PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest ?

elmjimmlm
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Would a 5 year old enjoy DQ? What do you think?

LilOrmstonViolet38
06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
i would say that 5 is pushing it for DQ. it is mainly set up for like the 9-25 set. lots of things that might frighten a 5yr old, unless it is a fearless kid, but even then so many virtual reality stuff like what is there is rather powerful. there are lots of old arcade games, but sometimes they are a little beyond five yr. olds too. there are some "community" type games like a dodgeball game that you are in a little bumper car thing, that a parent and child can get in and i could see that being extremely fun with a small child, however you may be waiting in line awhile for something like that. if it were my kid i wouldn't take them at five, unless i had spare tickets (such at water parks and mores) that i may not use on anything else and could give it a try. but if i were spending the money on it, no way. but i'm not big on young children playing video games either so that may be my biased coming out.

CosmicRay
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I like your question, I am taking DD (age 6) to the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutiqe and we wanted something special for DS (age 5) and thought Disney Quest would be a good idea for him and DH. I will have to keep checking your thread to see what others say.

thejens
06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
To me it would be wasted on a five year old. I took my nephews 6 and 10 and they liked the plain old fashioned video games best and were overwhelmed by most of the fancy stuff. They really liked it but, in retrospect, ten dollars worth of quarters in the resort arcade would have made them just as happy. That said, it does depend on the child. Some kids are more game oriented than others. I'd do the water park or ski racer or something more interactive myself. Our boys also LOVED making their own light saber in Once Upon a Toy. Just be prepared that they will want to wield their saber for the rest of the trip.

ryca1dreams
06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
There are many things a 5 yo may not be able to do because of height requirements (like the Buzz Lightyear ride if I remember right)

We went when my son was 6 and he mostly played arcade games, skeeball, and even the POTC game. But some of the games were lost on him. He didn't like the virtual lightsaber game with the mask over the face.

When he was 7 he was able to do a lot more. So, that's my guide.

iceicebritney
06-19-2007, 09:44 PM
DQ is a waist of time INMHO. I say skip it - your 5yr old son would appreciate more time in the park, or even a trip to toontown in MK or the character connection in EPCOT to get some one on one time in with his favorite characters!
We wont make the mistake again of going to DQ... 3 visits in the last 2 years and they all left us feeling empty...