PDA

View Full Version : Is JII 3rd refurb still happening?

Jakk
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Remember last year there was a rumor that there'd be a 3rd refurb of JIYI? Which would be the classic orginal with Dreamfinder, and Figment and revamped to the lastest technology! But it seems like it never happend? I asked some of my friends who are WDI and they said that the JII refurb will still happend but they are collecting a budget from Nemo. I really hope it happens, so have you guys heard anything on the 3rd revamp!?:mickey:

ResQRanger82
06-18-2007, 04:00 PM
While I don't have any info on that, I do know that I'd be one of the first in line! The original was - and still is - one of my favs. I would love to hear more about this, too!!!

DizneyFreak2002
06-18-2007, 07:02 PM
No... Not until there is a budget approved anyway.. And right now, there is no budget for a Journey refurb....

DisneyFanaticDargon
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Unless it shows promise as far as attendance I doubt they'll do it. That attraction never has a line any time I've gone to it so I don't think it'd be in their best interests to invest a large amount of money into something that clearly isn't very popular compared to attractions like Mission: Space, Soarin', and Test Track.

Coleby
06-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Unless it shows promise as far as attendance I doubt they'll do it. That attraction never has a line any time I've gone to it so I don't think it'd be in their best interests to invest a large amount of money into something that clearly isn't very popular compared to attractions like Mission: Space, Soarin', and Test Track.

It doesn't have a line now, but before the transformation that whole plaza was always busy. I do think that if they put some extra TLC back into it, then it would definately come back to them tenfold!

JPL
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
The original version was extremely popular and Figment is still very popular and a big seller when it comes to merchandise in Epcot. I think in time we see them do something to spotlight him more and revamp the attraction. I know one of the rumours for a new 3D for the pavillion will feature Figment and dreamfinder so it doesn't become dated as quickly.

Jakk
06-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Guys good news! I spoke with my friend who's very in the loop with the current JII project. According to him (and this may sound to good to be true...but trust me it's true) right now the plans are to get the 2nd floor up an running for the 25th anniversy. Then the plans are to begin to refurb JII and bring in a new 3D movie. He says that he belives that the paviallion "MAY" be entirely dedicated to Dreamfinder, and Figment. But he says that the new 3D movie will be part of phase 3 (some I'm guessing obviously there are 3 phases:blush:)which I'm guessing will be a Figment and Dreamfinder 3D movie!

According to him the new JII will most likley begin work after the Spaceship Earth refurbishment is complete. He says the new JII will not be like the 1st classic one, AT ALL. There will be an introduction of Figment and Dreamfinder, and the dreamcatcher will return but other than that it'll be a whole new journey. An appearantly he's very excited for a particular scene but he says there MIGHT be a budget cut that may take away this scene so he hopes and prays this wont happen! Yes, people your favorite Dreamfinder, and purple dragon will be finnaly reunited again. Yes people I know, I know this sounds WAY to be good to be true, but it's true.

:thumbsup:

Coleby
06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
well it does sound good, but, as with everything until the officiall announcement comes and they start work on it, I won't believe it. I have to see it started to believe it. So I guess I will be waiting a while if they are waiting til after the refurb of spaceship earth.

mcjaco
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes people I know, I know this sounds WAY to be good to be true, but it's true.

And when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'd be beyond excited if this actually takes place, but until real concrete evidence is in place I'm being very pessimistic on this rumor. :thedolls:

Evan52
06-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Guys good news! I spoke with my friend who's very in the loop with the current JII project.

Your friend wouldn't happen to be a 'jedimaster' would he?

I've heard pretty much the same thing. I know that Disney is very passionate about this project. It will eventually happen but not for a while yet, as you mentioned. People keep saying they'll believe it when they see it. It's not something that is going to be announced tomorrow. It will take some time but it's going to happen eventually......finally.

ghost999
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
i might have gotten to ride the original maybe but idon't think i did and if i did i was real little so i hope they do bring back the dreamfinder cause it sounds good and JII is still one of my more liked rides so i guess it would even be better. YAY REFURBS :mickey:

Jakk
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Your friend wouldn't happen to be a 'jedimaster' would he?

I've heard pretty much the same thing. I know that Disney is very passionate about this project. It will eventually happen but not for a while yet, as you mentioned. People keep saying they'll believe it when they see it. It's not something that is going to be announced tomorrow. It will take some time but it's going to happen eventually......finally.

I've never heard of jedimaster, my friend name is Josh though. So I dont know, perhaps there both in on the project I guess? I do wonder though how long will it accutaly take? Im guessing maybe it'll be after the Spaceship Earth rehab, or after Toystory Mania. I do know it will proabley happen around Late 2007-Early 2009. I say to the WDI take as much time as needed to work on the new JII so we can have are favorite classic darkride back!

And when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'd be beyond excited if this actually takes place, but until real concrete evidence is in place I'm being very pessimistic on this rumor.

Well like Evan52 said there not gonna announce it tommorow (at least I dont think they will) but don't worry you'll get excited just be patient!:thumbsup:

So I guess I will be waiting a while if they are waiting til after the refurb of spaceship earth.

Umm, I kinda just assumed that'll it take place after the SSE refurb (so dont hold your breath), so it might happen after Toystory Mania or late 2008. Remember it's not wether it'll happen or not because it's happening for SURE, it's about WHEN it'll happen because nobody really knows currently....yet