PDA

View Full Version : What attraction NEEDS refurbishment?

DisneyFreak23
06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
What attraction, In your opinion, needs refurbishment/fixing/updating most?

Mor me, I think the audio-animatronics in Splash need to be touched up, not changed, just touched up, last time i went some of the Animatronics were looking pretty 'rough'. Thats my opinion, Whats Yours?

Let me know!!:mickey:

:mickey3:

:stitch:

Narawen
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
I think the rest of the AAs in PotC need to be touched up. Since they added Jack Sparrow it made me realize how old and stiff the other ones are.

WDWfanatic742
06-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Splash came off a refurb a few month's ago and the AA's looked alot better than before after it.

scoot241
06-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Space Mountain needs a big refurb to bring it up to speed with the DL version.

snifflesmcg
06-15-2007, 03:53 AM
I love the Carousel of Progress. I"d like to see that updated a bit or touched up. The theatre smelled a bit musty the last time I was in.

mrsgaribaldi
06-15-2007, 05:49 AM
I love the Carousel of Progress. I"d like to see that updated a bit or touched up. The theatre smelled a bit musty the last time I was in.

For sure:thumbsup: I know that Walt was directly involved with this one but it really needs to be updated. I crack up everytime they talk about the turn of the century;)

WDWgoofy
06-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I am glad that Spaceship Earth is being refurbished as it was in dire need.

Next, I believe Space Mountain needs to be up-dated and renewed.

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree with space mountain. It needs to be refurbished.

snifflesmcg
06-17-2007, 10:52 AM
For sure:thumbsup: I know that Walt was directly involved with this one but it really needs to be updated. I crack up everytime they talk about the turn of the century;)

Me too. I think "wasn't that a few years ago?" LOL.

dolphinmickey9170
06-17-2007, 11:16 AM

What is different about DL's SP? I didn't know there was a difference.

I have to agree here. While there in May I went into a sneezing fit because it was a moldy/mildew smell that just set off my allergies. As for the show, I wouldn't want to really change it.......Me and DH just love it.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2007, 12:26 PM
In March, the soundtrack for the Country Bears seemed to be very out of sync with the bears on stage. It was really hard to understand what they were saying. I think they need to change the sound system in the theater.

Gotta Love Eeyore
06-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree with the Bears, but also Journey over at Epcot, and a total redo of Stitch wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

EvilQueen2006
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I would like to see "Honey I Shrunk the Audiance" completely redone. Does anyone even know that movie anymore? How about a 3-D show staring Figment! It would go well in the pavillion and could bring Figment back as a classic Epcot character.

disney1026
06-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I completely agree with getting rid of "Honey I Shrunk the Audience". There have been a lot of Disney movies since then that could be utilized as a 4-D attraction.

I think more needs to be done with Journey into Imagination. I mean, it's the IMAGINATION pavilion and it isn't very creative...

I could also see Stitch go as well. I went on it once and was in pain the entire time because the bars were pinching my shoulders.

I am also waiting for the day when "Sounds Dangerous" is replaced with something a lot better. If they want to do something with sound, they should have audience members records all different kinds of sounds and make a movie. I've seen that attraction somewhere before and it was pretty fun.

johnO
06-17-2007, 01:54 PM
The ending scene in CoP needs to be updated. I agree that the movie in HIStA needs to be replaced. It looks so old. I also agree that many kids don't even know what HIStK is. I think it's a lot more difficult for Disney to keep "live action" movies current. If you think about it there's only a few that have lasted a long while. Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks.....

JoDisney
06-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I wish they would redo the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea area and make it a Nemo Submarine ride like in Disneyland. I know they have Nemo at Epcot, but it would be nice to have the submarines back in MK.

