PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Park?

DisneyFreak23
06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Pick your favorite park in WDW, then post why you chose that park.

I pick MK because there is nothing more magical than walking down Main Street USA with the castle in view.

I'm sure it will be hard to choose from!:mickey3:

:stitch:

ibrowse17
06-15-2007, 10:32 AM
While I am fond of all the parks, I have to pick the MK. I guess it is because of the memories I have from our first trip in 1975, when our entire extended family went. It is the only time I can remember both sets of grandparents, and all the aunts, uncles and cousins from both sides of the family being together. I also feel the same about Ft. Wilderness for the same reason, as we all stayed there on that trip. I remember swimming in the lake:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
No problem for me to pick! I love them all, but the MK is where the magic lives!:mickey:

offero
06-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Tough choice I love and prefer EPCOT, but every trip has to begin and end at MK. In all fairness I would have to give it to MK.

lawgirl
06-15-2007, 11:01 AM
I love EPCOT b/c its so magical. Something in the air... We love nothing better than strolling around the lagoon at dusk, when all the torches and lights are just coming on.

The food in EPCOT can't be beat. Also, I love all the high-tech rides, SE, the land pavillion, mission to mars, etc.

GreenBeetle
06-15-2007, 11:13 AM
No contest . . . Magic Kingdom! For me, Magic Kingdom is what Disney is all about. I still get chills every time I look down Main Street at the castle.

The other parks all have their good points, but Magic Kingdom is the true heart of Disney. :mickey:

Eyore's Wife
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Epcot is definitely my favorite park. We try to end every day in Epcot when we go. I love the WS!

If it weren't for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, and Pirates of the Caribbean, I'd probably skip MK.

gauvin4
06-15-2007, 11:46 AM
While I love MK, my favorite is Epcot. I love to visit all the countries in the world showcase. I may never get to these countries in real life (every vacation I seem to end up at WDW!! I don't know how that happens!)!! :thumbsup::mickey:

DizNee143
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
as much as i love MK as a kid and i still really like it now..i have come to love Epcot more and more and so that is what i voted for!! :mickey:

SignguyTom
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
As of right now, I am the lone Disney Studios vote. MK would be a close second, but I am an AP holder for Disneyland and will always be partial to the charm of Walt's park.

I just dig the thrills (ToT, RRC) and the shows, (Fantasmic, B&B, LMA, VLM). In fact, we just bought into DVC at BWV because of the location.

Polynesian Dweller
06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Epcot because it is a bit more relaxed and the great restaurants. Its a nice way to get away from the hectic pace of the MK.

beksy
06-15-2007, 02:25 PM
No question about it, MK is my favorite. We always start the trip there, end the trip there, and usually end up there for a little while most days end between! Splash Mountain, BTMRR, PoTC, IASW, PP, CoP...for me this is Disney. No place else is more magical and can make me happy just thinking about it! :cloud9:

threeh
06-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow!!! I can't beleive EPCOT is winning.
My DH wanted to know if our next trip this winter could be EPCOT only!!!:mickey:
I said we may need a day or 2 at the other parks!!:thumbsup:

BritCody
06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
For me it is not even a question. It is the MK hands down

Shugoondola
06-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I picked Epcot as my favorite park. I really love it there. Magic Kingdom is a close 2nd.

:mickey:

January-2007
06-15-2007, 03:04 PM
I voted for MGM. Sure, the Magic Kingdom is what you think of when you think Walt Disney World, but it's always so busy there that something always seems to go wrong. I feel so relaxed at MGM, and there are so many great things there- the Muppets rock! So that's why I chose MGM, it's got great attractions and I always feel very relaxed there.

disneyfan369
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Magic Kingdom... it's what Disney means to me!

LandFan
06-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow - that's a tough one! I put MK because it just wouldn't be Disney without it but I love EPCOT and AK too - I'm not a fan of MGM though except for TOT and RnRC.

