PDA

View Full Version : Closest MGM counter service to the Fantasmic area?

AssumedIdentity
06-19-2007, 10:33 AM
We've only ever done Fantasmic with a dining package, so I'm not sure if we can take food with us into the Fantasmic arena - can we? If not, I assume you can at least eat in the waiting line before they open the arena, correct? Thanks.

Goes4FastPass
06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I forget the name of it but there's a giant seating area right across the street from the Fantasmic entrance with several diffent CS "stands" offering different choices. This location also suits us well when addressing a group where everyone seems to want something different.

There are also more limited CS choices inside the Fantasmic seating area (Dogs, pretzels, icecream, nachos, drinks) but the line seems to go on forever.

Darbylew
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
There are three counter services in that area.
They are kind of together. There is Toluca
Legs Turkey Co., Rosie's All American Cafe -
which has chicken strips and burgers, then
there is Catalina Eddie's that has pizza,
caesar salad and deli sandwiches. It is all out
side seating at each one. Hope this is a help.
Been there, done that and going back in Nov.
2007...........:mickey::D

Figment!
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
See the Disney-MGM Studios (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/studios.asp) section of the INTERCOT Walt Disney World Dining Guide for descriptions of each Dining Location and a Dining Locations Guide Map. :chef:

Natazu
06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes, you can bring food into the Fantasmic! seating area. My favorite CS food near there is Starring Rolls but I don't think I'd want to try to eat one of their sandwiches without a table.

mickey-mouse35
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Yes, you can bring food into the Fantasmic! seating area. My favorite CS food near there is Starring Rolls but I don't think I'd want to try to eat one of their sandwiches without a table.

Actually this is what we were planning to do after several people suggested the sandwiches. Would you not bring them in because they're too big and messy? If so, any other suggestions? We're not doing the dining package either this year and wanted to bring in something but don't really want nachos or snack food--sandwich, salad or something. THANKS! :D

Natazu
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Actually this is what we were planning to do after several people suggested the sandwiches. Would you not bring them in because they're too big and messy? If so, any other suggestions? We're not doing the dining package either this year and wanted to bring in something but don't really want nachos or snack food--sandwich, salad or something. THANKS! :D
They are messy. It can be managed but it would be difficult. Truth is though, if it came down to fighting with SR's sandwiches or having a hot dog and fries, I'll take the sandwiches.

AssumedIdentity
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
They are messy. It can be managed but it would be difficult. Truth is though, if it came down to fighting with SR's sandwiches or having a hot dog and fries, I'll take the sandwiches.

Amen. Can't stand hot dogs.

Thanks for the help. We've never been that far down the side street of MGM - we don't ride TOT and always do priority seating/dining for Fantasmic and come in the side entrance, so the Beauty and the Beast show is the farthest we've gone down that street - not far enough to know any good food locations or how the normal entrance to Fantasmic works.:)

snifflesmcg
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Also, they sell snacks in the seating area. I remember getting frozen lemonade.

MsMin
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
The most horrible burgers we had came from that location so pick wisely. They were all so dry and no toppings. We regretted wasting our time there before Fantasmic in Dec 05. I'd op for mess over dry and tasteless.

nicole48040
06-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Plan ahead, put a few chinete plates in your bag to eat your messy sandwiches off. A nice thick plate goes a long ways when trying to eat dinner off your lap:blush:

nicole48040
06-24-2007, 11:49 PM
And don't forget the wet wash cloth in a ziploc too!! When greasy mayo gets on your fingers, no amount of licking them will do!