PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Help from the Experts

Rica
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, the time is quickly approaching, and I will be making our ADR's in the next couple of weeks. We will be in Disney Dec. 20 -26. Can't wait for Christmas with the mouse! Well here's my big question- I have pretty much decided on all our dinning choices, but I have one meal left to decide on. I have not yet chosen our meal for Christmas Eve. We plan be in Animal Kingdom that day . I can't decide if we want to dine at Rainforest or go on over to Downtown to eat at Fulton Crab House. I ate at Rainforest on the last trip about 4 years ago. I thought the food was ok, but we mostly would be going for the atmosphere for my two DS. On the other hand we never ate at Fulton's, and I love any crab dishes. Does anyone have advice to share? Also, here is a list of the other place we have planned to make ADR's at. You can share suggestions on those too if you like.

Crystal Place- Breakfast
Liberty Tree- Dinner Before the MVMCP
Cape May- Breakfast
Teppanyaki
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Dinner Package
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

krose78
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
We will be down there Dec 19th-27th. :santa: We are doing AK on Christmas Eve also. I think I would say Fultons. It is Christmas Eve and Rainforest is ok but....

BelleBeauty
06-14-2007, 01:19 PM
My opinion would be to go with Fultons. I've been to Rainforest in DTD and one in PA - both consistently okay. Not really great enough to warrant a Christmas Eve meal, in my opinion.

Fultons would be a nice change of pace from the parks. Take a little time, dress up a tiny bit, go to DTD, have dinner, walk around. Then show your boys the Lego store, Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney - that will match the Rainforest Cafe environment! I'm sure the holiday decorations at Fultons and in DTD will be lovely too.

BrerStitch
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I have eaten at different Rainforest Cafe's before and like you said, they are ok, but like others have said, it's Christmas Eve.

I think the atomsphere at Fulton's would be nicer and I'm sure the food is a lot better over there! Hope you have a wonderful trip.
:mickey:

DawsonAR
06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Rainforest has good food, but Fultons has really good food.

Rica
06-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all the input so far. I would love to hear from anyone else who would like to share!:minnie:

Goes4FastPass
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM
1. Dump Fulton's and Rainforest.

2. Where are you staying? AK will be closed by dinner time in December - and it isn't a full day park anyway. Eating at or near your resort may be nice for Christmas Eve.

3. Best choice - get a late as possible (5 something, isn't it?) Candlelight Processional package at an Epcot restaurant (I think Rose and Crown is particularly Christmas-like). Ummm... family dinner, then the CP on Christmas Eve then Illuminations will end with "Let There be Peace on Earth..." That's a magical WDW Christmas Eve.

KAT1811
06-14-2007, 10:53 PM
1. Dump Fulton's and Rainforest.

2. Where are you staying? AK will be closed by dinner time in December - and it isn't a full day park anyway. Eating at or near your resort may be nice for Christmas Eve.

3. Best choice - get a late as possible (5 something, isn't it?) Candlelight Processional package at an Epcot restaurant (I think Rose and Crown is particularly Christmas-like). Ummm... family dinner, then the CP on Christmas Eve then Illuminations will end with "Let There be Peace on Earth..." That's a magical WDW Christmas Eve.

:ditto: I'd say maybe the new Italy restaurant or San Angel Inn. Never tried Rose and Crown but the menu just doesn't do it for me.

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I would say do Fulton's. Been to Rainforest it was ok but, not really the type of food I crave. I love crab, shrimp etc... and we are trying Fultons in 7 days cant wait.
Steer clear of the Mexican Rest. in Epcot we ate lunch there 2 yrs ago and my 3 children love mexican but, when it came to the food there they vowed they'd never eat it again. Bad waiter & the food was worse.

Rica
06-15-2007, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE][/QUOTEI would say do Fulton's. Been to Rainforest it was ok but, not really the type of food I crave. I love crab, shrimp etc... and we are trying Fultons in 7 days cant wait.
Steer clear of the Mexican Rest. in Epcot we ate lunch there 2 yrs ago and my 3 children love mexican but, when it came to the food there they vowed they'd never eat it again. Bad waiter & the food was worse.]

In regards to this post, have fun on your upcoming trip. If you wouldn't mind, could you post your experience and opinion about Fulton's when ya'll get back? Thanks so much!

Natazu
06-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Need a Little Help from the ExpertsThere are plenty here. I'll give you my two cents till some of them show up.

For Christmas Eve, it's really hard to beat Victoria & Albert's holiday meal. If that isn't in your budget, Grand Floridian Cafe and Olivia's usually offer great holiday items, and Boma has a holiday spread that can't be beat.

dolphinmickey9170
06-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Why not the new Yak and Yeti at AK. It will be open.

MsMin
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey neighbor! (BR here, just up I-10;)) I think of Rainforest as just another chain so I save it for other locations. I've never eaten at Fulton's so can't help you much there.
I just looked over some of the menus and there is not a lot of crab. Even the menu @ Boatwrights PO is not "our" type of seafood w/ the mussels and "bayou salmon"??? I did notice that Olivia's Cafe @ okw has crabcakes on the menu I can't say I've eaten there. Most places have it as an appetizer.
I like the idea of spending Christmas Eve in EPCOT, Illuminations will lift your Christmas Spirit!
Looks like overall you have a nice selection.

mickey-mouse35
06-17-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree with above posters to skip both Fulton's and Rainforest and do Candlelight Processional with dinner at Epcot (if you have park hopper tickets so you can do AK earlier like you planned). That would be a magical Christmas Eve. If not, then I agree with recommendations for dining at resort--either your own or another. The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, etc. are all GORGEOUS at Christmas and have some great restaurants. Last choice would be Fulton's (back to your original question) and to skip Rainforest! :mickey:

Rica
06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the input. Now you guys gave me a whole lot to think about, but what else would I want to do between now and Sunday. Making ADR's on Sunday!! Woo hoo!!! :call:

Disneyfun
06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Here is another option....DW and I ate at the California Grill for a late dinner (I think we had ADR's at 9ish) on Christmas Eve a few years ago. With the view of the MK and the spectacular Tamarind BBQ steak that they used to have (a pity they don't have it any more :( )< I couldn't ask for anything better or magical!

After dinner, we rode the monorail around the MK loop. The resorts were vacant and we felt as if the decorations were put up just for us. This was more of a timing thing, but it was magical!

moe513
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Rainforest is just a chain,I dont find it very Disney. I would skip fultons and go to Wolfgangs at DTD. I also like Ohanas at the Poly. 1900 parkfare is good.although I dont know if the refurbishment will be done. Then you can visit the famous gingerbread house at the grand floridian.