PDA

View Full Version : how about you

dopeydude
06-18-2007, 07:45 PM
What is the first thing that you enjoy doing when you get to wdw. My family always goes to the MK first and sprint to Space Mountain so we can be the first ride of the day.

pook@wdw
06-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Walk into the lobby @ the WL, and stand just inside the doors. Imagine I'm entering another world. Take in the wonderful sights, smells, & sounds of my home-away-from-home. Check our luggage, and head to MK!!:thumbsup:

psychotekkie
06-18-2007, 08:07 PM
MK. Watch the kids get excited and ask them what THEY want to do first.

Natazu
06-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Casey's Hot Dog
However, this tradition is slowly giving way to RnRc.

mttafire
06-18-2007, 08:44 PM
The past few trips we have been arriving @ 7pm or so. We enjoy driving to the C.R. park our car hop on the monorail and ride to the poly and also through epcot. M.K. is always the first park we do.(first full day):mickey: We stay at POFQ or a Value of late. Sadly, no monorail there...:blush:

Marilyn Michetti
06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
We circle Epcot on the monorail, and board Spaceship Earth. Our week has always begun that way, except for the first trip in 1984. That time, it was World of Motion.:mickey:

Mickey91
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
If we drive in, we take the Ferry over and then try get on one of the Main Street Vehicles to the castle. From there we go to Fantasyland and ride Small World.:mickey:

disneydeb
06-19-2007, 09:11 AM
We usually drive in so we check into our resort then head out for a nice dinner and shopping at Downtown Disney, or the Poly and a walk on the beach viewing the boat parade, then off to sleep to get up early for the Epcot. This year we willl probably go to the AK first full day!

disneycouple2004
06-19-2007, 09:23 AM
We change it up each year..depends on the time we arrive, seems like the past few trips we have just relaxed and had a nice meal and then start our park hopping the next morning..:thumbsup:

darthmacho
06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
This is the way I like to do things:
First Day: Explore the home resort.
First Park: MK
First Land: Tomorrowland (via a walk down Main St. of course!)
First Ride: Space Mountain
First Breakfast: Crystal Palace

slegrant
06-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Checking in to Fort Wilderness, then going into the Settlement Trading Post. After that we head over on a boat to the Contemporary to shop and ride the monorail. First park varies, this trip will be MGM studios for Star Wars weekend( my 5 year old loves star wars). Will be there friday can't wait.:mickey2:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I step into my room and scream with excitement, "I'm in Walt Disney World!!!!" Then colapse on my bed for a nap because I have driven 14 hours to get there.

DNS
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
As soon as we get settled in, we go to MK and right to Pirates ride.

grumpycajun
06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
We plan our drive so we get there early in the morning. After checking in to the resort we hop on the bus to Epcot and make a bee-line for Spaceship Earth. 12 more days!!!:D

DopeyDad
06-19-2007, 02:13 PM
The first thing I like to do is head to Epcot and make my way to Germany for an ice cold :beer: Then I slip into the Biergarten to listen to the band play. Only 25 more days.

Dedivah
06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
It all depends on the time we get in.

Last time we had delayed flights and didn't get in until after 8pm so we had dinner at the Food Court then went to bed. The next day we were at MK bright and early.

This time we have an early arrival anf if all goes well, we plan to head to AK and do EE. DH didn't get a chance to ride last year.

tinkerbell615
06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
We are hoping to arrive around 1:00. We are planning to go to the resort to check in and get our "key to the world". Then we are heading to MK for a while and spending the evening at DD and DisneyQuest. At least that is the game plan right now, but we never really know until we arrive!

TheMartellFamily
06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
We settle in and unpack for our trip. We will go to DTD to eat or ride around on the Monorail the MK loop and the EPCOT loop. Our first full day we will go to Chef Mickey's and have our breakfast and then head to the MK. This first day at the parks is what we do for our tradtion since my DS first trip.

KAJUNKING
06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
The first thing I like to do is head to Epcot and make my way to Germany for an ice cold :beer: Then I slip into the Biergarten to listen to the band play. Only 25 more days.

:welcome: to intercot

we always go to mk as soon as we check in, then we either go on tta or cop

Jared
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM
We always arrive late at night, so the first thing we do is sleep. ;)

On the first day, we go to the Magic Kingdom and ride Peter Pan's Flight first.

