PDA

View Full Version : silhouettes

wedway fan
06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
anyone know if there's still a stand in liberty square (or elsewhere, for that matter) doing silhouette profiles? had the older 2 kids done last trip, now need the third to complete the set!

GusNJacque
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes I do believe it is still there. There is also usually one on Main Street--as your looking at the castle about half the way down the street on the right hand side--tucked up in one of those little side streets. I had my picture done there as a little girl in the 70's. My parents also had them done and they hang on their bedroom wall. :mickey:

Dicecatt262
06-15-2007, 03:56 PM
There is a woman that does it in Downtown Disney in the Marketplace...she did a fantastic job, no wait, it was so quick and cheap!

wedway fan
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
thanks! great news...we'll start preparing the spot on the wall!

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:30 PM
We did it at Liberty square. She was still there in Aug. I did my 3 kids together. I love it.

GusNJacque
06-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Interestingly enough there was a story this am on the CBS Morning show about the return of the silhouette. They even interviewed a lady that worked at Disneyland as a silhouette artist.

If you can't find the story pm me and I'll tell you where you can find it.

doombuggy
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
There is a woman that does it in Downtown Disney in the Marketplace...she did a fantastic job, no wait, it was so quick and cheap!

The cart at DTD is usually staffed (except in inclement weather) during Marketplace hours, but the staff varies. There are several people who work the cart, including the owner, and they all do lovely work.

:mickey:

Dicecatt262
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
The cart at DTD is usually staffed (except in inclement weather) during Marketplace hours, but the staff varies. There are several people who work the cart, including the owner, and they all do lovely work.

:mickey:
I must have had the owner, she was showing me the book on Silhouettes she wrote! She was awesome, and I couldn't believe how quickly she cut them out. It was as easy to her as boiling water!

Jen66
06-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I cannot wait to get these this year. I not sure about how cheap though, we had a free caricature of the kids done at an Indians game a few weeks ago and it was so cute I had to have it framed. So about $75 later, I have an awesome pix of my kids on the wall in my office. I want the silhouettes in the same framing now--:blush: These inexpensive things always seem to cost me a lot of $$:D

Squeaky Mouse
07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
We had dd's and younger ds' cut at the cart in Liberty Square. They are very good but not as good as the one I had done of older ds by a paper artist here in town when he was little. The detail on older ds' is superb! However, I don't think anyone else would notice the difference except that I have the 3 grouped together.

DisneyDudet
07-01-2007, 11:27 PM
We had some done of me at DL last summer. They were $7 for a single, and you got two copies. If you add a character or another person, its a little extra. They had golden mickey's for the 50th, so I got them done with that... twice.. so i got 4. The frames are what can get you. You can frame them at home, but ours are oblong, so you need an oval shaped frame!

CandleontheWater
07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
My husband and I were planning on having ours done in Oct. I have one of my mother and I from when I was 5 years old, and I have one of my parents that they had done on thier honeymoon. I plan to hang them all together in my home. Its such a cool souvenier, one I think many people overlook! :mickey: