PDA

View Full Version : What is Better?

elmjimmlm
06-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Coral Reef or Ohana? What is your favorite?

katzctkpt
06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Can't answer you yet on Coral Reef but, will let you know in 14 days after we eat there. Ohana was ok imo wouldn't go there again not crazy about the wood smoked taste on the meats.

pox24
06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
O'Hana's is far superior. Coral Reef has great atmosphere but the food is expensive and portions are small.

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I prefer the food at Coral Reef. I also like the atmosphere with the huge aquarium! It's a really cool place! I love watching the sharks swim around while eating!:mickey:Ohana on the other hand has good food and the characters are great! For children, it may be better. It's hard for me to compare because they are so different from each other! I'm sure you will enjoy either, I know we did!:mickey:

r4kids
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Atmosphere is cool at Coral Reef, it seems more for adults but food is good. It is also expensive. We LOVE Ohana. We go everytime we visit Disney.:mickey:

SurferStitch
06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
DH and I did both for the very first time this past December, and we are repeating 'Ohana this year.

Coral Reef was great. We had a table right next to the tank. Food was very good, as was the service. Portions were not small at all. I couldn't begin to finish everything, and neither could DH (and we've been known to pack it away pretty good :thedolls:).

That being said, we liked 'Ohana more. The food was fantastic, along with our server. It was such a friendly, happy atmosphere. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary, so we were asked to dance while a gentleman sang Blue Hawaii along with a couple on their honeymoon. I even participated in the hula lesson. Very cool.

I'm sure we'll dine at the Coral Reef again, just not this upcoming trip.

threeh
06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I haven't eaten at Coral Reef in a long time, but I really like Ohana's. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
06-15-2007, 03:37 PM
After years of reading dining posts, I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I really do not like O'hana's, and I really do like Coral Reef.

I keep scratching my head wondering what I'm "missing" at O'hana's. :scratch: The meat skewers just don't do it for us...

Coral Reef - we've never had any of the bad experiences that so many Intercotees have had! Again, I just wonder what it is! :confused:

They are 2 very different places with unique atmospheres. And my presumption is that these restaurants, like everything else in life, can bring out many different opinions in different people.

Good luck with what you decide! :mickey:

Disney Doll
06-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Ohana is way way better than Coral Reef. We've tried both and my entire family prefers Ohana. We won't be going back to Coral Reef. The atmosphere was great, but the food was just so so. Ohana has both great atmosphere and great food! We plan to eat at Ohana on every trip from now on. Ohana also seems more family friendly with the activities for kids. If you can get a dinner reservation during Wishes, Ohana is magical!

Vinny
06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Although we have not eaten at Coral Reef, we did try Ohana for the first time last wee on our trip. It turned out to be one of the top dining experiences we have had in all our years of going to WDW. Ohana is a true Disney experience from start to finish. The best part of the meal IMO are the chicken wings and the 4 different types of kabobs (beef, pork, turkey and sausage). The bread pudding with ice cream for desert is very good too. The server were all very helpful and attentive to our table and the quality of food is very good too. The entertainment while dining was also fun to watch. While the prices at both restaurants are a little higher, I just think Ohana gives you a better value because you will not have to worry about looking at the menu and selecting just one dish. At Ohana you can have all that you want. Happy planning and have a good trip!!

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
We liked them both and are going back to them both on our next trip. They are very different.

tadshome
06-15-2007, 06:20 PM
The food at Ohanas is great :thumbsup:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Both of these resturants are in my top 5. I don't think I could choose between them, it all depends what I'm in the mood for at the time. Right this minute the edge goes to Ohana's.

Natazu
06-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I had to think about this for like ten minutes. Luckily, I don't really work or anything. I have to say 'Ohana mostly because I always feel like eating there. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for Coral Reef (sorry, Chef Shane).