PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Food or Restaurant

DisneyDreams09
06-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey All

Just curious, what is everybodies favorite thing or place to eat anywhere at WDW,
We were there for a week last summer, first trip and I know we didn't even scratch the surface of the place and kinds of foods.
Any opinion would be appriciated!

Rachael:mickey:

06/06-OKW (First TRIP!)

10/09-?

Goofy Pluto
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe and ice cream at Ghiradelli's.

MMouse6937
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
The carmel apples anywhere in the World and I think for favorite sit down it has to be Ohanas!!

Natazu
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
appetizer - California Grill, sonoma goat cheese ravioli
entree - California Grill, Oak Filet
dessert - Coral Reef, The Chocolate Wave

goofiecrazy
06-18-2007, 05:43 PM
The carrot cake from the Boardwalk bakery.I like to call it the carrot log the piece is so big for like 5 bucks..

Vinny
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
My favorites are:

Appetizers - ESPN Club (wings)
Entree - (tie) Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier (grilled salmon & steak)
Buffet - Ohana
Dessert - Ghiradelli's at DTD (ice cream)

Narawen
06-18-2007, 07:45 PM
The salmon and creamy polenta at Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM, and the zebra domes at Boma in the AKL. :tasty:

Also, the wings at ESPN cafe (Boardwalk) are among the best I've had.

dixielandings
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Cali Grill - filet, ravioli
'Ohana - breakfast
50's Prime Time - overall favorite

I also love Liberty Tree Tavern

DawsonAR
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Love Buffalo at Artist Pointe and Love Cobb Salad at Brown Derby. :thumbsup:

beksy
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Two words: Dole Whips! :cloud9:
Although, I am a chocaholic so after reading some of the posts I think that my list will probably grow to include the cookie sandwiches at MK and the make-your-own Oreo's at Goofy's :cloud9:

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Let's see here. A few places come to mind.

Appetizer has to be Raglan Road's drunken chicken. They serve it with this sauce that I couldn't get enough of.

Best Dinner was Capt n Jack's. I have one word to say.........lobster

Overall I liked 50's Diner and Coral Reef. One was fun (and yummy) and the other was beautiful (yummy as well)

Which brings me to dessert......Mama Melrose Ricotta Cheesecake was awsome. I didn't even order this, my BF did and I ate his while I handed him whatever I was eating.

jedi jen
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Last year was my first time on the DDP, and it was all great. Loved the mahi mahi at Coral Reef, anything at Cali Grill, the mahi mahi at Kona's (I love seafood), the chocolate wave at Coral Reef, and ate way too much at Boma's, so it must have been pretty good too. :blush:

P.S. This is my first post. I have been enjoying Intercot for a while, and could not resist joining.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I have to say the filet at LeCellier's. So tender, juicy and flavorful.

Anything CHOCOLATE at Ghirardelli's!!

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Everything from appetizers to dessert of dinner at 'Ohana's.:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Favorite restaurant is O''hanas
Favorite snack is soft pretzles and school bread in Norway.
Favorite meal is the steak at LeCellier
Favorite drink is from the Margarita stand

Natazu
06-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Last year was my first time on the DDP, and it was all great. Loved the mahi mahi at Coral Reef, anything at Cali Grill, the mahi mahi at Kona's (I love seafood), the chocolate wave at Coral Reef, and ate way too much at Boma's, so it must have been pretty good too. :blush:

P.S. This is my first post. I have been enjoying Intercot for a while, and could not resist joining.:mickey:
Welcome!

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 05:15 PM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome to Intercot!! Soon you'll be as addicted as us.

grumpycajun
06-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Signature dining - The Yachtsman's Steakhouse for the filet mignon :cloud9: We've been the last two years. We're going to try Artitst Point instead this year. We hear it's great.

Table service - The mussels "chowder style" appetizer at Le Cellier is delicious. That and the great bread selection could be a meal in itself.

Counter service - The BBQ ribs at Flame Tree BBQ are great. The baked beans side dish is good, too.

Snack - Dole Whip or Dole Whip float!

mickey-mouse35
06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Favorite snack: Dole Whip (for me); Chocolate Chip Cookie from Main Street Bakery (for DH)

Favorite breakfast: Tonga Toast at Kona with Kona Coffee

Favorite appetizer: potstickers from Kona Cafe

Favorite atmosphere: Cali Grill

Favorite pizza: Wolfgang Pucks

Favorite dessert: Ghiradellis at DD

Favorite counterservice: Flametree BBQ at AK

Favorite lunch: Whispering Canyon at WL

Favorite WS restaurant: probably Japan--didn't like Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Morocco or Norway--guess I'm tough to please!

jedi jen
06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Dole Whip emergency.

I have never had a Dole Whip and am going to WDW again in July. I know that it has been said many times (I am a little slow), but where in MK (at least I think I know which park) do I get a Dole Whip?!:muscles::muscles:

jedi jen
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
DS and DD want to chime in.

DS(9) says anything at Goofy's candy shop but definitely Goofy's sour straws.

DD(5) says the create your own cupcake at Garden Grill.

Both say itzakadoozie popsicle.

Here are some of their favorite Smilies:

:lei::darth::yoda::trooper::muscles::swing::trio:: angel::bolt:

DisneyDreams09
06-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Like I said, I have only experianced the ferocious magic that is WDW, but someone clue me in
WHAT IS A DOLE WHIP?

I consistantly hear about them and I assume they must be well a must, so what are they and where in the WDW can I get them?

Thanks!

Rachael the Newbie:mickey:

06/06 OKW FIRST TIME

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm ashamed to say I've never had a Dole Whip. I've been to WDW six time......no Dole Whip (I don't think). This trip, I'm getting one!

mickey-mouse35
06-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Adventureland

Aloha Isle
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 11:00 am -Varies with Park Close
Type: Quick Bite
Price Range: Items under $5
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Cool Snacks
Description: Aloha Isle is the home to the popular Dole Whip soft serve treat. The Dole Whip comes in pineapple, vanilla, chocolate or swirl. Also for pineapple lovers this Tiki bar offers whole pineapple spears and a signature Pineapple Float.
:mickey:

beksy
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Adventureland

Aloha Isle
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 11:00 am -Varies with Park Close
Type: Quick Bite
Price Range: Items under $5
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Cool Snacks
Description: Aloha Isle is the home to the popular Dole Whip soft serve treat. The Dole Whip comes in pineapple, vanilla, chocolate or swirl. Also for pineapple lovers this Tiki bar offers whole pineapple spears and a signature Pineapple Float.

The first-timers might want to give the float a shot, too. Its my favorite! :cloud9: My parents like just the regular pineapple and vanilla dole whips but I love pineapple juice and prefer the float--okay now I'm hungry and can't get one till October! :drama:

wilshade
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
The Berry Cobbler at Artist Point!

The Pot Roast at Prime Time Cafe`

Zebra Domes at Boma

Tink-N-Me
06-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Anything at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM. The atmosphere and CMs there make it a great experience.

DrumTastik
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like you are going again in October of '09. If so, you are there during my favorite time of year, the Food & Wine festival hosted at Epcot. Included with your park admission, you can tour the World Showcase while dining on regional specialties at each country's food booth. There are complimentary wine/beer/spirits seminars, as well as guest chef showcases. It's a blast for foodies and those who are just plain hungry and want to try something other than a hamburger (not that there's anything wrong with hamburgers :mickey:).

DisneyDreams09
06-26-2007, 07:57 PM
I forgot to thank everyone on my last post for all their suggestions, I think most everyone said something about Ohanas, gonna give that a whirl, and definately the dole whip * :papple::marg:
Another question: does anyone else like the
Chicken pot pie at the Prime Time in MGM?

Thanks, have a magical evening everyone!