems can happen anywhere, it seems that you gave Pecos Bills more than "3 strikes" to get it right. I don't think I would have been as tolerant. Cold fries would have been sent back to be replaced, dirty tray as well. I would definately ask to talk to a lead or manager if a CM tried to tell me that my tray was not dirty or my fires were not cold. I understand that CMs (and everyone!) can have a bad/long day and we need to cut them some slack (lack of pickles for example) but things like food temp and dirty trays are health issues and I would definately not take them as "oh well at least I'm at WDW".

JPL
06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
My dear Fig of Figgie,

Did anything good come out of your trip? It saddens me that I haven't heard anything but negative things about it. :(

For the most part the trip was good just a few really glaring things like this that happened this time. And Unfortunately it was a short trip so these tend to stick out more with less time for the Magic to erase them.

I did have a wonderful meal at Flame Tree at AK :thumbsup:

And of course Boma was awesome as usual :eat: :tasty:

indytraveler
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad service. We always eat at Pecos Bills, Late night snack of burgers and fries. Fixin Bar is the reason why. So I can only imagine not having what you were looking for all day long. I hope this was the worst of your day. By my records you were at the MK and I wasn't. Still the CM's should have accomondated you better.

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, that really surprises me. I can't belive that happended at Peco's Bill. I've eaten there two years in a row and I plan on visiting there again. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Doug The Disney Man`
06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
And I'd love to tell you to give them another chance, but I know we'll never eat at the ABC Commissary again at MGM, so I don't wanna be a hypocrite LOL. We had similar probs with rude CMs, subpar food and generally a bad experience. Along with Electric Umbrella these are the worst places for such things to happen, because you only go to Pecos Bills, ABC Comm or Elec Umb for a quick bite and you expect quick courteous service. There isn't anything else drawing you to these locations. For instance, Pizza Planet could have similar probs and I'd still go back because of the Toy Story tie in and the arcade. Pinocchio's will always be a fave b/c of the movie tie in and the view of iasw. It just seems that these locations need to have the absolute best service and food and when they don't it is made all the more obvious by the other eateries with more going on.

DisneyDreams09
06-19-2007, 10:13 PM
We ate at Pecos Bills during the rush and the service was pretty good and I actually had the chickensalad wrap and it was delicious, everyone elses food was good too,
I am so sorry you had a bad experiance
But i think everyone else is right, everywhere has their good and bad moments, although I think that CM was asking for it.

Rachael the Newbie:mickey:

06/06 OKW (FIRST TIME)

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

pogo
06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Jeff........ sorry to hear about your bad experience at Pecos Bills, but I think JohnY is right. Some people will have bad days. :( Don't let it get you down.

I wish I could have been at WDW and had a bad experience instead of being in Rochester working. :yes: You know what I mean ? :D

DizneyRox
06-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Sounds like another example of the poor quality CMs that Disney seems to be hiring lately...

When you pay peanuts, you hire monkeys! I've noticed that the CS places seem to be training grounds for the new guys/gals.

d_m_n_n
06-20-2007, 08:15 AM
I wish I could have been at WDW and had a bad experience instead of being in Rochester working. :yes: You know what I mean ? :D

I read Jeff's post and the first thing I thought of was I wish I could be having a bad meal at Pecos Bill's right now...:blush:

Not2Loud
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
I enjoy both Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Rays. I am a burger kind of of guy, so both work for me.

I have had lackluster service at both, as well as any number of fast food places everywhere.

So, I can't blame DW completely. I typically just to take it all ins stride. However, if my tray was dirty and food cold, there would have been someone fixing those issues.

Glad you had a great trip!!

iceicebritney
06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm with jeff - i too have had bad experiences at Peco's Bills in MK.. and since then we haven't gone back. The last two times we ate there are food was cold as well, and the worst part was our fries were not cooked at all! they were more like cold mashed potatoes.. it was as if the temperture of the fryer or whatever wasn't warm enough to cook the frys. Also, our soda's had sat out the whole time we waited in line and the CMs behind the counter just handed out the flat and watered down sodas...
Had practically the same experience at mcdonalds in AK.. never go there again either.
I was very disapointed with both of these experiences because i always said that disney had gotten fast food right.. but i guess its with the exception of those two!