PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart to Wilderness Lodge

tarzan_rocks
06-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Is it possible for one to drive a golf cart on the recreation path that connects Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge? I've heard of people biking to WL from FW and vice versa, but not a cart. Can it be done? Have you done it?

tr

Pooh4Grumpy
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
You are not allowed to take a golf cart on the recreation path between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

slegrant
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
You used to be able to drive the carts down the Wilderness trail, but now it is for walking and biking only. It's a fun walk, very pretty.

tarzan_rocks
06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Is there any other way to take the golf cart to Wilderness Lodge?

tr

ibrowse17
06-18-2007, 11:05 PM
That would pretty much be a no. Cart trails are clearly marked, and the path to the WL is not one of them.

sly1
06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
The golf carts are not allowed to be driven outside of fort wilderness.

CU Tiger
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I wish DW would provide an area on the path, just outside of Wilderness Lodge, to park you golf cart and allow you to drive there. I understand not allowing the carts on the main roads, but this is a very infrequently traveled road and would not be dangerous. We like riding our bikes there, but my mother is unable to do this. To get her there, we have to take the boat instead. :mickey:

SgtTigger
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I can tell you one way is to take a cart to the rear bus stop close to Hoop Dee Do and hop a bus that goes straight to Wilderness Lodge and right back to Fort Wilderness.... That is how we get back and forth from the lodge......

:cop: :tigger:

tungpo1
06-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Ive taken my carts there many times, I go very slow and ride the grass edge because lots of people walking and riding bikes. I didnt know that your not allowed until a worker stopped me, but he said I can go ahead just drive slow.