PDA

View Full Version : The most magical Disney moment ever

Babe the Blue Ox
06-17-2007, 06:17 PM
On Friday, June 8 we were leaving the Animal Kingdom just after the 7 pm closing time. While walking across the parking lot I noticed a bright flash in the sky. It seemed odd as it was too early for fireworks.

We then realized that it was the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifting off from the space coast. What an amazing experience even from 60-70 miles away.

A minute earlier or later and we wouldn't have seen it. Good timing I guess.

chick20679
06-17-2007, 07:01 PM
What a cool/magical moment for you! I will always remember, as a kid, traveling on the monorail from the magic kingdom, and the operator stopping and telling us to look out one side. There, in the distance you could see the space shuttle taking off. It's an awesome memory. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Lucky for you! Congrats on your magical moment!

Sunshine1010
06-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I remember driving down Daytona Beach (literally - on the beach) and seeing a flash and a loooooong line of smoke going straight/diagonal in the sky. I was a little self-centered back then, so I didn't keep up with the news. I have no idea what I saw...but I was assuming it was from Cape Canaveral. It was pretty neat. I think the year was 1994 or 1995...sometime around then.

DisneyFreak23
06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
well that would be sweet!:mickey::thumbsup:

Disney Yankee
06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
The most magical moment ever...:mickey:was when my son greeted his grandparents at Disney for the first time when we brought him to Disney for the first time in 2002.;)

Susan A
06-17-2007, 10:20 PM
What an exciting way to end the day at a Disney park!
When I was a kid back in the '8o's, a space launch was so exciting. Everyone talked about it and turned on the news to watch! Now, it hardly makes the news!

mttafire
06-17-2007, 10:28 PM
On Friday, June 8 we were leaving the Animal Kingdom just after the 7 pm closing time. While walking across the parking lot I noticed a bright flash in the sky. It seemed odd as it was too early for fireworks.

We then realized that it was the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifting off from the space coast. What an amazing experience even from 60-70 miles away.

A minute earlier or later and we wouldn't have seen it. Good timing I guess.
Pretty awsome!!! That would be a magical sight anywhere!! Ive seen the Shuttle land before (while i was in the air Force) But never take off. Talk about a proud to be an American moment!!! At Disney, That makes it VERY magical!!:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-18-2007, 01:30 PM
We were on the porch at SOG when one of the shuttle's took off, but it was so overcast, I can't honestly say I "saw" it. We did hear the shock wave one day on Main St. when one came in, so does that count ?:secret:

debandbub
06-18-2007, 05:49 PM
We saw the shuttle take off this past December, and it certainly was magical, especially since we are such a patriotic family. We were at the outdoor bar outside of Raglan Roads and the bartender was keeping an eye on the news for us, since there was a pretty good chance that it wasn't going to launch that night. When it started to take off, we saw the horizon turn bright orange, and then we saw the light from the shuttle rise into the night sky. Definitely VERY cool.

MOJoe
06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I am so jealous! I was hoping the launch would be delayed 1 day so we could see it from MGM during Star Wars Weekends. Now THAT would be my most magical Disney moment too. But not to be. We saw it at home on T.V.:(

disneycouple2004
06-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I would be in big trouble if DW reads this and i said it was when we seen the shuttle launch..
it was very cool...however......My most magical moment was the day my wife and I were married at Disneyworld..we had the best wedding..Disney really knows how to wow you..:thumbsup: