PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3

elmjimmlm
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I read on another site that TS3 is going to be about Buzz being recalled to Tawain...anyone know when it will be released?

dw2649
06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Sometime in 2010, according to Lee Unkrich, the film's director (Lasseter is not directing the film this time around). The exact date has not yet been set but I would look for an approximate date around 1 year before the actual release.

Edited to add: Michael Arndt, who wrote Little Miss Sunshine, is writing the screenplay for Toy Story 3, according to Variety. So it is very unlikely that the Buzz Lightyear recall storyline will be used.

mtown71
06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Hmmm..thanks for the info..didn't hear about this one. It will be interesting to see what kind of storyline they come up with.

LibertyTreeGal
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
It's important to note that the recall storyline was pre-Disney/Pixar merger. It was a storyline developed by Disney, and recent history has shown that it probably wasn't very good.

WDWFREAK101
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I personally think that Toy Story should have ended at number 2.

It is very, VERY hard to do 2 great movies and then have a third movie released 11 years later.

cetacean01
06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
This is my idea:
Toy Story- all the toys rescue Buzz
Toy Story 2 - all the toys rescue Woody
Toy Story 3 - all the toys need to rescue Andy, who realizes the toys are alive and never throws them away thus tying things up neatly and saving the world from an inevitably awful Toy Story 4.:mickey:

Crow
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
It's important to note that the recall storyline was pre-Disney/Pixar merger. It was a storyline developed by Disney, and recent history has shown that it probably wasn't very good.

yes.
havent heard any details since the merger other than its back on track but being done by Pixar

LibertyTreeGal
06-30-2007, 02:41 PM
This is my idea:
Toy Story- all the toys rescue Buzz
Toy Story 2 - all the toys rescue Woody
Toy Story 3 - all the toys need to rescue Andy, who realizes the toys are alive and never throws them away thus tying things up neatly and saving the world from an inevitably awful Toy Story 4.:mickey:

Toy Story 4 -- Andy develops a desire to be a world class chef, and Rex hides under his hat teaching him to cook. Mayhem descends when, unbeknownst to Andy, Hamm hides under his hat instead, spewing out endless bar trivia and refusing to cook pork. ;)

WDWFREAK101
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Toy Story 4 -- Andy develops a desire to be a world class chef, and Rex hides under his hat teaching him to cook. Mayhem descends when, unbeknownst to Andy, Hamm hides under his hat instead, spewing out endless bar trivia and refusing to cook pork. ;)

In Toy Story 5, Buzz, Rex, Mr.Potatoe Head, the Aliens, and Slinky drive a car (like they did in Toy Story 2) and they end up missing an exit and end up on Route 66 and crash through a town because Rex told Buzz the wrong way. Each of there fates are having to clean up the town. Andy comes and rescues them after everybody has made friends. Everyone is sad but then Andy gets too grown up for his toys and then he drives them to the town they had been in before and leaves them in a box.

Thus ending of the Toy Story Saga.

jakeofwildwood
07-04-2007, 04:38 PM
As sad as it seems I think a "time to put the toys in the attic" movie may be right. Sort of a so long for now, but at the end have Andy voice (to a black screen) saying "Hey son, I have something for you to play with." and have the blackness open up as if viewed from inside a storage box. Sort of go with a circle of life for the toys.

splashtest
01-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Anyone have any information on Toy Syroy 3? I know it is coming to theaters summer 2010, but that is all I know.

Thanks

dw2649
01-23-2008, 05:00 PM
See this past thread:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107484

locodemickey
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I know, I know, but I can't tell:secret:;)

DisneyDog
01-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I lOVE the idea of having Andy open up the box, years later, for his son. That's a great idea, and so sweet!

Jared
01-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Agreed. That would be a perfect ending to the trilogy. It would leave open the possibility of a fourth installment, but I hope Disney leaves Woody and Buzz behind after 2010 and let them live on forever in history.

It's so hard to make a good sequel, yet "Toy Story 2" may have even been better than "Toy Story." To make three equally astounding pictures seems impossible, but Pixar hasn't missed yet. My least favorite Pixar film so far is "Cars," and that's a pretty darn good move in its own right.

Here's hoping lighting strikes thrice, and "Toy Story 3" only enhances an absolutely brilliant franchise.

Mufasa
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Disney to re-release Pixar franchise

By Marc Graser
Variety
January 24, 2008

The Mouse House is giving Pixar’s “Toy Story” franchise the 3-D treatment.

As part of an aggressive move by the studio to convert its toons to 3-D, company will convert “Toy Story” into the format and re-release the pic in theaters on Oct. 2, 2009. Its sequel will get the same makeover and bow Feb. 12, 2010.

The re-releases lead up to the opening of the newest adventure for Woody, Buzz Lightyear and their toy pals set to appear in “Toy Story 3,” slated for June 18, 2010. It will also be shown in 3-D. Lee Unkrich (co-director of “Toy Story 2”) is helming.

Studio said John Lasseter, who directed the first two “Toy Story” pics, and serves as chief creative officer for Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, will oversee the creative side of the 3-D conversions for “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2.”

The Mouse has become the latest studio to push the 3-D format, especially with its animated fare, as a way to lure more auds into theaters.

And for good reason. Studio’s seen strong numbers from its releases that have received the 3-D treatment, such as Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “Chicken Little” and “Meet the Robinsons.” For example, of “Robinsons’” $97.8 million domestic haul, $30.4 million came from 3-D runs.

Disney’s upcoming “Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert,” toon “Bolt,” performance-capture adaptation of “A Christmas Carol,” the stop-motion pic “Frankenweenie” and live-action/performance capture combo “Alice in Wonderland” will also be distributed in 3-D.

DisneyTwirler13!
01-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Anybody heard if it's true that John Ratzenburger is not reprising his role as Hamm because the film is not under the direction of Pixar? (For those of you who don't know, John Ratzenburger has been in every Pixar movie to date. He even made fun of himself in the little short after Cars. (Ratzenburger even has his own show "John Ratzenburger's Made in America", where he goes around and shows products made in America. Really good, you should check it out!:thumbsup:))

WDWFREAK101
01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Anybody heard if it's true that John Ratzenburger is not reprising his role as Hamm because the film is not under the direction of Pixar? (For those of you who don't know, John Ratzenburger has been in every Pixar movie to date. He even made fun of himself in the little short after Cars. (Ratzenburger even has his own show "John Ratzenburger's Made in America", where he goes around and shows products made in America. Really good, you should check it out!:thumbsup:))

I hope he is! I love that guy! I also love his show!