PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's PhilharMagic

Suz36
06-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Has anyone else's kids ever been freaked out by this show? Mine really were when we went last year. It has some of their favorite characters though, so I'd really like to try it again. Would having them not wear the 3D glasses help, or is there a certain area in the theatre where the effects would be less intense?
Thanks for the help!

Strmchsr
06-19-2007, 12:33 PM
The theater is intentionally designed so that no matter where you are you get pretty much the same experience. Not wearing the glasses would lessen the effect, but would also make the screen appear blurry and the colors would be distorted, so not a very good show for them. If you think they're ready, give it another go. If not, wait until they are.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-19-2007, 01:31 PM
We went in June and it was the first trip DS 3 1/2 was willing to wear the 3D glasses...and that was just the last day of the trip for the Muppets. All the times and shows before he's watched without the glasses. He enjoyed the shows just fine that way. I think, though, now that he realizes how much the glasses add to the show he will wear them all the time. But your kids can enjoy the show fine without the glasses. Yes, its a bit blurry but the intense effects aren't there.

tink'72
06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
When we wen last year my son (he was 2) freaked out. When we went back this past April he wouldn't even go in at all. This suprised me since he loves Donald. He also won't do the Muppet 4d at MGM either. He gets very nervous.

JCDarzi
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
My DD4 was pretty freaked out by the effects (especially the water sprays, wind with flying instruments and popping corks) the first time she saw it at 2 1/2 years old. We had to really talk her through it the next year and remind her of the effects coming up like "here comes the water spray..."

It is pretty blurry to watch without glasses but if the effects are too intense, that will certainly work. I noticed that some websites have a lot of pictures of rides including Mickey's Philharmagic. You might look at these pictures with your child and step through the movie. I think the element of surprise is the worst part of the effects.

Kairi_7378
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't have kids, but when I was in Mickey's Philharmagic in March, the child next to me got so scared that he jumped into my lap. I think he was about 4 or 5. I think the loud soundtrack is what scares a lot of the kids in the theater. Have your kids seen any movies on the big screen yet? That might be a good way to gauge whether or not the kids are ready.

Goes4FastPass
06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Yikes Philharmagic without glasses is 2 images - very yukky.

Shhh... here's a tip if you ever want to sneak a photo in a 3D movie
1. Turn OFFFFF the flash
2. put one side of the glasses in front of the lens.
Teh picture won't be 3D but it will be clear.