PDA

View Full Version : Shorter Spectromagic?

TexasPrincessAurora
06-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Have they shortened SpectroMagic? We saw it last week while at MK and it seemed like there were pieces and entire sections missing...I especially noticed that Chernabog wasn't there anymore, but there seemed like there was even more not there. Am I imagining things?

magickingdom67
06-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Not sure, but we were just there Jun 5-8 and Chernabog was there and it seemed the same to me.:mickey:

TinkiTime1989
06-15-2007, 11:58 PM
How was the weather right before the parade? Sometimes they shorten Spectromagic if it has been raining and stormy or if there are storms getting ready to move into the area.

TiggerRPh
06-16-2007, 12:14 AM
They might have had problems with a few of the floats too.

*Liz*
06-16-2007, 12:36 AM
The parade is still the same. The Chernabog float won't run if it's too windy out. All the floats still run if it's raining but some of the performers/characters will not. If any drops of rain are felt, the dragonflies cannot go out because of the material they're wings are made of. The butterflies can still go out if drizzling but if it becomes too heavy, then they get pulled too. The ostriches also do not go out in heavy rain. The dragonflies and butterflies also do not go out if the temperature is too low. Just things I've learned from working on Spectro for 9 months. ;)

TexasPrincessAurora
06-16-2007, 04:10 AM
Ah, it had been raining earlier and I vividly remember getting soaked about the time we got back to the TTC (we skipped Wishes that night as we'd already seen it earlier in the week). Guess that is the reason for the more limited parade. Thanks!

garymacd
06-16-2007, 10:42 AM
They might have had problems with a few of the floats too.

That is quite possibly one of the reasons. We were there once when one of the floats broke down right in front of Tony's Restaurant. How embarrassing would that be?

sleepingbooty
06-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry.....whats Chernabog?

TexasPrincessAurora
06-16-2007, 01:08 PM
He's the large creature who is on the top of Bald Mountain at the end of Fantasia.

kakn7294
06-17-2007, 01:30 AM
In my experience, Chernabog seems to be the float with the most problems. In December his wings wouldn't open - a problem I've seen on past trips too. I know that he can't open going around some of the bends, but he didn't work at all even on the straight-away section from Liberty Square all the way to the parade exit in Frontierland.

Belle's Mom
06-17-2007, 08:20 AM
It was all working on Wednesday night. My feet hurt so badly that I thought it was too long!!! lol

MushuGrl
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Glad somebody brought this up cause I had questions about it. When we went in 2005, we caught the pre-firework and post-firework Spectromagic shows two nights in a row. Chernabog only appeared in the post-fireworks show both times. My sister was under the impression that they did that because he's skeery :thedolls: and maybe since it was after the fireworks most parents had taken the younger kids back to the hotel. Was it just technical difficulties?