PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest

Princess Jayne
06-16-2007, 01:33 PM
A bit of a wierd question but how bad is the bit in this that goes backwards? I think i can handle the drop but the backwards bit worries me! lol! x

tadshome
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
The backwards bit is ok... I didn't know anything about the ride so it took me by surprise!!! The drop was the worst bit for me

BelleBeauty
06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
The ride is very smooth. I was so scared of the backwards part that I almost didn't go on (and of course, my first ride we ended up in the last car). But it is really neat, a very different ride. The view, the themeing, the Yeti!!, all make it totally worth it. The drop really isn't even that bad either!

DisneyFreak23
06-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I sure hope it's fun, because the minute i am able, the first thing I am doing when i get to WDW I am going on EE

MushuMulan
06-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't think it's too bad, it's actually very fun, the only kind of intense part is feeling the g-forces on you.

disneygirlie11
06-16-2007, 05:41 PM
:blush:Just don't look DOWN when your going backwards if your afraid of heights!!

AnnieBananie
06-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, I love coasters and couldn"t wait to ride EE. I really do love it!! (I must tell you that the first time I rode it, I was shaken afterwards. but my DD wanted to ride it again. So, I did it again to appease her and the 2nd time around was MUCH easier on me than the first. I think it was the unexpected backwards drop that scared me, but since I knew what to expect the 2nd time, it was much more fun.) If you like roller coasters you should love this one.

Narawen
06-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I am such a coaster-phobe and loved the backwards part. I felt like I was upside down for about 2 seconds, but of course I wasn't. It doesn't last as long as you think, for me I think the drop was almost worse.

thejens
06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I am pretty chicken, but I loved EE. The backward part really wasn't that bad. Even the drop was so smooth it wasnt too bad. I was terrified about going on it, but really enjoyed it.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I was terrified to go on it at first, since I was watching all these women running into the ladies room after riding, but I was very glad that I rode. I thought it was great! The backwards part is pretty intense, but doesnt last that long. If you can do ToT or RnRC you can totally handle this, IMO. Unless you have severe motion sickness, I wouldn't miss the ride!

A Foolish Mortal
06-17-2007, 10:05 PM
The backwards part is not bad at all. It just catches you by suprise. It sorta feels like a backwards spiral. Don't be alarmed, it may feel like you go upside down, but you don't.

MushuGrl
06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
This has me SO freakin psyched! I am a cheeeecken. BIG cheecken. But I want to see the Yeti SO bad that I'm going to do this in September.

wedway76
06-18-2007, 12:42 PM
As far as coasters go I think EE is very tame. I’m not a big fan of coasters (I’m a big chicken) but the rest of my family is so I go with them. Going backwards EE is fast but I don’t think it’s scary at all.