PDA

View Full Version : No love for the wand

readytogo2
06-16-2007, 02:19 PM
i have only seen SSE with the wand, so why does it seem so many people think it should come dowm. IMO, it makes Epcot seem more disney

McGoofy
06-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I have seen it without the wand. I have seen it when the wand was originally placed for the year "2000" icon, and I have seen it the way it is now. I don't think it would look right without the wand! It's like once you have painted your walls a color, you couldn't imagine the room being white again! When it went up for the year 2000, we had heard about all of the money that was spent to construct it. We had wondered what they would do with it when 2001 came. I am glad that they found a way to keep it.:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
06-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I have to agree. I've also seen SE all three ways and I personally like the wand. The painted wall analogy was a good one. I think it would look alittle bare now. Walt said, 'remember it all started with a mouse". What's wrong with a little rminder of the mouse in Epcot? Ok, so a big reminder, but you get my drift.

:sulley:

KAJUNKING
06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
a lot of people have strong opinions on this subject, but i could take it or leave it

kadesha
06-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I have only seen it with the wand, I couldn't imagine it without it. It would look SO bare! I hope they never get rid of it.

However, not to offend anyone, but those leave a legacy things, IMO, look awful. I hate them.

disneyfan1124
06-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I've seen SE in all 3 forms, and personally, at this point, I don't care either way. I'm used to it now, so I don't think about it too much. For a long time I was waiting for it to go away, but now...with no intent to hurt the feelings of others, I'd much rather see Leave A Legacy go away! I don't mind the bricks at MK, but LAL photos are hard to see. Even when I know the people, it doesn't really look like them! I also think the "display things" are too BIG. Perhaps if it wasn't so dominating it wouldn't bother me so much. In any case, neither the wand nor LAL will keep me away! DH's favorite park is Epcot!

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2007, 05:19 PM
a lot of people have strong opinions on this subject, but i could take it or leave it
I'm pretty much the same - the wand? take it or leave it... doesn't matter to me.

Now as for that large HAT in front of the theater at MGM.... :mad:

DizneyRox
06-16-2007, 07:40 PM
i have only seen SSE with the wand, so why does it seem so many people think it should come dowm. IMO, it makes Epcot seem more disney

This (http://members.cox.net/dizneyrox/real-sse.jpg) is why it should come down!

snifflesmcg
06-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I have only seen it with the wand, I couldn't imagine it without it. It would look SO bare! I hope they never get rid of it.

However, not to offend anyone, but those leave a legacy things, IMO, look awful. I hate them.

:ditto: I've seen it bare and then with the wand (didn't see the 2000 version) and I think it's great!!! Without it, it would look like a boring ole golf ball. It adds just a bit of magic to it. I have to agree with the iceberg looking legacy things. These are a TOTAL eyesore. They are not tasteful at all and it's OBVIOUS it's a money making scheme.

Now as for that large HAT in front of the theater at MGM.... :mad:

Aw, I really wish more people liked the hat. I think it's so cute.

larandtra
06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I dont like the wand or the hat. Both parks were just fine without them. I dont need either to remind me I am at Disney.

tinksmom02
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I have to agree. I've also seen SE all three ways and I personally like the wand. The painted wall analogy was a good one. I think it would look alittle bare now. Walt said, 'remember it all started with a mouse". What's wrong with a little rminder of the mouse in Epcot? Ok, so a big reminder, but you get my drift.

:sulley:

I agree, and I like it, too! :mickey:

Gotta Love Eeyore
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Count me in as another "I like it" vote. I think it would look bare without it now. Of course, I also love the hat. :thumbsup:

mainemajor
06-17-2007, 09:47 AM
This (http://members.cox.net/dizneyrox/real-sse.jpg) is why it should come down!

I think it was nice for a limited time, but like the birthday castle it's not EPCOT. SSE by itself is the symble of EPCOT, just like the castle, and the tree of life at AK. Now it seems as though the hat, that I don't mind, has replace the Earful Tower represents MGM. You never see the Earful tower anymore. I miss that:confused:

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 10:07 AM
It looked nice originally, but the wand now adds something to it. I dont think it should come down.

dolphinmickey9170
06-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I have seen the "Ball" with and without. I really like it with the wand. I take a picture of it day and night everytime we visit. I even have a pic of my DD's in front of it from their first trip. I love IT!!

LudwigVonDrake
06-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't mind the wand and don't think it's a big deal :shrug:

DawsonAR
06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I like it just fine with the wand, but I think it is beautiful without too. Either way is good to me.

Jared
06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Spaceship Earth is the most impressive structure in Walt Disney World and does need the wand. I think the best Spaceship Earth is a naked Spaceship Earth. The building is so incredible. Any decoration is distracting.

DisneyorBust
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Why you ask? Because I have never seen it (in person) in it's origianal state. Our first family trip was in January of 2001 and the 2000 sign was in place. Subsequent trips all have had the wand in place. I like it the way it is.
Now Sorcerer Mickey's hat in Disney Studios....I think that it would look better outside the entrance to the park, not blocking the view of the Great Movie Ride.

mcjaco
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM

Because it was the one park that wasn't supposed to scream "Welcome to a Disney park." It's the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Not, Disney's Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

When the park opened, they went to great lengths to keep the Disney Characters out of EPCOT. It was supposed to be something completely different, and "un-Disney" like. SSE was the first geodesic globe ever built, they've taken away the awesomeness of that structure, by averting everyone's attention to the stupid wand.

Christine
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I, like many here, couldn't care less one way or the other... about the wand OR the hat.
I just don't see either of these items as anything to get myself worked up about. :shrug:

DSNYMOM4JJ
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Personally I love the wand and the hat...as to SSE being an awesome sight with or without the wand...it really doesnt matter to me because i am awe struck at everything Disney creates..plus this is my favorite ride in Epcot...Perhaps too many people werent relating Epcot to one of the WDW parks and was thinking it was an Orlando Nasa Space themed park...by adding the wand you know your are still part of the Disney Magic!!!!:cloud9:

wedway76
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm a traditionalist. TAKE IT DOWN ALREADY!

SurferStitch
06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I love the wand, and I would love to see it stay. It really looks great at night with all of the lights on.

DH came up with a great replacement if/when it is taken down, and I'm sure many here will LOVE it...:thedolls:

He said they should put Stitch on SSE and have him crawling down the side of it. Now THAT I would love! :stitch2: