PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise and CBJ in bad shape

JPL
06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Just returning from m trip to the world and I have to say these 2 attractions I noticed these in extremely bad shape and in need of a major rehab. I know the Jungle cruise is scheduled for an update in the future but that is no reason to let fall apart before this happens.

On Jungle Cruise I noted chipped paint on the animals and actually on one of the Hippos a chunk missing near the open mouth. Some of the animals that used to move were not working especially the more subtle movements. The boats I was on could barely make it through the ride the Skipper apologized at least 4 times about his delivery since the boat was so slow his timing was off.

The CBJ was a mess the audio was breaking up from certain bears the movements weren't very fluid and the mouths seemed out of sync to the music. When Teddy Berra came down from the ceiling she was no longer white or tan but more like a battle ship gray from all the dirt on her fur. The spotlights that shine on the performing bears were dim and didn't light them up like the use too.

I have to say the only attraction I have seen in worse shape was the Mansion before it went down for it's long rehab. I hope this isn't the new WDW philosophy. Well we don't need to fix or clean that it goes down for rehab in 3 months so just let it go :mad:

battle beast
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I didn't think that the Jungle Cruise was THAT bad last October when I went on it, :unsure:, but it is schedualed for a refurb pretty soon.

chrisb26
06-19-2007, 12:04 PM
So that must have been why I could bearly understand what the bears were saying. It is a real shame also because it was my first time watching the show.

I do agree they should upkeep the ride until the rehab is done. If it is like me and first time scene and it is a bad experience people wont go see it again when the return. That isn't something Disney would want.

JPL
06-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I guess 8 months later there was alot of wear and tear on the attraction and AAs. I really think the reason I noticed it more was the slow boat that took almost twice as long to make it through the attraction. I didn't notice it earlier with a boat that actually worked. The scary part is both trips were at night and I noticed these things I can only imagine what I would have seen during the day :eyes:

Ian
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd have to agree with you about CBJ (haven't been on JRC in awhile).

We saw a show in May and after it was over DD said to us, "What were they saying?? I couldn't even understand them!"

The audio was a mess.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
We watched CBJ a few weeks ago (it is one of DS 3 1/2's favorites) and one of the 5 Bear Rugs arms was stuck in an outward position. We noticed the CM call it in when she noticed it and they fixed it before the finale. We didn't really notice anything else not working this time. Last time, either Buff, Melvin or Max wasn't working correctly (can't remember which it was) but they were fixed this time as well.

emmingo
06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I have always disliked CBJ. I'm not sure why. My entire family has had a hard time sitting through it, and every single time I go to WDW I try again to know what I am missing. It just seems so...dated...but not in the good way, like CoP or TTA, where you get the sense of Walt's original vision.

On the other hand, I would be sad to see the JC changed in any meaningful way. It needs cleanup pretty badly (a LOT of the animatronics don't work), and the storyline has been around so long that I think the guides have started being a little overly sarcastic about it, but it IS like CoP or TTA...its something that is just so definitively Disney.

mcjaco
06-19-2007, 02:16 PM
C'mon guys and gals. AA's break down, it's life. They run 12-6 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nothing mechanical is going to not have issues. Then you've got some of them immersed in water. You can't just go wading out there and make a quick fix. It'll all be taken care of in the rehab. As for the boat speed, isn't that controlled by the "captain?" The boats may run on a track but, they still run the engines.

As for CBJ, there's really no excuse. It's audio has been terrible for years. I have no idea what they're waiting for. They close it for months and it's still stinks. It's a shame, I love that show.

garymacd
06-19-2007, 02:32 PM
We were there in May and visited CBJ and didn't really see anything wrong, but you are right, she did look a little dirty. I was just glad that I could still hear, "There was blood on the saddle..."

thrillme
06-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not a real fan of CBJ I haven't seen it in YEARS but the Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites as my DS's also.

I thought the CM (tour guide) controlled the speed of the boat. A lot of the joy of the Jungle Cruise is in the CM's delivery. I didn't see it looking too bad back in July 06. It could use a little refurbishment but...a good "tour guide" can joke about breakdowns and flaws and keep everybody laughing.

JPL
06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
He had the boat full throtle and it was still barely moving. As soon as we got to the first turn he said if this is full throtle we are in trouble.

BrerSchultzy
06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Anybody remember the "Lester's Possum Park" scene in A Goofy Movie?

At the time, we thought Disney was poking fun at itself...not predicting the future.

It is sad about CBT and JC...I do remember thinking "How hard could it be to add speakers to the back of the theatre" last time we were in CBJ.

And yes, AAs break down and engines fail...but you don't expect to see complete neglect on attractions, like on CBJ.

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen CBJ in quite a while, but our last visit wasn't that impressive.

On the JC, our "skipper" did the speil like they are supposed to, but her delivery was far from inspiring. She had this "ho-hum" doldrum that just made you want to jump ship.

52 and 179 days!!

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 08:40 PM
last time i went to CBJ in Dec. 2005 i did notice that most of the AA needed some 'help' and the audio is pretty sad. I hope they fix it.:(

JPL
06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I actually had a great Skipper my first ride through his name was Ian. He called himself Right Guard Ian and he was possibly the best Jungle Cruise Skipper I have had outsid eof the ones at Disneyland. He was energetic and bordering on being insane. He was hanging out of the boat and seemed to be loving every minute of his job :mickey:

nqi2
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago and our skipper was a funny smarty pants. Until the end when we were waiting in line to get off. They had like 5 or 6 boats running. He started talking about how managment didn't like him and that he only had like 5 days left on this ****** job and he was done. SO yeah wasn't the best experience. I didn't notice to many things run however I was paying more attention to my 3 yr old daughter.