PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT: Upcoming Spaceship Earth changes

AssumedIdentity
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone know what is being done to Spaceship Earth on the 22nd and 23rd of June? We'll be in EPCOT on the 28th, but I'm curious if anything big will be changing during the two days they have it closed... Just more additions to the ride exit area, maybe? I can't imagine any big ride upgrades in just two days.

Strmchsr
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
From what I understand, the 6/22-23 closing is simply for prepwork and a few minor issues. The "main" work will be done beginning July 9 and last through the fall.

DisneyDiva20
06-19-2007, 01:30 PM
So I will be in Disney World at the end of September and beginning of October and I know Space Ship Earth will also be closed then , they will be doing major updates and cleaning so I will be sad that I cant go on it but it will give me something to look forward to the next time I go to Disney!!!:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
06-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know what changes, if any, they are making to the narration? It took me forever to get used to Jeremy Irons doing it rather than Walter Cronkite...but now I love hearing Jeremy's version. It will be missed if they do a whole new narration.