PDA

View Full Version : CA Grill

llamaface
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
OK, I followed everyone's advice about the Grill and made my ADR for there this afternoon. The CM I spoke with asked if there was something special going on on 10/3, because he had 5 requests for the same date. :confused: Anyway, there was a 7:40 available - do you think that is to early - are we going to miss the fireworks?

thejens
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
You will love California Grill. I highly recommend starting your meal with a glass of wine and the cheese tray. Take your time and relax Then order your appetizers. Don't forget dessert. If you want to watch the fireworks from your table go a little early and ask for a table by the window facing MK. Even if you don't get it, during the show you can get up and look and they play the music. Are the fireworks at 10:00 when you go? If so I think your timing is fine. Or if you finish earlier, you can see them better from the observation deck. I personally like to see the fireworks on Main Street and prefer CG for the food.

Bruegge
06-15-2007, 12:54 PM
CG is worth the time and money or credits.....

Sushi was great, if you like wine pick two glasses and they will let you sample each before you pick. great way to expand on your "favorites" list.

In the restaurant business 15-18% of total dollars spent on wine is a good average... CG is near 30%.. they will sell you a glass of wine as quick as a glass of water... Huge assortment by the glass... Huge...

I bet you'll love it. It's hard not to.

FYI ... Narcoosee's on the water at Grand Floridian is a gem also

Scott

Natazu
06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
No special event at CG on 10/3 that I know of. Their Signature Dinner is usually on a weekend.

Wishes is at 9pm that night, a 7:40 ADR is just about right to have dessert around fireworks time.

Chernabog1326
06-17-2007, 04:57 PM
To echo what was said earlier, take your time relax and enjoy the atmosphere. If you tell your servers you want to go out onto the observation deck to watch the fireworks, they can make arrangements to hold back whatever course they were preparing for you until the fireworks are over. It is quite a different perspective from up there. you get a pretty good overall view of the MK, but because they shoot the fireworks off to the right of the park, they do not appear at the proper angle. still, all in all it is something different and memorable. Enjoy!!

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Favorite resturant in WDW along with Brown Derby. You will love the atmosphere and food. Enjoy! You will still be able to see the fireworks.