PDA

View Full Version : A bad three days

tink2006
06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
For the last three days we have been without water. You do not realize how much you use water on a daily basis. We have not been able to shower, do laundry etc. Our water line sprang a leak somewhere underneath our drive way. Of course, since it is our line, it is our bill. It is about 200 yards from the main city water connection to our house. We opted to put in a new line due to the potential age of the old line. At first they thought they could follow along the side of our drive way and burrow underneath the drive to our house. Well, long story short, they dug up part of my drive way yesterday. Hopefully we will have water by this evening (along with a hefty bill). Not only is it inconvenient to be without water, have your front yard all dug up and not be able to use your driveway it also hurts the pocket book to have an unexpected bill for a couple of thousand dollars.:sad:
Thanks for listening!

TigChatt
06-15-2007, 11:57 AM
WOW! Sending some :pixie: on getting the water fixed! Don't you hate stuff like that? :pixie:

Here we go again...
06-15-2007, 01:53 PM
You know, we have gone days... even a week at a time with no electricity thanks to hurricanes. One thing I have not had to do without for a long time is water.... That has to be extremely hard to deal with. Forget the showers, you can go to a family or friends house for that.... I would worry about the... ummm... "potty" situation.

I hope everything is fixed soon. And I hope for a lot smaller bill than you are expecting.
Good luck...

tink2006
06-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Update: We now have water :clappy: :trio:
the bill will follow ( hopefully a small one).

Forget the showers, you can go to a family or friends house for that.... I would worry about the... ummm... "potty" situation.
This was, by far, the hardest part!

Thanks for your encouraging thoughts!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh my! That stinks. No pun intended. I'm glad your fixed up and I hope it's not too expensive.

Marilyn Michetti
06-15-2007, 11:19 PM
That's happened to almost everyone on our street since 2000. Makes you wonder, huh?? The houses were all built in 1987, so whatever they used at the time only lasted around 12 - 15 years. As to what we did, I honestly don't remember. It had something to do with a bucket, I think.:blush:

I DO remember what we did without our AC last summer when it was 102 in Az. I put an ice chest beside the bed with water, blocks of ice, and washcloths. Every couple of hours I would wipe down with one of those cold cloths. After I washed my face and arms down, I would cool off all three dogs the same way. Funny thing,tho', the ice chest squeaked everytime I opened the lid, and after
a couple of times, the dogs would hear the squeak, and when I got a washcloth out, there would be three faces lined up, waiting for their turn. That, and fans, got us through.:D

We sure do miss our conveniences, don't we? Try to do without them to find out how much.:)

maizey05
06-16-2007, 02:39 AM
I can relate. We're on a water system with about 4 other homes. Last summer, due to leaks, the creek drying up etc. we were without water for about 1 1/2 months total. I was also prego, and running to the restroom all the time. That was NOT fun. Then, in Feb. I had my DS...wouldn't you know it, just after we got him home, the water was out again! It's about enough to make a person go crazy.

crazypoohbear
06-16-2007, 01:11 PM
WOW, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Thank goodness it's all set now except for the paying part:(