PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Musical, Times and Lines -- What Can I Expect?

Hoboken_NY
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Can anyone help with the following:

1. Confirm the times for Finding Nemo the Musical.

2. Provide any color on what lines have been like the past few weeks and when we should start queing up. (We will be in AK on Monday 6/25.)

3. Can I get in line while my wife lets the kids play in the Dino sand pit and then they join me closer to the show?

Thanks so much,
Mike P.

WDWfanatic742
06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
People were lining up over 2 hours before show time on Sunday. You are going to need to line up at least an hour before the showtime that you want to see. I don't know for sure about number 3, but you should be able to as long as someone from your family is in that spot the entire time.

Goes4FastPass
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
We were at FNTM last Saturday (Jun 9)

The line was so long we joined it at the large orange dinosaur. That was fully 30 minutes before the show start. We wondered if we would get in. We were actually in the first row of the upper section stage right side. The theater holds many people.

What you describe sounds like saving a place in line which you just can't do at WDW. The park maps are very explicit, they even specify leaving the line to go to the bathroom, "...take care of that before getting in line...". The simple truth is, if dad could wait in line for his family every line would consist of group 'representatives' holding a place for their group until the last minute.

Many times, parents think families should get different treatment (I'm not at all saying you do). I know our 7 YO hates standing in line at least as much as adults do. It was a chuckle. At the airport, they called our flight and as usual, "...people requiring assistance..." A family immediatly stepped up, "We're traveling with small children." The gate agent gestured toward the crowd and answered, "This is a flight to Orlando, everyone is traveling with small children."

Bottom line. I think if you arrive 30 minutes (Times Guide says 45) before the show even if the line seems to go on forever you will still get in. It's probablt the best live show at WDW.

CaptSmee
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Times last week were: 11:30, 1:00, 3:15, 4:45. We arrived at the show about 45 minutes early, were seated within 15 minutes but the theater was definitely filled to capacity and i'm sure they had to turn people away. It is very popular, and given the time of year I'd give it an hour prior to showtime to queue up.

Carol
06-15-2007, 07:10 AM
3. Can I get in line while my wife lets the kids play in the Dino sand pit and then they join me closer to the show?I wouldn't do that. How are the Cast Members supposed to know just how many people are 'in line' if not everyone is accounted for???

jefmblrd
06-15-2007, 07:26 AM
We were there in April and bypassed the show a few times due to long lines. On our last day at AK, we resigned ourselves to the fact that if we wanted to see it, we would just have to wait in a long line. We were there an hour early , were fairly close to the front of the line, and basically had our pick of seats once we got in. The show is fantastic and well worth the wait.

Disney4
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
We were there an hour early , were fairly close to the front of the line, and basically had our pick of seats once we got in.

Question about this:

Does this show load like Muppets, Bug, or others where they push you across the rows to fill the theater? Or, do they allow you to sit wherever you want?

Goes4FastPass
06-15-2007, 12:05 PM
They try to load by sections and encourage people to "fill-in" but the seating is divided into 4 sections across the lower portion of the theater (center is split by a runway) and 3 across the upper section. This is unlime Muppets, TTbaBug, Phil etc, where seating is single rows all the way across.

MsMin
06-15-2007, 01:24 PM
When we were there in Dec. we got in line about 15 min before show time but were close to the end of line relative to who got in. They were already filling the theater. The crowds are lighter mid wk in Dec. and I wouldn't recommend waiting that long. My parents were in line long before us(we didn't cut the line to join them) fortunately they were in EVC's and when we got in they opened the handicap section to everyone to fill in seats and we got to sit with them! Again mid summer and heavy crowds you won't get in at the last min..

disneyfamily05
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM
We were there on Monday and saw the first show at 11:30 - we went to get in line at 10:50 and the line was already backed up to carnival type rides. I distinctly remember thinking there is no way this show could be worth this wait and heat and people in line being in a bad mood - i was WRONG! The show was worth it so i would brave the wait if i could. I wouldn't have the group seperate - one the Dino Dig is not that close to the theater - its not as if your wife and son could watch to see where you are going or you could yell/motion for them to come over when the line started to move; and two once the CM saw how long the line was they started moving us forward within a few minutes and at one point you go through a turnstile with a fence type barrier around it - so there is no way they could join you if you were past that point. For show times if you google "WDW Live entertainment times" you should get a website by Steve Soares that lists the showtimes everyweek. Hope this helps.

PirateLover
06-15-2007, 04:20 PM
In regards to saving spots, in May, we dropped my mother off in line about an hour or so ahead of time. My bf and I had fastpasses for everest. Mom held a place in line and we returned after a half hour to wait with her. I actually got the idea from reading someone else doing it on Intercot. It was not a problem. I don't think they would like dad holding a place for 9 other family members, but one or two people shouldn't be a problem in cases like this where the line is outside and does not move until 15 minutes or so before the performance. In fact a CM looked directly at us and smiled when we ducked under the line to join mom before the line moved. We didn't even get a friendly "please don't do this in the future."
They don't count the people in line until they start moving you forwards to the door. I wouldn't attempt to join the line after that point, however.

LoriMistress
06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I would see the first showing. If you don't the crowd/line will be worse.

MOJoe
06-19-2007, 01:57 PM
We saw this show on June 11th. We got in line 30 minutes before the last show of the day. We came from the main entrance area, and took the path to the left saying Nemo. Mistake! Instead, if you are not 40 or so minutes early you should continue on towards Dino Land. The line curves back all the way to the entrance of Tricera Top Spin. I was very doubtful we would get in, but a lady next to me in line said the theater is huge and was pretty sure we would get a seat. She was right.

Let me say that this show is a home run. It is worth standing in a 45 minute plus line. And as word of this show gets out, well 45 minutes may not be enough. If you are standing as far back as the entrance to Dino Land, you should get a seat. Beyond that. Doubtful.

garymacd
06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
We saw the 2 pm show when we were there in May. It was great. We actually got in line as it started to move, and we still got a seat...it was at the back and the right side of the stage, but they managed to crowd us all in.