PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

katzctkpt
06-18-2007, 06:53 PM
We've never been to Whispering C, and in several day's we will be there.....what's good / bad on the menu??? Plus, what's the most outlandish / embarrassing thing we can "set" up our kids with????

Mousehead35
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Ask for ketchup... :D

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Tell them how thirsty your kids are...
Have your kids ask for the free bubble gum...
Have kids ask for best rides at Universal Studios...
Have your kids wear a US or IOA tee-shirt
Inform them that one of the kids is celebrating a b-day

The ketchup is the best one and most widely known about ;)

pox24
06-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Try the skillet.... :thumbsup:

moe513
06-19-2007, 08:15 AM
I had a pasta dish that was good and my family had the skillet. The whole thing was just okay. We havent went back.

mook3y
06-19-2007, 08:29 AM
a second vote for the skillet. Was very good!

CKMom
06-19-2007, 08:37 AM
we were there in May. We all had the Skillet which was very good.
Our server was not in the mood for fun, and rather seemed put off, throwing straws and napkins our way, then leaving for a long time.
My 4 yr.DD asked for a drink, and she brought it in a shot glass size mug, then never offered to refill it, which ticked off the 4 yr. old.
They had the pony races, and announced several birthday/anniversaries while we were there.
All in all ok food, but lousy, s-l-o-w- service, and we probably wouldn't go back.

CU Tiger
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
The dad next to us did not have a clean plate when he was finished eating, so the mom told the CM. The CM wrapped a napkin around his neck :eat:, announced the situation to the entire room, and proceeded to pick up a fork-full of food and did the “choo-choo into the tunnel” while feeding him. It was so funny :funny::rotfl:!! :mickey:

DawsonAR
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
We have eaten here a few times. The Skillet was good. Each time we have had terrible service. (Each time the same server) I don't think we will go back. The service was poor and slow.

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
We've been twice and enjoyed everything both times. A server once told my DH that she was tired and wanted to know if he wanted her job. So she had him stand up, put on her apron and bring some ketchup to another table and ask if they needed anything. My DH had fun with it, and on the plus side it really seemed to embaress my DD, neices, and nephew. :blush:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I vote for the Skillett too. It's delicious.

Ask for ketchup....
If you tell them it's your child's birthday, beware, we did this is May and I had to gallop around the restaurant on a pony singing happy birthday at the top of my lungs. Too funny....if you are a wall flower, this isn't for you.

The throwing of the napkins and straws are all part of the fun.

#1disneyfan
06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
We ate there last June and we weren't terribly impressed with the service either. Our waiter was not into the known theme of the restaurant. Also we were seated in the back part of the restaurant which cut us out of whatever was going on in the main dining area. Our DD had to keep kneeling on the bench to see what was going on. She was very disappointed. I ordered the steak and my DH had the chicken and pasta which was very spicy. Our DD had plain pasta with butter. Word of advice, order the butter on the side, it was drenched in it! Made her belly hurt the rest of the night.

I would definately try again even though the first trip was less than perfect. But I would definately ask to be seated in the main dining area and order the skillet. That looked really yummy!

Have a great time!