PDA

View Full Version : Points Question

timbeccaf
06-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I have finally talked my husband into buying into the Vacation Club! I am looking to buy 350 points. I have read on the boards that some people regret buying one big contract and wished they split it into 2 smaller contracts. Now my question is, If I buy 150 points resale at Beach Club and 200 Points at The Animal Kingdom Villas, would both of these resorts be considered my home resort that I could make reservations at either one at 11 months out? Can I combine the points to use at either resort? Thanks for any help you can give me.

mprewitt
06-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, it is a good idea to split up a big purchase into separate contracts.

You can book your 150 points at BCV only at the BCV at the 11-mo window, and book your 200 points at AKV only at the AKV at the 11-mo window.

You can book any combination of all your points at the 7-mo window.

Maleficent's Dad
06-17-2007, 02:16 PM
would both of these resorts be considered my home resort that I could make reservations at either one at 11 months out? Can I combine the points to use at either resort?
No, this can't be done the way you're proposing.

In the case you mention, you could use 150 points at the BCV at the 11 month mark and 200 points at the VAKL at the 11 month mark. You could not "combine" these points until 7 months out.

Your "home resort" status dictates when you can book, regardless of the number of contracts you may have. With 3 different "home resorts," you could book these three at 11 months out but not combine all the points for one resort at 11 months out.

Congratulations, by the way! :mickey:
Welcome Home! :thumbsup:

timbeccaf
06-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks so much for the replies! I actually think buying one big contract would work best for us. We are a family of 6 and we travel to Disney every year the last week in August, and I take a short girls only trip every year in May. So, I think buying 350 points at Animal kingdom villas will cover a 2 bedroom unit and my short trip in may in a studio. I think splitting into smaller contracts at different resorts wont allow for us to get a 2 bedroom villa. Does that sound right? I'm so excited to be finally joining!

mprewitt
06-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I actually think buying one big contract would work best for us. I think buying 350 points at Animal kingdom villas will cover a 2 bedroom unit and my short trip in may in a studio.

You could split up your 350 points into 3 contracts of 160, 95 and 95. If you never decide to unload your 350 point contract in the future, it will be difficult to sell it as one large contract, IMO.

timbeccaf
06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
You could split up your 350 points into 3 contracts of 160, 95 and 95. If you never decide to unload your 350 point contract in the future, it will be difficult to sell it as one large contract, IMO.

so you're saying to buy three separate contracts all for the same resort, which would be Animal Kingdom Villas, that way I can use all the points I need for a 2 bedroom villa at the 11 month mark? Can I buy 3 separate contracts at the same time or do I have to do them individually at different times? Wow, there is alot to this! Thanks for your help.

mprewitt
06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
so you're saying to buy three separate contracts all for the same resort, which would be Animal Kingdom Villas, that way I can use all the points I need for a 2 bedroom villa at the 11 month mark? Can I buy 3 separate contracts at the same time or do I have to do them individually at different times? Wow, there is alot to this! Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can. Just tell your guide to setup your xxx.0 contract with 160 points, your xxx.1 contract with 95 points, and your xxx.2 contract with 95 points.

FiggyFan
06-17-2007, 08:54 PM
This sounds like a good plan. If you have three separate contracts at the same resort, all with the same use year, you can use all of the points just as if you had one big contract. If you ever decide to sell, smaller pieces sell quicker than big ones.