PDA

View Full Version : Time question about parking

Sweetpea29488
06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of how long it will take us park and get to the DL gate? (from start to finish) This will be in July.

NotaGeek
06-18-2007, 04:33 PM
If you park in the Mickey and Friends parking lot (which is HUGE) it's about 5 minutes by tram from the structure to Downtown Disney and then about a 3 minute walk to either Disneyland or DCA. Depending on lines on either end I would say 15-20 minutes is a good estimate. :car:

BrerGnat
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I would agree with Notageek.

With one exception. If you arrive at OPENING time (or within 30 min before or after), count on a good solid 30 minutes from the time you SEE the parking structure. The lines of cars can be VERY VERY long! It may take you 10-15 min just to get to the parking lot booth, then you have to follow the slow long line of cars into your parking space (it's not a free for all, it's all very coordinated), then you will have to battle the lines at the tram. If you see a sea of people as you descend down the escalator to the tram area, bypass the tram and walk. It's 1/2 mile from there to the front gate of DL. You can do that in under 10 minutes easy. Then, you will still have to wait at the bag check, and THEN wait at the gate to get in.

You are going in high summer. Expect it to take awhile. You can reduce the time you spend by arriving AT the parking structure 1-1.5 hours BEFORE the gate opens that day.