4ubie1
06-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I put in another vote for EPCOT. I absolutely love walking around WS. And the food...:eat: My family and I spend more time there than any where else mostly cause we get reservations at the different lands. Mk came in a close second purely for it's nostalgic feeling. And the magic there is unbeatable.:D

Rica
06-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Gotta be Magic Kingdom for me because I think it has the most Disney magic!

wjrhw
06-15-2007, 04:22 PM
On our past January trip my entire family and I agreed that we enjoyed Animal Kingdom more than any of the other parks. This changes over the years though. On our first family trip we decided EPCOT was our favorite. We love all the parks, so i will probably change my mind every trip depending on the time of year we go and what we encounter at each park.

DawsonAR
06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I really love all the parks. This is a very hard question. However, when I'm not with my kids, I want to spend the most time at EPCOT.

DNS
06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I picked AK. It has just in the past year or two moved into first place for me. I love the mystique and ambience.

grumpycajun
06-15-2007, 05:00 PM
My whole family would pick Epcot. There is just so much to do and see there. MK comes in a very close second.:mickey:

indytraveler
06-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Favorite Park... Studios and AK are getting votes? MK the one that started it all in Central FL.

Jared
06-15-2007, 05:56 PM
The Magic Kingdom may be the oldest park, but it is still the best park. Most of my favorite attractions are in Magic Kingdom, and the atmosphere is truly unbeatable anywhere outside of Disneyland.

Here is my full ranking:

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
2a. Animal Kingdom
4. Disney-MGM Studios

LoriMistress
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
It's a hard desision because each park is different, but I prefer MK. I think it's because it's the original and it reminds me of my second home (DLR.)

My DH would disagree and would choose Epcot.

Narawen
06-15-2007, 06:09 PM
MK is where the magic lives :mickey:

tadshome
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I chose Epcot because it was everything that I ever hoped that it would be. I used to dream of seeing spaceship earth every time the adverts came on television

In DLRP I had experienced Magic Kingdom and Disney studios but there is nothing like Epcot there and to experience it for the first time last year was truly amazing :cloud9:

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I chose MK. When you walk down Main St it's a feeling that is magical :magic: you become a kid again.

Then would come AK, MGM, & Epcot.

:vacation:Leaving in less than 7 days. Can't wait:yay:

EvilQueen2006
06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Epcot Is #1 for me. I love World Showcase. And I love how the monorail runs through the park. This park seems to be more what Walt envisioned. Mk is definately magical, but Epcot is what its all about for me.

larandtra
06-16-2007, 12:20 PM
In order-
MK- Classic park, great classic rides, shows, Wishes, Spectromagic. Its all good and nothing beats the magic of Main Street and that view of the castle.
EPCOT- Yes it needs to be updated and the new work on SE will help. If they just put something new in the old WOL pavillion and add another country to WS, it would really pick up steam. But, the Geosphere, the fountain, Illuminations, MS, TT, Soarin. Large park with plenty of places to cool off and room to walk. This is our relaxing park, as the pace always seems to be laid back.
AK- The way this park is built does require walking a ton and I am not a fan of that, but, with new attractions coming into play, the animals, the tree, and just the overall feel, we love this park.
Studios- Funny that the park with 3 of our favorite attractions and Fantasmic falls last. I think a lot of it is because the secondary attractions are not necessities, the park is very poorly laid out, and the place gets hot as can be with all that cement and little shade. This park needs a major amount of improvements to move it up the list.

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Picture this...Epcot @ dusk. The torch lights just beginning to glow. A softly lit SE reflecting across the WS lagoon. It's Oct. and the sound s & wonderful smells from the Food & Wine Festival waft along the gentle breeze. As we begin our quest to eat & drink our way "around the World" we catch the distinctive sounds of Off-Kilter in Canada. And as we arrive @ the UK, the unmistakable tunes of the British Invasion can be heard throughout the square. Our "travels" introduces us to the finest cuisines in the World. French, Moroccan, German, Japanese, Chinese, Norwegian, and as we end our too short but satisfying trip around the World, we find ourselves witness to the most incredible light show as a wonderful way to end our day. And all-to-soon, we must depart from this magical place. So we do so on a star-filled path that leads to our transporter. A rocket-in the sky that quietly glides us back to our home-away-from-home.:cloud9: And that, my fellow Intercoters, is why I choose Epcot!:thumbsup:

WDWgoofy
06-17-2007, 08:39 AM
For the first time ever, I now believe that EPCOT is my favorite park.