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
I wish they would redo the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea area and make it a Nemo Submarine ride like in Disneyland. I know they have Nemo at Epcot, but it would be nice to have the submarines back in MK.
I would have liked that too, but since the lagoon area of 20,000 leagues has been filled in, that possibility has been dashed. :(

For me the ride at WDW that needs a refurbishment the most is Space Mountain. I went on it last week and while still fun, it is nowhere near the ride that Disneyland has now. And talk about rough! It could be called Backbreaker or Ribcracker Mountain now. ;)

Donald A
06-17-2007, 06:35 PM
1) Space Mountain: I think that this attraction could use some work. It is a classic, but could just be updated a little.

2) The Wonders of Life: This is prime Disney space. Certainly they could come up with something.

3) Kali River Rapids: I have been on better water rides of this type at local amusement parks. I really think they could improve this to have more theming.

4) Imagination: I like Figment and would like him to stay but I believe this ride needs updated. Perhaps more animatronics could be used.

5) Malestrom: The ride itself is great but the waiting area is without any theming. Perhaps they could show the movie in the waiting area sorta like the Great Movie Ride instead of the end. I skip through the movie everytime.

6) Dinoland USA: This just doesn't make any sense with the overall atmosphere of the Animal Kingdom Park.

7) The Indiana Jones Stunt Show: I would like it to be changed. The concept is good but maybe some new stunts and less discussion during the show would make it better. When the plane explodes that is cool, but some of the fight scenes are hard to see in such a large showplace.

dixielandings
06-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Space Mountain for sure. The DL version has a smokin' soundtrack and a whole bunch of new lighting effects. DH and I came off Space at WDW last year, having been to DL just before, and actually thought, "man, that was kinda boring". Which hurts me, b/c it's always been my favorite ride anywhere. I still love it but it needs the DL treatment.

I also agree that CoP needs some TLC - I don't necessarily think they need to change the show (it's Walt's, after all - the history and nostalgia is part of it) but the carpet, seats, and sound system all need improvement.

Juniorunc2001
06-18-2007, 10:13 AM
COP. I really think this ride needs to be updated.
It just needs a bit small update, and it will be great again.

Mickey91
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
The Wonders of Life Pavilion needs to be reopened. A slight update of the Cranium Command, a bit smoother Body Wars, the exibit in the middle could be updated and kept in working order. Even bring back the healthy snack counter. Disney could do a lot with this pavilion.

HISTA needs some attention. It has been there longer than any of its predecessors. Imagination with Figment needs Dream Finder. What a cool ride that was! And, since all the cool stuff from Imagination is still on the second level, they could dust it off and open that level back up. I want to go through the rainbow tunnel!:mickey:

Jared
06-18-2007, 10:34 AM
In the Magic Kingdom, I want something brand new where Stitch's Great Escape! currently resides. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway could use a refurbishment, too.

Epcot currently has too much empty space. I won't even discuss the Odyssey Restaurant right now, but Wonders of Life cannot remain dormant.

The DIsney-MGM Studios needs something to do besides the two thrill rides on Sunset Boulevard.

Animal Kingdom is perfect right now outside of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.

Disney4
06-18-2007, 12:53 PM
What is different about DL's SP? I didn't know there was a difference.

DL gutted and rebuilt SM from the ground up inside. It has two versions - regular and "Rockin' "

It also plays the SM music. I have never heard it at the WDW ride.

Chrisx2
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Magic Kingdom- Country Bears certainly need a new sound system and touching up. I think the ride that needs refurb the most is Peter Pan. The paint job is fading fast and being across from the new and shiny it's a small world just makes it more obvious.

EPCOT- Wonders of Life either needs to be updated or replaced. I get so sad when I see it now. I am also hoping a new movie comes soon for Canada.

Studios- Sounds Dangerous is still open...:confused:

AK- I wish they would do something different with Conservation Station/Rafiki's Planet Watch. Especially that train ride...

LoriMistress
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM

100% agree with you.

