PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier or Coarl Reef?

Shoebee99
06-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Would you pick Le Cellier or Coral Reef and why?

I've read, re-read, and read again various posts. DH is a steak and potatoes man and I've planned mostly character meals for our DD's (6 & 7) :princess::cowgirl:- so this meal is for him (for the most part). We have ressies at Le Cellier for 6pm and I hope to move that time into a Candlelight Processional reservation when that becomes available. I've read mixed reviews on both - should I change to Coral Reef or stick with Le Cellier? We have not eaten at either of these restaurants. We do have ressies at Whispering Canyon - that looks like fun and good food.

It's so difficult to leave well enough alone!
thanks

Strmchsr
06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Le Cellier is the most popular, but most popular doesn't always mean the best. However, in this case it probably does. If your husband loves steak, though he can get a good steak at Coral Reef, Le Cellier would be the better choice. If you can't get in to Le Cellier (and it is very difficult), Coral Reef won't be a bad second choice at all.

tadshome
06-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Le Cellier gets my vote :thumbsup:
We ate there last June and the whole experience was wonderful. We have managed to get an ADR for this year and cant wait!

LandFan
06-17-2007, 06:09 PM
For steak - Le Cellier by far! Their Filet with wild mushroom risotto (with white truffle oil) is fantabulous:thumbsup:

TiggerRPh
06-17-2007, 07:34 PM
We really like both restaurants. The food is good at both, but I prefer Le Cellier because of the wait staff, the bread sticks and the great choice of food.

tinksmom02
06-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree--for steak, LeCellier is the way to go!

But, since it's (mostly) for your husband, why don't you let him decide?

thejens
06-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Another vote for Le Cellier! It's a great "manly" place. Great bread, wonderful filet, the creme brulee is to die for. I've never been to Coral Reef, but have read iffy reviews. Le Cellier is quiet, dim and soothing too. The perfect respite from too many princesses!

Shoebee99
06-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone - Kind of sounds like I'll keep the Le Cellier ADR and hope it works out with the Candlelight Processional too. I would let my husband decide, but if he had his druthers we would be eating at home - he doesn't enjoy eating out let alone going on vacation - He is a homebody :bang: ! He does enjoy a good steak so I'm hoping this will give him something to talk about and make it easier to talk him into going again :secret: !!

acetate
06-18-2007, 03:16 PM
We've eaten at both and our vote is for Coral Reef. We've eaten there twice. Food was excellent, service great and the view cannot be beat. Theres not a bad seat in the house. Le Cellier was okay, but when we were there it was crowded/cramped and we waited 40 minutes with ADR that we made well before we left Baltimore ! The food was fine but the whole experience felt, well ...lacking in the ole Disney magic. At the Coral Reef the service was more in line with the old disney ("plussing things") I forget exactly what my wife was wanting to order but she wanted it done a little different than it was listed on the menu. The waitress took her pen and said to my wife "Just tell me exactly what you want and I'll have the chef fix it the way you like it"
We both about fell off our chairs ! Can't get that back in good ole Baltimore.

Nicki'sMom
06-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Make reservations for both...after all you are on vacation! Treat yourself.

GrmGrninGost
06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
These are two of my most favorite restaurants at WDW. I like them for different reasons. LeCellier has a great steak and a fairly quiet atmosphere. Coral Reef tends to be a bit louder and has good sea food. I love the huge aquarium also. It's fun to watch the sharks while eating!:mickey: Both are fantastic! We eat at both almost every vacation. But, if I had to choose a place to go for a steak and potato, it would be LeCellier!:thumbsup: