PDA

View Full Version : August 27 HELP!!!!!!!! Everything is booked!

Suzibell1968
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok, I have dilly dallyied so long on finishing my ADRs that now everything is booked for dinner for a party of 5 for August 27 :(

I just got off the phone with a list of 8 asking for a dinner reservation 5p-6:30p for a party of 5....
Cape May
Boma
Gullivers (not on DDP)
Yachtsman (2 TS, no thanks)
Big River Grille (not on DDP)
Spoodles
Ohana
Boatwrights

I did get a 5:10p at Boatwrights but I am not too hip on eating there. I only had it on my list because it is at our resort (POR). So we do at least have an ADR for that night. I want the kids to bed early that night for a good night's sleep because we have P&PP the following night. It is a kid's choice morning, so we can go anywhere in the evening.

Where else should I try? Or do you think we will be happy at Boatwrights?

It is my own fault for waiting so long and now with free dining, forget it :mad:

Any suggestions?

thanks!!!

moe513
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Did you try a late lunch instead of dinner?

mousaholic
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
[
Big River Grille (not on DDP)

According to the WDW website the Big River Grille is on the DDP, but you cannot make reservations there. We are planning on dining there but we do have a backup reservation at Spoodles later that night (nearby) which we can cancel.

Good luck finding a place - some restaurants do serve lunch until 5:00 (for example - the Turf Club at SSR).

tinksmom02
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I think you'll be OK at Boatwrights. You have a LOT of good ADR's planned (I read your other post), and your family might want a quiet dinner at the resort. You could take them to the arcade for a little while, or a carriage ride, or maybe that piano guy will be around that night.

We ate breakfast and lunch at Boatwrights. Breakfast was fantastic, lunch was decent.

Anyway, I think if you're looking for an early night in, staying at your resort is the easiest way to accomplish that.

Other than that, you might want to try Boma's, I heard a lot of good things about it, and your family could spend some time exploring the resort.

HTH!

Maleficent's Dad
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
One slight correction here - you cannot make traditional ADR's at Big River, but you can make reservations (of the more traditional variety) 24 hours in advance. You have to make them by either calling direct (I don't have the number, sorry) or by walking up to the podium a day or less in advance.

Good luck with the ressies. :mickey:

KAT1811
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
From what I hear on here Boma and O'hana are fabulous. We are trying O'hana on our next trip (9/12 - 9/23). They have games for the kids and Lapu Lapu's for the adults!!! :lei: :papple:

ElenitaB
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
We've had some nice dinners at Boatwright's and it's nice to have a quiet evening during your trip, just to sit back, share impressions and enjoy each other's company. It might be an opportunity to enjoy the resort, have a leisurely swim and if you still want to get out and about after dinner, you can always hop on the boat over to DTD. I'm sure the kids would love to make their own creations at Goofy's Candy Company.

And BTW, we've had the nicest CMs wait on us at Boatwright's.