NewmanFamily6
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
When we were there in Dec I noticed that Peter Pan could use a little love. Some of the paint needs a touch up and the gum and other trash not so nice patrons left could be picked up:mad:

WDWfanatic742
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I really don't think that COP needs a refurb as much as everyone thinks it does as by my last trip everything was working fine and normal. I could maybe see them update the different inventions and AA's to make them look more normal when moving. I just wish I could figure out why every time I go on it we always seem to get stuck in a scene for at least 1 extra sequence.

SBETigg
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Last time we were there, we thought Jungle Cruise could use a little touching up here and there, and maybe some new jokes to go in with the old.

Iluvpooh
06-18-2007, 11:07 PM
The Speedway most definatley. A new "Cars" theme could be just what it needs!! It takes up such a large chunk of park, it should either be redone or bulldozed for prime "real estate"

RAIDER
06-19-2007, 03:37 AM
I think the speedway needs a massive overhaul, maybe if they changed the cars to the ones in the movie "cars" and possibly make it electric then it may give it more of a disney feel :mickey::thumbsup:

moe513
06-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Jungle Cruise and Honey I shrunk tha audience.

LandFan
06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Country Bears! They are starting to look and sound pretty rough!

They should really do something with the WOL pavillion. What a waste of potential...

The backlot tour - there really isn't anything interesting left on it - the water canyon/truck thing and the intro... other than that it's pretty empty!

Fix JII and reopen/fix the rest of the pavillion - I miss the rainbow tunnel and the music squares you could dance on.

sly1
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
They could totally scrap Narnia at MGM. That is the absolute worst attraction we have ever been in. We did it for the first time this trip a few weeks ago. We had family with us this time so we had a wide spectrum of age groups including boys and girls from age 5 to 35 and everyone hated it. Boooooring.

future_imagineer
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Space Mountain needs to be gutted and re-created from scratch, like Disneyland's was.

Also, they really need to expand CoP; the problem is that there are only a limited number of places to put scenes.

And of course, it is hard to refurb major rides at WDW, unlike DL, because many more people at WDW are on once-in-a-lifetime-esque vacations, and would be a lot more angry with a shutdown E-ticket than someone with an AP to Disneyland who lives in SoCal already and can come back next weekend.

4ubie1
06-19-2007, 11:07 AM
For MK: I absolutely love the Tomorrowland area but for some reason it, it is sorely lacking compared to others. Almost felt empty last time i was there. Space Mt, CoP, and Indy Speedway need to be updated and something exciting and new put in somewhere.

For EPCOT: Please bring back some of the attractions closed. Horizons, World of Motion. I know they destroyed some but maybe something similar..I miss thee!! :cry:

For MGM: Please fill in all the vacant places. Other than ToT and RnRC, I really didn't see much going for this park.Oh..and the muppets :kermit: but that could use a rehab.

JPL
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I just Posted my top 2 candidates over in News

Jungle Cruise and CBJ in Bad Shape (http://http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107845)

As Far as the Studios goes they can keep sunset Blvd and level the rest of the place and start over. The park is filled with bored confused people looking for attractions and things to do. The other RNRC was down and that pretty much left TOT with an unmanageable line. The rest of the park aside from the GMR and the area around Star Tours Weekend activities was dead.

dixielandings
06-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Are you telling me that the 2nd story "playroom" is still there at JII?!???!!! And all we have for a payoff for riding the pretty-much useless ride is the Kodak infomercial?!??

GIVE ME BACK THE RAINBOW TUNNEL! AND THE BIG PIN BEDS!!!

LibertyTreeGal
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
After going to DL, I'd have to say HM and SM... and unrefurb the Tiki Room :thumbsup:

smartinez1
06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I vote for COP and Peter Pan.

disneydeb
06-19-2007, 12:44 PM
How much would it take for Speedway to turn into a Cars attraction? It would be a lot more fun. Rezone the property and extend Fantasyland borders through the attraction. Its sort of in no man's land between Fantasy and Future land anyway.

DawsonAR
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Space Mountain. I'm glad to see Spaceship Earth getting an update. I love the ride.