PDA

View Full Version : How's the new bus audio?

ariel03
06-18-2007, 09:07 PM
So for those that have been to the world recently how is the new bus speils and music?
Do you like it or was it better with out it. What is good and bad about it?

SgtTigger
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
It was not bad........... On the way to Wilderness Lodge they play Wilderness Lodge type music..... Now that is ok but you do hear the same thing every time from Magic Kingdom I am not sure about the other parks.......

I do miss the driver talking because they did give some good info and some were even fun to ride with.... Singing and other things....

:cop: :tigger:

dreaming of wdw
06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Just got back last night from a wonderful trip! :cloud9: I think the new bus audio is a great addition. The park music really gets you in the spirit and they offer some tips and attraction information as well. It was not on all the buses though (probably on a little more than half of the buses I rode on). On the way home from the parks they play resort themed music. I stayed at ASMu and they played stuff like Garth Brooks, Aerosmith and that song from Rent (you know the one about 525 600 minutes) which my BF knew all the words to by the end of the trip and would sing in a high pitched voice just to embarass me :blush:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I just got back recently, and wasn't wild about it....Kind of miss the driver talking, and found the music a little loud on some of the buses. Part of the bus "scene" is wondering what kind of driver you'll get, and some of them really were friendly and fun. Passed the time quickly and made us all bond a little as we struggled to not fall on anybody...:crowd:

DisneyFreak23
06-18-2007, 09:53 PM
That sounds cool. Ill have to pay attention when i get on the bus.:mickey::cool::):thumbsup:

:stitch:

WDWfanatic742
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
When we were going to TTC to get a bus to DTD from AK (which you can't do so we had to walk to the Polynesian), they didn't play anything and the scrolling LED sign only displayed the time and day. From Polynesian to DTD, it gives information about DTD which if you were a first timer there it would be really good. Problem was that it wasn't as loud as it should be to actually hear it.

January-2007
06-19-2007, 04:38 PM
For the most part we liked it. We've only had one or two bus drivers ever talk on the bus giving the cool information like you all talk about, so it's not like we missed that since we never really had it to begin with. The Yacht and Beach Club music was really peaceful, there were even seagulls in the background, we had to laugh at that. We took a bus to the Port Orleans Riverside resort one night to check it out before boarding a bus to MGM from Downtown Disney and that music was awesome! Bangoes playing, good stuff. Some of the hotel guests seemes a little less than pleased with it, but I liked it. I guess our resort music was really easy going so it didn't take over? Well, all the stuff we heard playing on the busses, at leat 85% was good stuff. On the way to Pleasure Island I think maybe there was a song we didn't like or something, I can't really recall now. I think I would die if that "Rent" song was playing on the bus though. Has anyone taken these busses to Pop Century? What do they play?

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
We liked it. I guess, as others have stated, I have never had a bus driver that was interactive. When a few of them have given info, they were such heavy accented that I had a difficult time understanding them. I am a lipreader, even though I have excellent hearing. So this was a difficult thing for me.

KAJUNKING
06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
i like the idea of having music on the buses but i wish the driver could interupt the music if he has some good info or a joke, i really liked the interaction with the drivers

CaptSmee
06-19-2007, 07:49 PM
All the buses at Coronado Springs had the new audio. I thought it was neat. They played music from the parks on the way to the parks with a pre-recorded spiel and on the way back it had like a spanish/flamenco type music playing you welcoming you back to your resort.

May524
06-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I LOVED this! The music from OKW was very tropical and beachy, really fun! I loved how the trips were personalized to your location.

thejens
06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
How funny, I don't think I ever heard it! Maybe I was too exhausted??? We stayed at BCR. One of our boat captains on the ride from BC to MGM was very chatty and told lots of silly jokes which was kind of fun.

DNS
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I feel very silly, but I had no idea this was going on and we were just there last month. When did this start? It sounds very cool to me. We're going back in the fall and this gives me something else to look forward to about our trip!

JPL
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
DNS it started a few weeks ago:thumbsup:

I like the spiel part of the Audio but depending on the driver the music was either way too loud with people trying to scream over it just to talk to each other or you could barely hear it at all.

The spiels gave nice little pieces of Information about the parks and I really enjoyed the fanfare welcome to the parks. The welcome home on the way back to your resort was also a nice touch. It made me feel like I was still at WDW not on a bus communting to work. It almost had a monorail feel to it:thumbsup:

DNS
06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow, sounds very cool to me. I can't wait to hear it.
Thanks

TexasPrincessAurora
06-20-2007, 08:36 PM
We really enjoyed it...the music kind of set the mood prior to getting to the parks. And it was much easier to know which stop you were at and when, especially on a very crowded bus late at night. Definitely a good change...those entertaining and interactive bus drivers are not near as plentiful as they used to be!

Speedy1998
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
that song from Rent (you know the one about 525 600 minutes) :

That would be Seasons of Love

We Stayed at POP. DW wanted to know if they were selling the bus soundtrack.

Followthatmouse
06-20-2007, 10:22 PM
We had a wonderful bus driver during a visit two years ago.

We were heading home to the CR from MGM after dark. There was a handful of people remaining and the driver asked if we would mind a little detour. She took us along a back road so we would not miss the latest additions to the wildlife in the area. Near a particularly wooded area, we slowed to a stop and our driver told us to look out to the left and to be very quiet. Lo and behold, we saw a very tiny fawn with its mother.

Now, that's a Disney moment of the old school.
:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
We have not been since last year so, we will hear the new stuff in September.

I just had to mention a driver we had last year from Epcot back to Pop. I can't remember his name but he literally had everyone on the bus laughing hysterically, most had tears in their eyes. He told jokes, interacted with the passengers, had different voices and accents and did the most amazing sound effects. Epcot is our favorite park and I have to say that the driver was more fun then our day at the park. That was the first time we had a driver like that in all of the years we have been there. No one wanted to get off the bus when he parked. He finally "made" us get off by telling us that anyone that stayed on the bus had to leave their children to clean all of the WDW buses...with a toothbrush!! :D He gave us the exact number of buses, I can't remember how many now but my 9 year old thought he was serious and looked at me and said "There is no way I can clean all of those buses with a toothbrush, Mom!!". He then joked that he knew we wanted to take him up on the offer but we might feel a little guilty in the morning. We all got off of the bus while giving him a round of applause.

I really wanted to write a letter about him but, I never did. :blush: He was a nice surprise at the end of a long day.

I would miss the interaction if they were all like that.

JPL
06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
The bus drivers can still interact with guests sinc ethe spiels are short enough and driver controlled. I had one that did some interaction and played the spiel he just lowered the music when he interacted:thumbsup:

Jared
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Most bus drivers did not interact with the guests before the recorded audio, so I have no problem with the addition.

I experienced the new spiel in May on a ride from Epcot to the Disney-MGM Studios. I barely paid attention, and most people talked right through the information.

I understand why recorded audio could be helpful. Since I didn't find it necessary or distracting, I am ambivalent.