PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaaahhhhh - what's a girl gotta do to get good ADRs????

wdw_bound
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I've been working on our December trip since February. We are taking my inlaws for their first trip (MILs three hours inside MK 21 years ago for her niece's band performance don't count) to the world. I've obsessed about our reservations (changed twice - WL to CR back to WL), asked your advice about trip planning, scooter rental, etc. until I was convinced I had it - the perfect plan. Calculated my 180 day mark and realized that it fell while I was at a conference - on the WEST COAST. OK, no problem, I can network and attend conference events until 11 pm local time, wake up at 3:45 am, make the ADRs, grab a catnap and be back in meetings at 8. I'm that crazy.

So, Tuesday morning, the alarm goes off (deepest apologies to the people in the room next to mine - I had no idea it would sound like an early nuclear warning system, or that it would take me quite that long to figure out how to switch it off :blush: ), and I grab my cell phone and my grid. Problem - my blackberry doesn't have the numbers/letters lined up for me to figure out WDW-DINE, so at 3:55, I'm trying to look at my room phone and punch the numbers in. Didn't go through the first time, but finally succeeded and got the menu options.

By the time I got a human on the phone, it was 7:03 am, and LeCellier was completely booked (except for one night at 8:50 - um, I have two people who think the early bird special can be too late to eat and a toddler - sorry, but I'll have to pass) during my stay. Oh well, surely LTT is available for the night we are doing MVMCP? Nope.

The helpful CM advises me that more tables will open up at the 180 day mark, but to be sure to call at 7 am EST because LeCellier is very popular. Gullible optimist that I am, I buy into this and prepare for another 4 am interruption of my normal sleep pattern. No dice. The CM I got the next morning seemed suprised that I was told more tables would open up - so after politely thanking her, I hit the snooze button and decided I could sulk a little and be late to my conference that morning.

Don't get me wrong, I did get plenty of good ADRs, including a 5:30 pm at CP on the day of MVMCP, but how crazy is it that I had to go to all that trouble 6 months before we get to WDW and I still wasn't able to get into two restaurants at the top of our list? My last hope is that the Candlelight Processional package will give me one more shot at a Le Cellier supper...

WishesFan13
06-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I also had problems with ADRs. Like you I called at the 180 day mark and was told wrong information by three people and even a supervisor wouldn't give me a straight answer until i asked for a manager and then she spoke to the manager and came back with a weird answer to my question. But she did tell me that 180 days from the day you want to go eat they do release more tables if a restaurant is booked so keep trying if you're flexible on the day you go to Le Cellier. I know this works because my mother in law called the next morning and got into a restaurant i was told was booked. Good luck.

tinksmom02
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh my goodness, I cannot believe what you put tourself through! I certainly feel for you, but it did put a little smile on my face as I was reading. :blush:

Keep trying for LeCellier--I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

disneyfan369
06-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow! It's too bad that you went through all that trouble, but didn't get Le Cellier. Keep trying; I bet someone will cancel their ADR! Good luck!