Now that I have reached 50 this park is exactly what I want. It is never crowded, has one-of-a-kind rides, great food, unique country experiences and wonderful performance and music:cloud9:.

True nothing compares to Main St USA, but the World Showcase and Future World at twilight are really special.:mickey:

HereWeGO
06-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Too difficult!!! Gotta choose MK- even though our favourite attraction at WDW is Fantasmic, MK does have that extra touch of Disney magic.
Epcot and MGM are equal contenders for 2nd place.
Of course, all this may change after our next trip!:chipdale:

RAIDER
06-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Epcot has always been favourite park :thumbsup:

Mickey91
06-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I love MK!!! To me, it is WDW!

Pocahontas
06-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Epcot gets my vote. We usually stay at DW for 7 days and the majority of the time is spent at Epcot. Nothing beats the world showcases.:thumbsup:

Marilynne Bolek
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Epcot is my favorite park. Our kids are grown and we like to enjoy our time at WDW without too many children. Epcot gives us the opportunity for fine dining, events like the Home and Garden Festival and Food and Wine. Our favorite ride "Soaring" is at Epcot. Staying at the Beach Club Resort and just walking back and forth to Epcot is so great.

1996 All Star Music
1997 All Star Sports
1998 Dixie Landings
1999 Coronado Springs
2000 Contemporary Resort
2001 Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk
2002 Beach Club, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge
2003 Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club
2004 Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge
2006 Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs
2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge

WDWfeelslikehome
06-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I picked Epcot, I just love the WS and all of the educational stuff that has always been there. Although if DW had answered she would have gone with MK, she could sit and stare at "Her Castle" for hours on end.;)

Natazu
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Nâhtazû
:pine:

Suz36
06-18-2007, 09:35 PM
MK for sure! It's become tradition to bookend our vacation there. The magic can't be beat, the looks on our kid's faces as they recognize all of their favorites, and just the transformation into a kid again myself! That first view of the castle is what I anticipate the most, and I'm so sad when I have to turn away from it at the end.

DisneyFreak23
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
MK for sure! It's become tradition to bookend our vacation there. The magic can't be beat, the looks on our kid's faces as they recognize all of their favorites, and just the transformation into a kid again myself! That first view of the castle is what I anticipate the most, and I'm so sad when I have to turn away from it at the end.

I know that feeling :( I wish i never had to leave!

jans2kids
06-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I chose AK even though there are not as many attractions there, the quality of the attractions are good. Lion King is the best show around, and I like DINOSAUR, EE, and KS. I have not been there to see the new NEmo show but I really like the Tarzan show that preceded it. The street entertainment are some of our favroites also, don't miss Smear Splat and Dip in Dinoland or the Karuka Acrobats at the Dawa Bar. Yes it does get beastly hot at AK but you can see most of these attractions in less than a full day and have time to rest before going to another park in the evening.

NYC WDW Fan
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I always vote EPCOT.

Magic Kingdom is magical, and the heart of the World, but I think EPCOT is magical in it's way as well. MK is magic in a fantasy way, it captures the fantastic and mythic.

EPCOT captures true human magic. The real magic we have created and still make when we put our minds to it, both culturally and technologically. I love exploring the history, culture and foods of the different nations. Having a drink in an English pub, enjoying the drummers in Japan and fine sushi, a French dessert, all show how much we offer each other. Yes, World Showcase holds more charm for me, but FutureWorld is growing on me, it's just tough to leave the showcase.

And I still haven't made it to the Food and Wine Festival. I'll never leave!!!!

mainemajor
06-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Epcot is my overall favorite park, but Magic Kingdom is the first park I go to on any visit to Disney World. Maybe because on my first three trips to Disney there was only the Magic Kingdom

RocknRoller94
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
EPCOT! There's nothing better than Epcot! It's so Magical and the dining is great!