PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is Labor Day Weekend?

Cinderelley
06-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Has anyone gone during this holiday? Our plans are

Sat. - lounge around resort during the day and hitting Boardwalk/Pleasure Island that night. ADR at Flying Fish for 5:30pm.

Sun. - Animal Kingdom with ADR at Boma for 6pm.

Mon. - Getting massages at SSR at noon. Then at 2:15 pm we've got appts at Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique. Then we're off to the Pirates and Princess Party. We have ADRs at Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:15 pm.

Do you think it's a good plan to avoid the holiday crowds? Are crowds even an issue for Labor Day Weekend?

brewcrew26
06-17-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm also heading down for Labor Day Weekend (Wednesday thru Tuesday).

Be aware that the Tom Joyner Family Reunion will be held down there during that time. You should expect thousands of the national radio show host's followers, R&B acts, and urban comedians at WDW during the time.

That's the only big thing I know about that weekend, though. We're planning for above-average crowds, but since we've made all of our ADRs already, we're hoping not to run into too many problems. :mickey:

Mary Poppins fan
06-17-2007, 08:02 AM
This is our third time going over Labor Day and we love it! Last year we went to AK on Sunday. We got there early, so the crowds weren't too bad until about 1. The year before we were at Epcot on Sunday and it was also crowded in the afternoon, but by Illuminations the crowds were much lighter. Monday is MK day and the crowds drop off considerably by about 2. Since we always start the day with an 8:20 ressies at CP, we're able to do the big rides with little or no wait when the park opens. :cloud9:

We're planning on going to the P&P Party on the 3rd too (well, I'm planning on it - my family has no idea I bought the tickets!) :D Hopefully we'll see you there!

dephenn
06-17-2007, 08:51 AM
I have gone on Labor Day weekend and stayed throughout the whole week. I would recommend it to anyone. I didn't think that the crowds were that bad at all.

moe513
06-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Last year we were there and it wasnt horrible. We met an occasional crowd. Dtd on Sat night was packed and Epcot during emh pm. I expect crowds to be higher this yr because free dining is less weeks this yr.

Cinderelley
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm also heading down for Labor Day Weekend (Wednesday thru Tuesday).

Be aware that the Tom Joyner Family Reunion will be held down there during that time. You should expect thousands of the national radio show host's followers, R&B acts, and urban comedians at WDW during the time.

That's the only big thing I know about that weekend, though. We're planning for above-average crowds, but since we've made all of our ADRs already, we're hoping not to run into too many problems. :mickey:

Who is Tom Joyner? Where is it held at? Some R&B would be nice.

Thanks for the info everyone. Now I know what to expect.

brewcrew26
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Last year, some people from my office went. A lot of the events were held at Animal Kingdom and surrounding resorts. Sinbad, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, and some other big names entertainers were in attendance. They served as Grand Marshals in parades, entertained in the parks on stages and at DTD.

Tom Joyner's wife does a "gospel workout" one of the mornings."

I think you can check it out on his website, Black America Web and in formation on the reunion at the following link: http://www.blackamericaweb.com/family07/

It looks like a lot of it this year will be at Universal and Sea World.

Hope this helps :mickey:

dteed
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Twice on Labor Day weekend, once there was a hurricane so that does not count. The other time was great. very few people, everyone back in school.

AllDisney
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
This is my first trip to WDW in September. Decided to take advantage of free dining. Made my ADR's so I am not worried about that at all. I am concerned about the weather, since hurricane season is in full force. Hoping, like the thousands of other people that a hurricane will not be a issue.

I am aware that free dining is being offered, but for a shorter period of time this year. There is ALWAYS something going on at WDW. It used to be there was an "off season " at WDW, but don't think that is the case anymore.

Looking forward to our trip:mickey:

Cinderelley
06-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info. Here's :beer: hoping for a hurricane free vacation!