PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #60

King Triton
06-17-2007, 08:30 AM
First of all, Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there. I'll include myself in that group.

I want you to make a couple of assumptions for today's question: First, that you would like to do a Disney cruise in some form and second, I'm more interested in which of the two choices you'd enjoy more...don't factor in costs.

Your choices are:
- A weeklong Disney cruise
- A split stay cruise: Cruise (4/3 nights) and stay at WDW (3/4 nights)

vamaggie
06-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Never been on a cruise (but would love to try one!) and DH really does not like the idea. Split stay would probably be the only way I could get him to go.

princessjojo
06-17-2007, 09:24 AM
This is one that we've already talked about. We would love to do a week long Disney Cruise and have looked into it considerably. We thought it would be a good change to the parks and we could still get our Disney fix at the same time. But with the age of our boys, it makes it hard to take them out of school for a week and they don't have any week cruises scheduled that coincide with their time off so we have with-held that idea.

But if I understand the question correctly, what would we enjoy more...that would be the week long cruise. The 3/4, 4/3 split with parks would be nothing more than a tease of both to us. You're just starting to have fun when it's time to leave.

darthmacho
06-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Voted for the split, but I suppose it would be more relaxing to just do the cruise. After all, how does the combo work? it must be a pain in the behind getting from the ship to Orlando. I assume they have a bus, but that's like having a lost day to travel. Still, I'd hate to miss WDW.

ariel03
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I did the land and sea cruise and really didn't like it. They tried to fit to much into the few days you where on the cruise. Next time I will do just the cruise and hope for a better experience.

heart4princephillip
06-17-2007, 05:10 PM
We decided on a split for this November. We originally started planning for just a 7 night cruise, but since we live in California, we didn't want to take the flight without making a trip to the parks as well (it has already been 5 years since we've been to WDW).

Now we are cruising for 4 nights and staying for 8 days to enjoy the parks. Can't wait.

TammiMcMan
06-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I voted for the week long, because I don't like Disney's land/sea options. 3 nights on the cruise is way to short, but on the flip side, having only 3 days in Disney is definitely not enough time either.

WDWfeelslikehome
06-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I chose the split, we have friends who love to cruise, but one of them isn't a Disney Fan :ill:. We figure that this may be a way to get him to go along, if we split a cruise and stay to work him into the park gradually. Of course we would then add extra few days or so to our own time at the park at the end so we could get some "extra magic". But I guess that changes the rules of the question, Disney always said to dream big.:cool:

ElenitaB
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I voted for the week-long cruise... 3-4 days in either place just isn't long enough! My preferred option would be two vacations: a week-long cruise and then head back to Florida at some other time for a week at WDW.

tinksmom02
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM
These polls are getting tougher to answer!

I voted for a weeklong cruise. I've never done a cruise (although I would like to, and a Disney cruise would be ideal), but I'm not a big fan of 3-4 day vacations. For me, personally, it needs to be at least 5-6 days to be considered a true vacation. And I think splitting up the time, while probably really nice, wouldn't give me enough time to fully enjoy either experience. But hey, that's just me...

KAT1811
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM
In the spirit of answering the question the way it was asked I will say the weeklong cruise. I have no desire to pack everyone up (DH, 3 DDs, and myself) trek to WDW, stay 3 nights, pack everyone up, move to the ship, cruise another 3 nights, and then pack everyone up yet again!!!

(As a little :offtopic: observation, there are no packing smilies! A little surprizing for a vacation site. Okay back on track.)

DH and I were talking about doing the cruise with our girls (we've decided to wait until they are a little older 10, 2 1/2, & 7 months) but I really want to do WDW as well (I don't think that I could fly into Orlando Int'l and not go to WDW. Talk about torture!!!). The split options are too short on both ends in our opinion. We've decided that when we do cruise we'll do a week in WDW and then the cruise for a week. That way we can run ourselves ragged in WDW and then relax on the ship. :vacation:

avantgardeinker
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I would love to do a Disney Cruise and if I'm going to do it, I'm going all the way!! We've been the The World so many times I don't think we would need to stay on land. I'd rather have as much time on the cruise ship to experience everything there is.

171 more days!!
:mickey:

Mickey91
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Since we have not taken a cruise before, I believe the first one would have to be a split. If we enjoyed it and no one got terribly sick we would maybe try a weeklong cruise.:mickey:

Tynkerbelle
06-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm taking my first ever Disney cruise (any cruise, for that matter) this November and we're booked on a 7-day. Normally, I would not have done this, but I found out that Margaret Kerry (AKA Tinkerbell) is on this cruise and there will be some special events - I couldn't pass that up! We are doing a week in WDW before though (can't imagine being so close and not going)! Going forward (and assuming I enjoyed a cruise) I'd do land/sea - though probably with a shorter cruise after a week or more at WDW.....

PirateLover
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I have never done a cruise before and I'm really not sure if I'd like it, but I'd love to give it a try. So I went with the split stay. If I don't like the cruise, I won't be there for long, and if I do like it, I'll take a longer cruise another time. We've done Disney in 4 days and 3 nights before and had a great time.

BritCody
06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm not crazy about going on a cruise, but I take it no problem with a couple of days at WDW included

beksy
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
If I'm going to go on a cruise I want to have the whole affect and not everything jammed into a shorter amount of time so I went with the weeklong. It would be perfect to do like some others suggested and spend a week at WDW before the cruise. I totally agree that being so close and not visiting would be torture, but a week of both? :cloud9:

glenpreece
06-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I picked the split because I can't imagine being the close to WDW and not going!!!

RobWreck
06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
This past October, my wife and I took our first cruise (not just first Disney cruise, but any cruise at all). We opted for the 4 day Bahama cruise on the Wonder, flanked by a few days at WDW both before and after. We had such an amazing time that this time, we're skipping WDW entirely and going straight for the 7 day Western cruise on the Magic. Of course, timing it for New Year's Eve :party: is just icing on the cake! :D
Rob

Tinkermom
06-18-2007, 07:50 PM
We are going to do the best of both. In February going to WDW for 4 nights and then a 7 night Western Cruise (our first!). From all I have read it did not seem like a 3 or 4 night cruise would be enough. Can't wait!:thumbsup::mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I had to go with the split, I'm just not ready to give up WDW entirely!:mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
06-19-2007, 07:33 AM
If we went for the cruise (maybe in the future) I would definitely want to stick with cruise-only and not split things up. I don't see the point of going on a cruise for about three days.

RobWreck
06-19-2007, 08:12 AM
The point of splitting it up is to get your feet wet before jumping in whole hog. If it turns out that you get violently seasick or just can't deal with the 'cramped' feel of the cabins, at least your whole vacation isn't wasted. At least that's how I saw it when we booked our first cruise.
Rob

PS: Of course, we went with the 4 day cruise... I do agree that the 3 day cruise is too short to get much of a feel for cruising.

HallandNash
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Split. The Disney Cruise is really great, but I'm not going to Florida without going to WDW. :mickey:

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I would probably go with the weeklong cruise because I can go to The World after that if I wan't since all it would cost me is gas!
:goofy:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I would say the weeklong cruise becasue we live so close to parks. But if they ever have a land and sea package for Disneyland then I would do that.