PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about water park

AvonleaCF
06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to go to a water park or not during my next (solo) trip.

I have a "day off" scheduled for the middle of my trip, and unless I'm completely worn-out and need a day to sleep in and just spend at my resort's pool, I would like to go to Typhoon Lagoon. I've been once before when I was younger and loved it, and really like water parks, but am just not sure if it's worth a day's admission.

I know September is a hot month, so that's not an issue. Does it usually rain in the mid-afternoon? Should I just wait to decide until I get there and see if rain is in the forecast?

Also how much are locker rentals? And do they give you a key or is it something else to open them? Since I'll be on my own I can't leave my belongings out in the open, so I'll have to rent a locker, but I want to know what type of key they give you so I'll be prepared on how to hold on to it. If it's a standard key does it have a hole on the top that can be put on a necklace?

And finally if I plan to go on a weekday in early September do you think I'll encounter large crowds?

Thanks!

PrincessCandaceMarie
06-15-2007, 04:21 PM
I always go to the water parks solo, its no big deal to me and I can relax, do what I want and enjoy the day. As for the weather, that's beyond your control, just have to wait and see; no clue on the crowds that depends; you can never really tell how they're going to be; as for the locker rentals, there are two sizes for different costs and you get a few dollars back (or whatever else they are promo-ing or marketing at the time) when you return the key.

WishingStar2006
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
That is going to be during free dining time so it may be more crowded than usual but even a crowded day at Typhoon Lagoon is a fun day....lots of space to accomdate people AND there's that much more people watching to do.

The key they give you for the lockers is on a little elastic band to wear on your wrist, ankle or kinda slip knot it to the strap of a bathing suit top.

You'll have a great day even if you just float in the lazy river all day!

ENJOY!

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
We love tl but I find the water parks exhausting.

thejens
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I would say go for it unless you are too tired. It drizzled a bit when we were there, but I think this actually helped diminish the crowds. I found it very relaxing (and I had four young boys with me!) But the resort pools are very relaxing too. You can't go wrong. Have fun!