PDA

View Full Version : Water Park in January?

kaylamag
06-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Going to the World in January for the first time ever. I was planning on doing TL at least one day. My husband and niece really want to do the surfing lessons. My question is...Is it too cold for a waterpark this time of year?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, there is always one water park open so it must at least be warm some of the time. I know when we were there in Dec. some days were cool and some were warm. My nephew went in the pool at the resort.

crazypoohbear
06-15-2007, 11:39 PM
I think the water is heated, but I'm not positive. But, My kids were swimming down in Fla. in December and swimming in New Hampshire in April:)

Pocahontas
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
We have done a water park in January. The water is heated, but it still was chilly going from one attraction to another. January's weather can be very unpredictable. In the same weeks trip I have worn shorts and the next day needed long pants and a jacket. One plus, I assure you that it won't get so warm that the water park is crowded - no lines!

kaylamag
06-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info, i'll hope for good weather!

faline
06-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Our our trip this past January, we missed the warm weather by a few days. It was too cold during our entire stay to swim but others told us that, just a few days before we arrived, it was in the 80's and really warm!

Mousefever
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes. It was Saturday, Jan. 6th when we went this year. The temps were into the mid 80's. It was easily warm enough for TL.

:dory:

ThanxForNoticin
06-20-2007, 12:22 PM
There is a decent chance you'll get weather warm enough to enjoy a water park. We are often down in January, and most years there is a day or two that will approach 80 degrees. Hopefully, you'll get a warmer weather pattern when you are there. Keep in mind, only one of the water parks will be open at a time during the winter months. Looking at the schedule, it looks like TL will be closed 10/28/07 thru 1/5/08, meaning BB will be open. BB is closed from 1/6/08 thru 3/8/08, meaning TL will be open again during that time. Have fun.