PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Rides?

beksy
06-15-2007, 03:08 PM
In one place I read that CoP is open in October but everywhere else says that it is closed seasonally. :confused: My question is, is CoP going to be closed the 2nd week in October? What other rides are closed then "seasonally"? Thanks for your help!

NewmanFamily6
06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
This is a good question because we are going to go in January. I didn't think about seasonal operations. I will have to see what I can find out.

January-2007
06-15-2007, 04:31 PM
We were in WDW this past October and January and COP was operational at both times. I was really excited, because the last time I had been before this it had been closed. More things seem to be open these days, but alas, not Cranium Command...

Strmchsr
06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
COP says "seasonal" but it's almost always open. I don't know why they don't remove that "seasonal" tag. In fact, I can't remember going any time when it hasn't been operating.

WishingStar2006
06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
For a few years there I could never get the timing right for it to be open. I was there in summer, spring and even Thanksgiving and it wasn't open...this was in the 2003 - 2005 ish range. The last few years we've been there summer, Thanksgiving and October and it has ALWAYS been open. So guess you just can't tell. I do think that it's open more often now!

The only other things that I know are seasonal are the water parks but even those have been open in January when I've been there.

I'm disappointed that the Haunted Mansion will be closed for rehab when we are there in August...you would think they wouldn't do rehab during the summer!

Have fun!

beksy
06-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks so much! CoP is one of my favorites. I was hoping that it would probably be open. :cloud9:

Strmchsr
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm disappointed that the Haunted Mansion will be closed for rehab when we are there in August...you would think they wouldn't do rehab during the summer!

I think they felt having it open with all of the new stuff for Halloween and the MNSSHP in Sept. was more important than having it during the summer.

Jared
06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Carousel of Progress has been open regularly for a couple years. I didn't think Disney still gave the attraction a "seasonal" tag. I can say almost certainly that Carousel of Progress will operate in October.

AllDisney
06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
It took me to the post by Jared to figure out what COP stood for. Silly me.:blush:

This past December it was up and running. One of our favorites. Sure hope it will be open in Sept. when we are there to take advantage of free dining