PDA

View Full Version : Advice on MVMCP

Rica
06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
I will be attending MVMCP on Dec. 21 with my DH and two DS (3 and 8 yrs. old). We have ADR's at Liberty for 6:00. Could everyone please share any advice, tips, must do's, things to avoid? Is it worth going to MK mid-afternoon to get in a few things? It will be our first day of our trip in the parks. Don't hold back; let me have it. We can't wait. :santa::santa:

CaptSmee
06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Not sure...but it'll probably be very busy that close to x-mas! I would get there in the early afternoon it it were me.

luvdiznee
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
The way we did it when we went last year, was we had a dining ressie at Crystal Palace at 4 or so. It was our arrival day so we didn't enter the park any earlier nor would we have, since we had to pay separate for the MVMCP tix. For us, no need of using two tix. Whatever souvie wise you want with the MVMCP lingo on it get it that night. Save room for the yummy cookies and hot chocolate. Lines for rides should be good since park is closed to everyone else not attending the party. Just relax have a great time.

AssumedIdentity
06-15-2007, 08:27 AM
The Friday right before Christmas? I'd expect it will be packed solid. Get there as soon as you can - they often let MVMCP ticket holders in as early as 4pm. And if you can move your dinner ADR up a little earlier, do so. Eat as early as you can so you aren't spending time eating when you could be watching the shows, etc! (We did a 4:30 ADR at LTT last year, worked out great to eat and get done in time for the first show of Mickey's Night Before Christmas.) Get to the shows early, especially the Night Before Christmas, due to the small theater, and the earlier the better. If you can do the late parade or fireworks, ride the bussier rides during the first parade/fireworks while the lines are shorter. A lot of people will then leave, allowing you better/easier seating for the late performances. We stayed until around 12:30 a.m. last year and got to ride everything in the park we wanted at least twice, but we were there on a Thursday earlier in the month.

LoriMistress
06-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I would arrive at the park by 3:30pm. If there are any rides that you want to ride on, ride them from 3:30pm to 5:30pm...afterwards arrive at your ADR by 5:30pm...they will most likely let you be seated earlier.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2007, 08:18 PM
If you weren't going to get there until 330pm as posted above, I'd wait until 4pm and see if you can get in with just your MVMCP ticket. They do only sell a limited amount of tickets so it won't be as crowded as, say, New Year's Eve.
The parade was really cute when we went. They were taking free pictures at that time too. I forget where exactly but it was somewhere near Aloha Isle. I don't know if they still do that.
And great fireworks too!