PDA

View Full Version : DVC website

Tink&Goofy
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Why is it that the DVC website does not show any information on pricing, or current purchase incentives? Seems like the mailers don't either. If not for Intercot, I wouldn't know anything about it! I know the guides are there, but being aware of the incentives is what entices us to think of adding on. I don't just call our guide on a regular basis to find out the latest! Seems like any special pricing or incentives are discovered by word of mouth (mostly Intercot). Am I missing something??

TiggerRPh
06-16-2007, 12:22 AM
They have to make it pretty generic for a couple of reasons....first of all, it's pretty hard to accurately depict all of the great things including pricing (with all the possibilities) in sales literature...second..they really want to talk to you so you can ask questions and get answers....but probably the biggest reason is that some state laws prevent them from sending the information in the mail or anything other than in person.

Ian
06-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Ray's right ... there are probably two main reasons they don't do this.

#1, without having a conversation about it and going over what the prices actually mean, they can seem a little daunting. I think they want a chance to show you the payback calcs and generally make things more palatable than they initially appear. That means you need to interact with a real live person.

#2, I'm quite certain there are too many state laws to deal with to allow them to put pricing on the web. Real estate and timeshare sales are tightly controlled.

wendy*darling
06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
... but being aware of the incentives is what entices us to think of adding on.
As a DVC member, we get a ton of mail throughout the year about incentives, new properties, encouraging us to tell friends about DVC, etc. Plus the Vacation Magic magazine comes 4 times a year.
I think that's enough advertising for something I already am a member of.
If you are a member, perhaps your state does not allow DVC to send soliciations for time shares- even to current members?

But for recruiting new members- Ray and Ian are right- too many state laws prevent the mass mailings and advertising (even on the web).

The guides are great- and if you are ever thinking about adding on- give them a call. You already know it's a "no pressure" interaction!

Donald A
06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
#1, without having a conversation about it and going over what the prices actually mean, they can seem a little daunting. I think they want a chance to show you the payback calcs and generally make things more palatable than they initially appear. That means you need to interact with a real live person.

A few years back, I looked info up about pricing and it was in the "fine print." Really hard info to find. At that time, the minimum cost was $15,000. That is like buying a new car. I think they make you inquire deeper into the price so they can give you their "sales pitch" first.