PDA

View Full Version : OKW view and waiting list question

spectroaddy
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Hello, disney fans, have a question my family and I have reservation for the OKW-1 bedroom aug. 5-12, does OKW has DVD players?? which building is the best to request for seeing fireworks, elevator, and not a too far walk for bus stop??? Also, we are bring my grandmother (88 years), first visit to WDW, big factor in plans!!!

Thank you,

What are my chances of getting in to BCV or BWV, been on waiting list since for last weeks???

dlpmikki
06-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Lets see:
- OKW one beds do have DVD players
- only the buildings in the 60s have elevators (62-64 I believe)
- Fireworks all depends on where in the building the room is as they can face several directions in the same buildings. In a good spot you may see Epcot or MK fireworks partially.
- I think all romms are not that far from a bus stop but some are closer than others and with your grandmother it will be worth checking the map when they suggest a room.

OKW is very pretty - took my inlaws when they were in their 80s and they loved it!

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
does OKW has DVD players??
1BR and larger have them already. Studios may or may not have them - depending on your luck here, you may have one. But it's not guaranteed.

which building is the best to request for seeing fireworks, elevator, and not a too far walk for bus stop??? Also, we are bring my grandmother (88 years),
Whew - tough one. I can't honestly say I've seen fireworks from OKW, although I've heard them! ;)
As for elevators, the newest as listed by dlpmikki above have them - you may want to request a ground floor room, otherwise.
For bus stop convenience:
Buildings 19 and 26 are tops. However, for overall conveninence to the main pool/restaurant area, as well as decent bus stops, request buildings 11-14, 62-63. Although not my personal favorite, I suggest these buildings as you're travelling with someone who is 88 years old!!!

What are my chances of getting in to BCV or BWV, been on waiting list since for last weeks???
For August 5-12, I can't say... BW and BC have become increasingly more difficult to snag with membership growing in leaps and bounds. Please let us know if it comes through for you!

Good luck to you! We do love OKW - very laid back and relaxing! :vacation: