PDA

View Full Version : Maelstrom film update?

brianjdu4
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I have not been on the Maelstrom boat ride for awhile. Did they change the film for this attraction?

Doug The Disney Man`
06-14-2007, 05:12 PM
My mom just returned and told me that they just ushered everyone through the theatre with no showing of the movie. I guess I'll see when I go down in 3 weeks!

SgtTigger
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I can tell you that we have not seen the movie in a few years.....

Most people just walk through without stopping..........

:cop: :tigger:

ILoveLegos
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
One night in January, my party of four sat down to watch the movie during the evening EMH. We were quite tired and welcomed the rest. Eventually other groups sat down too but many passed on through. We waited and waited - watching people trying to decide whether to stay or not. That was quite amusing in itself. Two people in our group even exited the theatre after a while to go back towards the ride side to sit by the window to listen to the "Norweigen Conversation" coming from "inside the house". They though it was really neat to discover this level of detail in the attraction, but they watched to scoot towards the doors incase the movie started while they "eaves dropped". They couldn't decide if the couple was angry with one another or not from their voice inflection but enjoyed the conversation loop a few times. When they returned to the theatre they were kinda excited about their "discovery" and were really in the mood for the movie at this point and so were we (which neither of them had ever seen as it was their first visit to this attraction. By this time, quite a few people had stopped for a while and eventually wondered through - but we kept waiting. I know that it is not a popular movie with many - but like the Vikings - in a Hagar the Horible way! Plus I enjoy many of the scenes and the music score. I like seeing the guy sleeping holding the paint brush, the little old lady walk to her house (she reminds me of a neighbor I knew growing up). Also I like seeing the ballerinas, the scientist in the boots and the lab coat and the one kid belt the other kid in the stomach in the museum - and my favorites the ski jump and horse drawn sled. Anywho, we were really anxiously awaiting the movie for over 20 minutes easily - when finally a cast member came out and said, "I'm sorry we are not showing the film tonight". He then just walked away and disappeared through a door. We were sort of disappointed - we just kinda sat there and watched everyone get up and leave - then it all must of hit our funny bone that we sat there so long and so wanted to see the movie - that we started giggling and that turned into laughter and finally we were hysterically laughing so hard - it was better than the movie, (did I mention that we were a little punchy and tired)? Anywho - we left the atraction in the best mood and basically everything that happened after that was halarious to us (though we kept it all our little "inside joke") ... I guess you had to be there - but I swear, we didn't drink any alchohol that night - we got the giggles purely from waiting waaayyy too long for the Spirit of Norway Movie!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

January-2007
06-15-2007, 01:55 PM
The movie was playing in May when we were there. It wasn't playing on our other recent trips though... It was the old movie. I thought it was fun, made me want to go to Norway. I hope the movie is playing when we go in September. We really like the ride. So do a lot of other people based on the long lines we see for it, got to love the Fast Pass!

lindique
06-15-2007, 05:38 PM
To those of you who are going to see the movie sometime soon - take a look at the computer in one of the scenes. It looks like it belongs in the Smithsonian!! :D I like the movie too - it just needs a few changes.

Jared
06-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Guests were ushered through the theater without the movie in January. We didn't ride Maelstrom in May.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-15-2007, 08:23 PM
They don't run the movie during EMH, or haven't any of the times we've been there. I haven't waited to see during the regular park hours to see if they still show it...with a little one it doesn't hold his interest enough yet to take time to watch.

I agree it needs some updating, as does the Circlevision movie in Canada...I've always enjoyed them both and would love seeing a current incarnation of them.

Crow
06-15-2007, 09:31 PM
i went during EMH and it wasnt showing
O Canada is being updated and supposedly will b replaced by the end of Aug, so i hope to see it in Sept

Bobby T
06-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Not aware of any changes...and I do enjoy the movie if I don't have to wait 20 minutes for it. :blush:

(although, they could adjust the volume for some of the earlier scenes)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-16-2007, 10:31 AM
We used to walk right through and leave. We watcghed the movie once a few years ago and now stay every time. My kids actually enjoy it.

I wonder if there are any updates? We will know in September. :mickey:

mainemajor
06-22-2007, 07:21 PM
It's been 10 years since i stopped to watch it. The croud just goes right through