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 05:36 PM
First order of buisness:get to AK and ride EE
Second: Go to EPCOT and eat at Coral Reef
Third: Go back to POR and sleep then get up and race to MK and head to adventureland, try to get on Splash Mountain ASAP but will likely get distracted by other attractions:D

jenperich
06-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I usually go right to the MK, but this year we're flying into Orlando at 7, so we won't be able to do that. But, I think we're going to take the boat over to DTD and walk around there.

loonieroonie
06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Every year that I've gone to WDW was with my brother. We immediately headed towards space mountain.
Last year I was with DH and DS (18 months at the time). We went straight to fantasy land and spent a good part of the day there, then Mickey's toon town. This year will probably be the same but at an even slower pace, we'll have another DS (who will be 18 months when we go) and DS3. Can't wait!

LoriMistress
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Last time we arrived late so we ate at our resort and went to DTD to window shop. But this time, we'll be arrive earlier so we'll relax at the resort, going to DTD to watch Cirque du Soleil and eat at The DIning Room at Wolfgang Puck's.

beksy
06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
This is our first time staying in the world so I imagine the first thing we will do is explore the resort and then ride the monorail around (I love that thing!):secret: Our first full day we will follow tradition--head to the MK bright and early and straight for IASW, followed by Peter Pan! :cloud9:

wilshade
06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I like to ride the monorail, both the MK loop and the Epcot loop. It is my way of immersing myself into the magic of the World.

I follow up the monorail with a nice boat ride from the MK to Wilderness Lodge and have a nice meal at Artist Point.

DizNee143
06-20-2007, 11:31 AM
we check-in..go to the room..relax a little..walk around the resort...and then usually head to downtown disney...we have changed it up a few times..but thats the usual!! :mickey:

Sir Notlob
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
The first thing I do is to walk up to the first CM I see and kiss them on the mouth.

kaerbear178
06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Last time we just stayed at the resort and looked around. This time we get at at 6:00am! So I think we are going to head to AK. I think we'll try something different every year. Why not?

AdventurerKim
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
For all trips, the first thing is driving from the airport and crossing through the arch onto property and out of "the real world". First park depends on the day of the week we arrive; Saturday is usually Epcot or MGM; Sunday is always MK. :mickey:

TuscanRaider
06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
For me, I like seeing the entrance gates to WDW and then taking a tram ride (usually if we are at MK).
What we probably do first nowadays some of us go to Space Mt. and get fastpasses. Then we might get in line for Space Mt. :coaster:

browneyedgirl12
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
We circle Epcot on the monorail, and board Spaceship Earth. Our week has always begun that way, except for the first trip in 1984. That time, it was World of Motion.:mickey:

:ditto: We do the same thing

Narawen
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
We usually drive from notherm florida or southern georgia on the day we arrive, so we don't visit parks. We usually tour a few hotels and dine at Boma or ESPN cafe. We ride the monorail a few circles and go to the Poly or GF to view wishes. We try to go to the MK the next day, but we go to parks on their EMH days so sometimes we go to another EMH park.

BritCody
06-22-2007, 06:19 AM
We go to the MK and the first thing we do is get fast passes to Splash Mountain and then we ride Big Thunder Mountain

KAT1811
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM

:welcome: To Intercott. I think you're going to like it here! :welcome:

The first thing I do is to walk up to the first CM I see and kiss them on the mouth.

:goof: That must get quite the reaction!!!

For us, as we usually arrive early afternoon :joy:, we check into the hotel, get settled into our rooms, change, and then take the first bus to the Magic Kingdom :bus:, hop on the monerail, ride it around a couple of times (preferably in the front car) and then stop at the GF for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Oh, and we make a quick stop in the gift shop :shop: (either at CS or GF) for an auotgraph book and a pen for DDs!

After all that this year we are disappointed :sadwave: that 1900 will be down for refurb so we are heading to Whispering Canyons for dinner depending on how much time we have before our dinner reservations we may have time for our ritual monerail ride and then take the boat over to the WL. Next year it's back to 1900!!!

BigG007
06-22-2007, 11:15 AM
The first thing I always do when entering the Magic Kingdom is to head for the Jungle Cruise to calm my excitement down. :elephant:

If that doesn’t work I would hope that Pirates of the Caribbean would do the trick. :pirate:

TinkInTraining
06-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, what a great question!

Well, we drive into FW and hook up the camper. Then we quicky get the bikes etc all set and outside.

Hop on the ferry and head over to MK. There we vow to not do any rides, just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. We see what's new or different and just enjoy ourselves for a while...chocoloate covered strawberry's, cookies...whatever.

If we're there real early we may do a few rides but nothing crazy...