PDA

View Full Version : Disney on Ice at MGM

BigG007
06-18-2007, 09:10 AM
does anyone know if it is true that Disney are planning to make a studio in MGM to house a permanent Disney On Ice show?

PirateLover
06-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I haven't heard this particular rumor but I'll say that I WOULDN'T be completely against it. We tend to go to a lot of Disney On Ice shows and they are usually very well done. The sets they had for Incredibles in the Magic Kingdom were incredible ;) . It is also an attraction that would have the ability to be constantly changed.

Ian
06-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven't heard this one either, but :ack: !

Enough with the shows already.

glenpreece
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I love Disney on Ice and was actually thinking that this would be a great idea. Add in a a spot somewhere on property to house a show as they travel around the World.

Eeyore's Pal
06-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I think that would be great. And it would be a nice cool place to get out of the heat for a while as you enjoy a great show.

BigG007
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
The Chrismas Ice show in Disneyland Paris was always packed.

I think it would be good idea, only if the show followed the seasons. else, once you see it one you may not want to see it again

disneygeek18
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I beg to differ Ian, Disney-MGM studios could still use a couple of shows, it is after themed to Hollywood and the world of entertainment, and whats better than live entertainment?

Marker
06-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me. And in my opinion, The Studios park is a perfect place for it. I'd stop and watch.

Ian
06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I beg to differ Ian, Disney-MGM studios could still use a couple of shows, it is after themed to Hollywood and the world of entertainment, and whats better than live entertainment?Rides.

I disagree that the Studios could use more live entertainment.

Check out this list ... these are all the attractions they list for the Studios:

The Great Movie Ride - Ride
Beauty and The Beast Live - Show
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Ride
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - Ride
Playhouse Disney Live - Show
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - Show
Magic of Animation - Show
Muppets 3-D - Show
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure - Playground
Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show - Show
Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour - Show
Toy Story Mania - Ride
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - Show
Sounds Dangerous - Show
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - Show
Star Tours - Ride

That's a total of 16 attractions, with 5 rides (including one that's yet-to-be-built), 10 shows, and one playground area.

There's already twice as many shows as there are rides. Enough with the shows already. They bore me. Build a great new E-Ticket please. Don't waste money installing something you're already charging people all over the country to see anyway.

BrerSchultzy
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I completely agree with Ian here. The park is "themed" to Hollywood...but what would Disney on Ice have to do with that? What the park needs is more "fun" stuff to do...not more stuff where I get to sit for half an hour.

pogo
06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Rides.

I disagree that the Studios could use more live entertainment.

Check out this list ... these are all the attractions they list for the Studios:

The Great Movie Ride - Ride
Beauty and The Beast Live - Show
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Ride
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - Ride
Playhouse Disney Live - Show
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - Show
Magic of Animation - Show
Muppets 3-D - Show
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure - Playground
Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show - Show
Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour - Show
Toy Story Mania - Ride
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - Show
Sounds Dangerous - Show
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - Show
Star Tours - Ride

That's a total of 16 attractions, with 5 rides (including one that's yet-to-be-built), 10 shows, and one playground area.

There's already twice as many shows as there are rides. Enough with the shows already. They bore me. Build a great new E-Ticket please. Don't waste money installing something you're already charging people all over the country to see anyway.

I completely agree with Ian here. The park is "themed" to Hollywood...but what would Disney on Ice have to do with that? What the park needs is more "fun" stuff to do...not more stuff where I get to sit for half an hour.
:hi: guys..... I respectfully disagree with both of you. Us :old: people like shows. That's why we go to WDW instead of Universal ! :D

Scar
06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Ian,

You forgot your favorite show - Fantasmic! ;)

I really like most of the shows, (in fact my favorite attraction, including rides, was Hunchback) but I agree, they need another ride or two first.

DisneyFanaticDargon
06-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Hunchback, LMA and Fantasmic were and are really the best shows at MGM. But they really need a few more major rides (side note: I don't and will never consider Toy Story Mania a major ride and am still extremely upset that that is how they decided to use that extremely large space). Their two biggest attractions are at the end of Sunset Boulevard and a lot of people think that's all the park has.