PDA

View Full Version : upgrading passes

K8screen
06-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Is it possible to upgrade a 1 day pass to a 4 or 5 day ticket once you are in the park? My partner will only be with us for a few days, we arent sure how many, so we are not sure how many park days he will be able to do. We would like to buy a one day pass in advance and see how it goes, if possible.

Belle's Mom
06-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, you can, I think! Someone with more knowledge will be along soon, so I will let them give you the particulars. We upgraded on Wed. at our resort from 5 to 6 days, so I know it can be done!

CleveRocks
06-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Is it possible to upgrade a 1 day pass to a 4 or 5 day ticket once you are in the park? My partner will only be with us for a few days, we arent sure how many, so we are not sure how many park days he will be able to do. We would like to buy a one day pass in advance and see how it goes, if possible.Yes, a pass can be upgraded within 14 days of its first use. You can do it at any park, at Downtown Disney's Guest Services, or at your WDW resort.

Goes4FastPass
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
YES, you can upgrade but as stated earlier, you have 14 days from first use

and

We were advised to retain the reciept when we upgraded and it cam in handy because later their was some confusion between what we originally purchased and what we upgraded to.

snifflesmcg
06-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I added an extra day last year with no problem. I just paid the difference and I was on my way.

EvilQueen2006
06-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I know when you have a package, everyone has to have the same ticket. Is it possible to upgrade one of the tickets (say to an AP) at the end of your vacation, or do all of them need to be upgraded?

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Tickets can always be upgraded, just not down-graded. The one clincher is that if the vacation has been booked as a package (such as the dining plan), everyone has to have the same ticket. So, for example, if you book a dining plan package for four people with 3-day single park tickets and want to upgrade to a 5-day park-hopper pass, then everyone has to upgrade to that ticket.

As far as Annual Passes, if you booked as part of a vacation package deal, I do not believe you (or the rest of your party) would be able to upgrade the tickets to an AP at the end of your vacation. If you did, you would no longer qualify for the vacation package deal. At least that is my understanding of it; someone please correct me if I am wrong.:)

Fangorn
06-17-2007, 07:19 PM
The one clincher is that if the vacation has been booked as a package (such as the dining plan), everyone has to have the same ticket. So, for example, if you book a dining plan package for four people with 3-day single park tickets and want to upgrade to a 5-day park-hopper pass, then everyone has to upgrade to that ticket.

Not quite correct. It's true that everyone has to have the same ticket on a package, but only until you've checked in to the hotel. After that, you're free to upgrade just one ticket if you want to - you can even upgrade to an annual pass.

Steve