PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef ?

Dyanna
06-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Can anyone who has had dinner here tell me about how long it takes you from sit down to walking out the door. We have a res at 6:50pm & was hoping to be out in time to watch Illuminations at 9pm. Would this be possible?

tyandskyesmom
06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
I would say to allow at least two hours. We have found that if we do not have an ADR for the first seating we have to wait a bit for a table. Also, they seem (and maybe it is just me I donno:confused:) to serve at a more laid back pace. Maybe you could mention to the waiter that you would like to make Illuminations and possibly he could speed it up a little for you. As long as you don't mind if you don't get the best seat in the house for Illuminations I think you could make it...but it would be close!

MsMin
06-15-2007, 02:16 PM
You should be out in time but the problem is finding a great spot to watch it if you are running late and the crowds are heavy. Our dinner was 1 3/4hr according to the time stamp on our photos before and after. We had 2 tables and most everyone got cocktails, appetizers and deserts so a fairly extensive meal (timewise). Our ressie was for 5:30 and we were seated almost immediately (barely had time to wash our hands) we came out and did Nemo, Turtle talk and TT and illuminations had started by the time we got out of TT.
So much depends on the crowds and the efficiency of the kitchen on that night. I think it's doable but you may not get the best viewing options and feel a little rushed. I would also let my waiter know you are trying to get out for a particular time. :fworks:

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I would think you should be out around 2 hours after wour ADR time. It usually takes 10-20 minutes to be seated and about 1.5 hours to eat. You may not get the best spot for Illuminations, but I don't think you'll have any problem seeing it.:mickey:

comicguy
06-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Both times that we have at at Coral Reef it was just about 2 hours from walking in (15 min wait) to walking out(once during free dining and once this past Jan

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 12:19 AM
The last two times I ate at Coral Reef, I got there about 10-15 minutes before our ADR's and still had to wait about 25-30 minutes. The meal took quite a while in that we enjoyed appitizer, main course, and dessert. The wait and meal easially took over two hours. There are never any gaurantees, but there's a chance you could make it to Illuminations, even if you're a little late.

snifflesmcg
06-16-2007, 04:24 AM
That should give you plenty of time. I have eaten at the Coral Reef twice. The first time we had a very large party (10 of us split into 2 tables) and the second, only my BF and I. The first time we were seating in about 15 min and the second, we were seated in about 5.....right next to the tank. However, both these ADR's were later in the night. I would say that you should have enough time. Enjoy Illuminations.

moe513
06-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I think you should have plenty of time. I would go alittle early and maybe they will take you early. After your seated I find the food always comes fast at disney because they want to accomadate alot of people. If your running late get the dessert to go and enjot it after illuminations.