PDA

View Full Version : Do we really need ANOTHER water park?

DisneyJunkie
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I hear, around the net, talk of a third water park possibly coming to WDW. Is that what we really need, another water park or another main theme park? I say go with another theme park. 2 water parks are plenty.

DisneyFreak23
06-15-2007, 04:49 PM
It depends on what sort of theme they would put in the waterpark. Personally, I would like another theme park also, but a water park would be nice. Disney did just fine with 3 waterparks. Either way is fine.

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow, they must bring in alot of business if there thinking about building another.

Jared
06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't want another water park. Two is just fine. Spend the money fixing the existing theme parks.

DawsonAR
06-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm not a fan of the water parks but I would love another theme park.

Marker
06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I suspect that IF they are actually planning to build another water park, then there must certainly be a business need for one. Otherwise, why would they elect to build one.

They used to have a third, but smaller water park. I have heard people talk about crowded conditions as the 2 existing parks, so apparently the crowd level must be there to suggest another would be profitable.

But then again, sounds like it just rumor at this point.

WDWfanatic742
06-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Last time I saw, the theme for the park was supposed to be a pirate water park. If I remember, there even was a concept art piece released some time ago although I have no idea where it went to or if it was to something else. They could spend their money by investing more into the existing two water parks to add capacity to them before adding a third water park. I personally don't want to see another theme park added for 5 more years at least. 4 is plenty right now and they still have room for improvement at Epcot's WS, MGM, and another land for DAK.

LudwigVonDrake
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't want another water park. Two is just fine. Spend the money fixing the existing theme parks.

I totally agree!! :thumbsup:

thejens
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I would have to agree that two water parks seems like enough. Maybe they should connect it to the Studios so there would be a reason to go there. I agree there is a lot they could do with the Studios and Future World before adding another of the same. They could add a Pirate feature to Typhoon Lagoon. Thematically it would go very well. Of course I barely played in half the park when I went last time, I was so content with the lazy river and Ketchakiddie! I definitely think a Pirate themed water park should be added on to an existing park or a new Pirate themed resort would be the way to go instead of a new park.

Ian
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I couldn't possibly disagree more. The ONLY new park WDW needs right now is a new water park. The two existing parks are packed all day, every day.

They've got at least two existing theme parks (and maybe three, if you count Epcot) that need MAJOR TLC. The absolute last thing I'd want them to build is a fifth theme park.

They need to satisfy the demand they have and not waste money building a fifth gate that won't do anything but cost them more money.

CaptSmee
06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The water parks are usually full, when we were there last Friday they made an announcement that the parks had reached it's capacity for the day around 1:00 in the afternoon.

PirateLover
06-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I couldn't possibly disagree more. The ONLY new park WDW needs right now is a new water park. The two existing parks are packed all day, every day.

They've got at least two existing theme parks (and maybe three, if you count Epcot) that need MAJOR TLC. The absolute last thing I'd want them to build is a fifth theme park.

They need to satisfy the demand they have and not waste money building a fifth gate that won't do anything but cost them more money.

Ian, I completely agree with you here. I think a 3rd water park would be fine, AFTER they've improved MGM, Future World, and made more additions to AK. I can't even imagine starting on a 5th THEME park right now when there is so much to be done at existing ones. The two water parks however are a good size and well kept but do get quite crowded. A third one would be nice but it isn't a necessity.

Maleficent's Dad
06-15-2007, 09:27 PM
The ONLY new park WDW needs right now is a new water park. The two existing parks are packed all day, every day.
Ian, I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:

The two existing water parks are PACKED every day from June 1 - September 1 - and quite often, many other days. The water parks are incredibly popular, and for those who visit (especially during warmer months), they need an expansion or additional water park.

mttafire
06-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Ian, I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:

The two existing water parks are PACKED every day from June 1 - September 1 - and quite often, many other days. The water parks are incredibly popular, and for those who visit (especially during warmer months), they need an expansion or additional water park.
Add me to this list..I also think that a new waterpark would be absolutely justified.:mickey:

Dorito2000
06-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I remember trying to go a few years ago on vacation during spring break when River Country was still open, and even with 3 water parks, they were all closed to capacity by noon, and there was still a huge backup of cars trying to get in, all to be turned away. It was crazy.

The Joker
06-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Disney has suprised us many times. Why not a combination of a themepark and a water park?

caryrae
06-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I also think a 3rd water park would be a great idea. Like others say the 2 are crowded alot.

I think if they were to build a 5th theme park we may see the quality go down on the others as they try to keep up with 5 parks. 5 parks may be to much for Disney to handle with all the new Cast members they would need to hire.

Dedivah
06-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I would love to see them start back on Pop Century's Lengedary Years. Maybe getting in a few Family Suites!!

January-2007
06-16-2007, 05:06 PM
What the heck? Just fix the problem with the water at River Country and just open that up again, don't build a new one! It's a rumor so we're see what we shall see.

Lacy
06-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Disney has suprised us many times. Why not a combination of a themepark and a water park?

I personally would not like to see this. Reminds me too much of Six Flags. They all seem to be adding small water park portions to their theme parks (at least that is what they did at Six Flags over Georgia). There were many people wandering around the park in their swimming apparel. Since space is not a problem at WDW, I say keep the parks separate.

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I think 2 water parks is plenty. I would love another theme park, just not because it would be new and enjoyable, but because it would filter the crowds.