PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rica???

r4kids
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM
We have decided to take a 1 year break from Disney in 2008 and try something new. We have decided on Costa Rica's beaches. I have a million questions but I will start with just a few:
1) Is it safe for families to travel here?
2) Where is the best beach?
3) What is the food like?
4) When is the best time to go?
5) Your overall opinion?

Thanks for all your help!!!

rfeliuba
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi! I'm actually from Costa Rica, so I'll be happy to help you out.

1) Is it safe for families to travel here?
Yes it's safe, though obviously it all depends on where you go.

2) Where is the best beach?
Any of the beaches in Guanacaste (a province) are not only safer than say Jaco Beach, but they are also more beautiful. Usually international guests will come to the main airport (called Juan Santamaria) and then take a smaller plane to Guanacaste as opposed to a 4+ hour drive.

Jaco on the other hand, is a bit dangerous, but it's less than a 2 hour drive.

3) What is the food like?
Local food is somewhat similar to Mexico as we have a lot of tortillas, lots of meat platters, chiken, etc. Pretty standard stuff, but there's also lots of fruits but if you still want to do american food, most restaurants have burgers or pizza.

4) When is the best time to go?
That's probably the hardest answer, as it does rain a lot. March-May is the best time, though it's the most crowded. A lot of ppl come down to do rafting. Anytime between December and May are your best bet, but be prepared to pay more than if you come down during the rainy season between April and November.

Temperature around the year doesn't vary much, usually between 25 to 32 at the beach.

5) Your overall opinion?
It's really a great vacation spot, specially if you're more the adventurist type and willing to go to volcanos, rafting, sailing, going to the national parks, etc.

If you do decide to come down, send me a message and I'll be happy to help you out.