PDA

View Full Version : Yo quiero dos cervesas por favor.

varcity
06-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Brushing up on my spanish, think I got it down now :thumbsup:

Yup peoples, I have kept a secret that I leave in search of Montazuma's revenge at 6 in the morning, meaning I leave the house at 3:30 in the morning. YAY. Puerto something rather is the destination (I really have no idea what the second title is spelled like and am way too lazy to look). So I plan on taking my illegal american drinking age and take it to the legal Spanish drinking age and enjoy a meeting with Don Julio. YAY again! Anyways, Cat's got me covered already for next weekend, so have no fears, although I am sure most didn't even think twice :(. HAHA. Miss me and wish me luck in picking the right water...

Miss me mucho!!!!!

Y a mi gato, yo guante tu mucho!!! :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Don't... I repeat: DON'T drink the WATER!!
And do eat the worm. It will make you happy. Please don't ask me to explain or elucidate.
Have fun remember this word too: El Bana!

TinkRocks
06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Puerto Vallarta?

Let's just call it Puerto Varcity...

cheshirecollector
06-17-2007, 12:04 AM
If you drink the water, you'll need this:

Donde esta el bano? (pronounced banyo)

Es muy importante recorder, varcity. Buena suerte!

Tinkerbell627
06-17-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm glad we've got the water situation straight and I'm glad everyone has made it perfectly clear where your bowel movements go.
Now, Puerto Something-or-Other sounds like a very fun distination, but you should know, getting drunk in a country that is foreign to you is not wise.

I'm Zumop. Just take it from me.

And I'm sure your cat gloves you very much as well. Probably not as much as I love my sombrero pollo but maybe close. Eat lots of spicy cheese while you're there, and most of all, have fun.

WDWfanatic742
06-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Have you been drinking out of the country before Zoo? I didn't know we could do that :beer::marg:.

wizardmickey
06-17-2007, 02:37 AM
Zumop: Probably not as much as I love my sombrero pollo but maybe close.
A chicken hat? Has somebody been sneaking peaks at the pictures of me at ROPES Conferences? I swear, it wasn't my idea to wear that hat!

varcity
06-17-2007, 03:01 AM
LOL, I havent laughed so much at a post in a while.

Thanks for making the water situation clear and reminding me about la bana. Thanks to all those Chevy's meals (I'm not sure if that is west coast only?)

The city will be taken by storm, look for rebel varcity on TV taking over in demands of a city name chage to Puerto Varcity.

Thanks for the luck, collector :mickey: (ok, I cheated, asked for help, haha)

Inebriation probably isn't a great idea... especially when valuables are attached to your person.. hmm, Thanks for making me think that one out!

See you all in a week!

Tinkerbell627
06-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Have you been drinking out of the country before Zoo? I didn't know we could do that :beer::marg:.

I never said I got drunk in a foreign country. Have I ever been one to do something crazy?

But for the record, as long as you've got money, I really don't think they care. It depends on the place you go.

RenDuran
06-17-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know what cruises are like anymore, but when I was 17 there was no drinking age when you were in international waters.

Have a great time, varcity! I'm sorry that I have no interesting spanish words to bestow upon you. Oh wait...."caliente" means hot!:flame:

WDWfanatic742
06-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Hmm, anyone up for an Intercot meet down there sometime soon then? :D

I forgot, Varcity have loads of fun down there and come back in one piece :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Varcity: The city will be taken by storm, look for rebel varcity on TV taking over in demands of a city name chage to Puerto Varcity.
Viva la revolucion de Varcity! Drink up and take over... and if (IF) you should find yourself in a Mexican jail, Ice will lead a posse to come down there and bust you out!! Who's with me?

Tinkerbell627
06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Aye! I'd be with you 'til the end!

I've always wanted to storm a jail. Can I use a samurai sword?

We could be this group of masked vigilantes.. well, not really, since we'd be breaking the law instead of taking it into our own hands... But it's not right to put one of our own in jail, so we could kinda be vigilantes, but not really...

Rebels! We can be rebels.

So then after we break him out of jail, we will become notorious and the locals will give us a name. And then we'll have an underground hideout and contacts who hide us in case we have a run-in with the police...

Or we could just all go down there for a nice, civilized meet like David suggested.

:cheers:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Oh! I've been to Puerto Vallarta. Great place, awesome food. Get a beef taquito for me Varcity! :D

wizardmickey
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Zoo, you bring that sword, and I'll bring the instrument of destruction that becomes extremely dangerous in my hands... POWER TOOLS!
And masks? We don't need no steenkin' masks!!

Tinkerbell627
06-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Hmmm.... Power tools. Creative.

But no masks? I agree, we don't need them. We would be too stealthly for the protection of masks. I just think they'd be cool.

Maybe we could all wear construction hats to go with the power tools. And our uprising will forever be known as:

The 'Village People' Rebellion

:sombrero:

wizardmickey
06-19-2007, 11:56 PM
...Village People Rebellion...
Only if I get to be the biker dude. I got most of the leather already...

Tinkerbell627
06-20-2007, 12:18 AM
^ Dude, whatever floats your boat. I'm kind of partial towards the Indian head dress anyway.

varcity
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys, had to do it alone. Didn't you see the bat man symbol??? :thumbsup:

And couldn't you be the dos amigos?? I'd rather be saved by them over the Village people.. Although I would have just wanted to be saved!!

I had a total of cero beef taquitos while away, sorry to disappoint :mickey: Too much other great food to choose that. lol

Cruise's have a drinking age of 18 on the open water. So does Mexico, but in mexico you just need to have the money. I'll say some more on that once I do a trip report (probably tonight if I don't go to the county fair tonight for Turkey legs...)

Also, I remembered so much of my spanish when I got there. More on that later too!

Just wanted to say I was alive. Pictures and trip reports later!!

Speaking of, which service is best for picture uploads and then friends viewing?

WDWfanatic742
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I know Zumop and me use Webshots.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
I think Genie uses Yahoo. You can put lots of albums and stuff I think. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Yahoo Pictures is not going to be around much longer so you don't want to use that.

Tinkerbell627
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd use Webshots. It's free, it's easy.

And you can invite me and David to be your friends on it so we'll have more than one friend on our friend lists. It's sad, we know.

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Dos Amigos? Only 2 of us were signed up to save you then & help lead the revolution? Ok then, Dos Amigos it is... but I still get to wear leather.

Genie uses (and recommended for me) PhotoBucket. It too is free & if you download the Flock-thingie that aids with uploading pics & doing slideshows, it's actually pretty good.

Yes. a sad farewell to Yahoo is a comin'. Boo Hoo.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-26-2007, 12:41 AM
And you can invite me and David to be your friends on it so we'll have more than one friend on our friend lists. It's sad, we know.

:haha: :funny: :silly: :crazy: :rotfl: :D

Sorry I had to. :P

DREAMADREAM93
06-26-2007, 12:47 AM
This is really difficult if you don't speak a lick of Spanish...

"El" JOrdan :]

varcity
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Trip report is halfway done and so I am waiting on pictures. I didn't know I could use photobucket for others to view. I have one, I just need to clean up some pictures that most aren't supposed to see, lol. The other problem with photos (in the report) is that our camera broke, so I have to wait for like 5 different cameras to send me their pictures!

Ya know, maybe I will join webshots to make fan and zoo a little more special!

Tinkerbell627
06-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Ya know, maybe I will join webshots to make fan and zoo a little more special!

Excellent idea! It will really help David's confidence. :)

Some are saying that I'm "special" enough as it is, but I'd love you to join anyway!